Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

**17) Woolwich (16) **A fanbase that has spent the last few weeks shouting “I’m not owned” as they slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob, blaming anyone and everyone else for the failure to pin down fourth spot. The very real and tangible progress made by Mikel Arteta’s young side has been inevitably overshadowed by the catastrophic nature of their late-season collapse and the identity of the club to which they’ve handed a Champions League spot that really should have been theirs. It was an opportunity that has no guarantee of coming round again and promising young sides don’t always deliver on that promise. Insistence that it doesn’t constitute a bottling (hint: it does) just because they weren’t expecting to finish in the top four at the start of the season also means Woolwich fans will have to retire the ‘third in a two-horse race’ jibes at Spurs because if there’s one thing we know about all football fans it is that they are inherently logical creatures whose universes must always run on solid internal narrative integrity.

🤣🤣 many years ago went to the Effeminates Library (for the first and only time) to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band; wore a Spurs shirt of course and got regular verbal abuse from the stewards and security muppets.
The main memory was how shit, and very quiet the sound was, it was possible to have a conversation throughout at normal volume like you were in your sitting room at home.
What an absolute shitehole venue
Really should now be knocked down and rebuilt in Plumstead their proper home for their future Thursday nights and mid table or worse tedious dull Ted Bundy football
Yeah I won't be going there again for music, its already showing its age.
Ques in and out of the stadium was a joke, what they have done with the surrounding area when you leave is shit (was way worse than when going there for the football)

They only won one game all season in the PL and their cups runs where they fell a goal behind!

Embarrassed Shame GIF

So it's not too surprising they gave up, they knew they didn't have the bottle to come back.
A lot of them on Arse Mania chose that match as their highlight of the season.

Yeah. Beating Wolves. At home. Best moment of the season.

An Oggie wins it 90+5.

If that was my best moment in the past season I'd be on anti-depressants by now.

They really are a special level of stupid gooner fans.

Somehow a fixture which sees each team play 19 home matches and 19 away matches in a season with each of those being a pair with the other 19 clubs was not a fair fixture.... Yep somehow that fixture was FIXED last season to screw the Gunners.

If this is them now, I can't wait to see them at the end of next season. I actually can't imagine the kind of shit they'll come up with, I've never been delusional enough to have any kind of reference point.

Are they gonna start doing astrology next? "Oh yeah we lost cos venus was on its third trimester" or some shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is them now, I can't wait to see them at the end of next season. I actually can't imagine the kind of shit they'll come up with, I've never been delusional enough to have any kind of reference point.

Are they gonna start doing astrology next? "Oh yeam we lost cos venus was on its third trimester" or some shit.

It has been said many a time that this really was their season to crack on. Legoman had had a couple of seasons under his belt and they had almost no distractions such as cups/europe. Add to that we had the Nuno handbrake and everybody else were stumbling along all season.

I can't see Legoman surviving next season sadly for us. He'll have to backtrack on the players he froze out like Saliba which will bruise his fragile ego. That should be a nice bit of poison in the well. Especially if he is a decent player.

That’s a whopping thread! We’ve actually destroyed their fans 🤣

They are so broken.

Just need them to finish in/near the bottom half of the table next year and they just might start to realise they have turned into the 4th biggest London club - and then the following season a fight for 5th biggest with palace.

Good fun reminding them their “project” aim next season was to win the CL.
£72m Pepe being a key part of that plan.
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

And now they have Eddie Nketiah as their main striker, when they say he’s a promising youngster the reminder at the same age Harry Kane had scored 49 premier league goals compared to his 10 leaves them nowhere to go with that one either.

Broken. All of them.

Last season was their big chance with united, us and even Chelsea being average or worse

All 3 teams will and have strengthened already, I don’t see them anywhere near the top 4

It really is a bad time for them
Yup, and with Arteta about to experience a nervous breakdown last season managing fixtures, I think he could honestly get the sack this season once he tries to manage trips to the Balkans in mid week.

Back
Top Bottom