Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's like their fanbase is all one mind. Now the talk on Twitter from the majority of fans, including some big Woolwich podcasters is that they are looking better for the future than us, our recent transfers are all short sighted and they have the depth as City? WTF is happening?

It's like their fanbase is all one mind. Now the talk on Twitter from the majority of fans, including some big Woolwich podcasters is that they are looking better for the future than us, our recent transfers are all short sighted and they have the depth as City? WTF is happening?
They said exactly the same last year, the year before that and the year before that.
They are where we were post CL final.
On paper the look of a decent side, but players with shit attitudes and weak mentality.
Look at last season, they couldn’t lose top 4, but the managed it purely and simply because they couldn’t handle the pressure.
They lost to us because the atmosphere in the stadium was too much for them to handle, they lost up at Newcastle because the atmosphere was too much for them to handle.
They have no leaders, no never say die attitude, they have trouble makers in the camp.
All the things we’ve been for a while. That’s all changed now Conte is in charge. He’s buying leaders he’s buying winners, he’s shipping out the trouble makers, he’s turning existing players into winners.
Look what he’s done to Doherty, Davies, Dier etc.

I have no doubt we will finish some distance ahead of them next season. I wouldn’t worry about what their pathetic fan base are saying online or in podcasts. They are delusional and social media is all they have on their sad pathetic lives.

Last edited:
I literally cannot believe the fuss they are making about giving Nketia the number 14 shirt.
They wheeled him out as if it was a new signing and genuinely believe giving him that number will turn him into Henry.
On top of that, every player they are reportedly about to sign is immediately the best player in the world and they can’t believe they have signed him.
Not one of them had heard of that Viera lad but, within 5 minutes of them being linked they all became experts and cheered as though they signed Messi in his pomp. The guy is about 8 stone wet through and hasn’t even played for his country’s full side. They are a weak side with no leaders and no strength, they are easily bullied, and they believe the answer is to sign another weakling.
They would be celebrating like winning the league if they announced Joey Barton as their midfield enforcer..

As funny as it is, I’m still amazed at how far that lot have fallen. They sacked Wenger because he only managed to get them top 4 every year and it wasn’t enough, now they accept bottling top 4 to their rivals and think 5th is progress.

What a mess they are.

Last edited:
FVmP0ucWAAAdQCd

A mate at a bbq argued he would rather be in their position than ours as they have so much more potential. His heart sank when I reminded him most will be average at best and those that turn out decent will be sold.

A mate at a bbq argued he would rather be in their position than ours as they have so much more potential. His heart sank when I reminded him most will be average at best and those that turn out decent will be sold.
This season feels different because our purchases come across as being to fix our issues now, no way would we have bought Ivan BC (Before Conte). How many times have we bought 'potential' for it to work out?
I'm still not feeling completely smug about their future, we need to get something in the trophy cabinet before I can go full throttle:)

EXCLUSIVE: Woolwich midfielder Granit Xhaka's yellow card against Leeds is being investigated by the National Crime Agency amid suspicions of a MAJOR scandal following suspicious betting activity into his booking​

• Granit Xhaka was booked for timewasting in Woolwich's 4-1 win over Leeds
  • The FA conducted a six month investigation into the yellow card in December
  • They have referred the matter to the country's leading organised crime agency
  • The FA were alerted to suspicious betting patterns in relation to the booking
  • There has been no suggestion of wrongdoing by Woolwich or the player himself

About fucking time.

"extreme specificity and innovation"

.......Absolute state of the carrot-batton eating Tarquin!!! :dierno:
Swear they've fully lost their marbles over the last year or so, guys like this are not outliers any more.

It's absolutely fascinating to see how many of their fans are convinced that emulating City but without their pull or resources is a winning strategy. It's like some 2/10 dying her hair blonde and thinking she's suddenly going to become Margot Robbie.

"Who's Margot, Wobbie?"

Back
Top Bottom