Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich was a mess but Edu helped fix it getting in better players. If they think Arteta has done anywhere near the job Klopp has done then they are idiots.

I mean look at the Liverpool midfield yesterday, Mcallister, Elliot, Jones then a bunch of kids later in the game, not bad players but not as good as what we put out against Burnley with Bentancur, Lo Celso and Kulusevski.

If Klopp had the £700m backing Arteta had he would have won a title. Last season they would not have collapsed when they were way out in front. I hope Woolwich fans keep thinking like this. Arteta is a ok manager but he isn’t Klopp level.
Arteta reminds me of poch but he had a slower start (2 years of 8th) and hasn’t done 4 consecutive top 4 years yet.

Like poch, it’s looking like he was fortunate to be managing an influx of elite young talent and once that talent declines, he’s an average manager.

I expect Woolwich to still be good for another few years but I wouldn’t be surprised if their league performance peaked last season.

All teams eventually become their manager in personality.
Does that mean sooner or later our 1st eleven will end up just standing there, stock still, and looking around once every few minutes?

t3FThHl.png

Arteta reminds me of poch but he had a slower start (2 years of 8th) and hasn’t done 4 consecutive top 4 years yet.

Like poch, it’s looking like he was fortunate to be managing an influx of elite young talent and once that talent declines, he’s an average manager.

I expect Woolwich to still be good for another few years but I wouldn’t be surprised if their league performance peaked last season.

He's a dirty snakey fat lemon sucking prick but Pochettino is a much better coach than Arteta has ever shown, in my opinion.

I remember the early Arteta years. They were rubbish. Even in the early Poch days, you saw something with us. Like you say, it just felt like lightning struck in a bottle for them last season with all the other clubs performing poorly, staying injury free for long periods and players over performing to their abilities. And he still couldn't get it done.

Woolwich was a mess but Edu helped fix it getting in better players. If they think Arteta has done anywhere near the job Klopp has done then they are idiots.

I mean look at the Liverpool midfield yesterday, Mcallister, Elliot, Jones then a bunch of kids later in the game, not bad players but not as good as what we put out against Burnley with Bentancur, Lo Celso and Kulusevski.

If Klopp had the £700m backing Arteta had he would have won a title. Last season they would not have collapsed when they were way out in front. I hope Woolwich fans keep thinking like this. Arteta is a ok manager but he isn’t Klopp level.

Some LFC fan has done a squad compare of the teams Klopp got and Arteta got.

View: https://x.com/WillC___/status/1744749995864064286?s=20

Also: Klopps average League position is 3rd vs Arteta’s which is 6th

Arteta is a good manager but a 7/10 or 8/10 manager.
I don't see him as a manager, I see him as a decent but unproven coach.

I think quite a bit of their buying has been suspect - Havertz?!?!? Rice? Latter good player but slows their play down. That fiasco with the keepers. Jesus worked well for a while but they needed a top goalscorer and he's not that.

He'd be more dangerous to us if they had a top manager deciding what type of football to play, delivering Arteta good players for that fit, and telling him not to leave the training ground. Ever. Just prepare your guys for the Saturday to deliver the plan.

The scum bit is quite good, especially the fact that they’ve stopped getting penalties every game which has led to them not scoring hardly at all!

10) Mikel Arteta, Woolwich (8)
Woolwich are not, in the parlance of our times, in a good moment. The brutal nature of the Busy Festive Period has never been more evident than in sending an Woolwich team top of the pile on Christmas Day tumbling all the way to fourth by New Year’s Day after back-to-back defeats to West Ham (touch unfortunate, One Of Those Days) and Fulham (miserably dreadful).

Also now out of the FA Cup after a very silly 2-0 defeat to Liverpool that highlighted once again just how really quite alarmingly bad Woolwich are at scoring goals when the referees aren’t just giving them penalties every week out of their keen sense of overprotectiveness when it comes to Bukayo Saka. On the subject of whom, if Woolwich are really worried their Starboy’s long-term health and safety they might want to have a bit of a think about a manager who seems utterly unable to even countenance selecting a team that doesn’t include the 22-year-old.

Arteta and Woolwich now face a battle of nerve and skill to keep themselves in the title race and avoid awkward questions about how they’ve managed to get worse after adding the precise £100m player the club has seemingly been crying out for since the Vieira times. Absolutely wild if it turns out that player really actually was Granit Xhaka all along.

Nobody could really be so stupid.......could they??
Gotta be on the wind up

He uses quidditch as a fucking example...a made up fictitious sport played on broomsticks by witches and wizards...

"Heck, even J.K. Rowling knew goals weren’t enough. She added in The Golden Snitch.Taking inspiration from Quidditch, maybe a ten man rondo every 30 minutes.Each team nominates someone from their team to disrupt the other teams rondo. First to 3 interceptions gets a hat-trick."

Back
Top Bottom