Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everything Arteta does is a gimmick.

The dog, the lightbulb, the drawings on the whiteboard, the clock, the speakers blaring out YNWA on the training ground.

None of it’s helped their mentality or their ability to handle pressure in any way, it just looks daft when they collapse at the end of every season
The Spanish Brendan Rodgers.

The Spanish Brendan Rodgers.
He’s a good coach but he can’t manage his squad well when it matters.

Terrible at transfers as well. They’ve been through 4 keepers, spent 40m on Jesus who can’t finish, and 65m on Havertz who can’t play midfield or striker at a decent level.

Spending 160m on your midfield just to make it worse is quite an accomplishment.

Kobe Bryant GIF

This is what I was talking about with these tacticos, they think football is played on paper and don't understand the mental side of the game, and probably never will.
It was a true win for real football last night. All this tippy tappy zonal triangle passing juego de position bollocks blown away by some mentality and will to win.

This is what I was talking about with these tacticos, they think football is played on paper and don't understand the mental side of the game, and probably never will.

It’s why I loved watching Messi in his prime, no amount of formations, styles, tactics would work. Just pure natural talent and mentality overriding all game plans.

He’s a good coach but he can’t manage his squad well when it matters.

Terrible at transfers as well. They’ve been through 4 keepers, spent 40m on Jesus who can’t finish, and 65m on Havertz who can’t play midfield or striker at a decent level.

Spending 160m on your midfield just to make it worse is quite an accomplishment.

This is one of the funniest things. They could have just made Emi Martinez number one and they'd be in a much better position.

They've probably never been to a match in their lives. Can't sit at home pretending you know everything and have a strong opinion on the game if you never actually go to a stadium and watch matches, of any team.

Never understood those who were adamant that Woolwich would beat Bayern, better team on paper they maybe but it doesn't work like that especially in the CL. CL experience and know how counts for a lot - Bayern have that belief and expectation to progress whilst Woolwich don't and both teams played exactly how I expected them to over the course of the tie.

It actually reminded me of when we played Juve, this Arse/Bay game played out very different from our match because we created more chances but like them we should have gone through but they just dog walked us on experience and taught us a lesson on the night.

Better team on paper is debatable anyway. Kimmich, Goretzka, Kane, Neuer, Musiala, Davies all definitely start for Woolwich - argue the likes of Sane if you want. They're pretty even teams in terms of quality with Bayern having more depth.

I never understood why our fans thought they'd easily beat Bayern. They have zero top level European experience in that team, the Porto tie showed that. Tuchel is a much better coach in knockout situations, his record there is excellent.

Bayern have under-performed this season and then fell off a cliff when they realised Leverkusen had it won ... but they have quality throughout. Woolwich also have quality but most of their players are inexperienced, tiring and not 100% focused due to fighting still on two fronts. This was always Bayern's to lose.

Better team on paper is debatable anyway. Kimmich, Goretzka, Kane, Neuer, Musiala, Davies all definitely start for Woolwich - argue the likes of Sane if you want. They're pretty even teams in terms of quality with Bayern having more depth.

I never understood why our fans thought they'd easily beat Bayern. They have zero top level European experience in that team, the Porto tie showed that. Tuchel is a much better coach in knockout situations, his record there is excellent.

Bayern have under-performed this season and then fell off a cliff when they realised Leverkusen had it won ... but they have quality throughout. Woolwich also have quality but most of their players are inexperienced, tiring and not 100% focused due to fighting still on two fronts. This was always Bayern's to lose.

It's because Bayern have been playing like a load of dogs in the Bundesliga and have been under performing this season so on paper it looked like Woolwich were stronger.

It's because Bayern have been playing like a load of dgs in the Bundesliga and have been under performing this season so on paper it looked like Woolwich were stronger.

Not really. Most of this season they have been absolutely fine in terms of points. But Leverkusen have a freak season which make Bayern look worse than they are.

Not really. Most of this season they have been absolutely fine in terms of points. But Leverkusen have a freak season which make Bayern look worse than they are.

Yes really, they've been turd in the the Bundesliga and Levverkusen having a freak season doesn't take away from the fact that Bayern have been poor, if you actually watch them they play at such low intensity and as a group they have much more off days than Leverkusen.

It's because Bayern have been playing like a load of dogs in the Bundesliga and have been under performing this season so on paper it looked like Woolwich were stronger.

True but never really thought it would apply to the CL. Different approach entirely, the players who have lost interest in the Bundesliga will be up for it in Europe. Tuchel prefers knockout games as well. And the experienced core they have know these occasions.

Back
Top Bottom