Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know every fanbase refers to their club/team as "we". And rightly so, by the way, no issue with that.

But, does any other fan base act like they're actually part of the team the way Woolwich fans do? Just perpetually adolescent.

"Ahhhh, remember that season we put pressure on the team that actually won the Title..."

nuxZcDm.gif

Last edited:
I know every fanbase refers to their club/team as "we". And rightly so, by the way, no issue with that.

But, does any other fan base act like they're actually part of the team the way Woolwich fans do? Just perpetually adolescent.
Oh the bin dippers. A family as i was told the other day. When i called them a cult his face was priceless

I believe they are the only ones to also refer to themselves as "the"

Just remind their fans why…

It’s because they were called The Woolwich Woolwich. Obviously they dropped the Woolwich bit just like MK Dons dropped “Wimble” from their name.

North London since 1913.

Funny anecdote: I was having an argument with a Woolwich supporting mate once who asked me “Okay, if we’re not the best, why are we called THE Woolwich, eh?” And smug old me took pleasure in explaining it was because they were originally called The Woolwich Woolwich and that they were a South London club!

I like how they kept hold of last year’s placard as well. Look closely and it looks like it’s from the 22/23 season.

I’m a bit divided on whether or not I want them to add a 24/25 one to the collection… I’d say yes only if it’s at the expense of Spurs being the eventual winners, or by them bottling it so much they drop from 1st to 5th in a matter of weeks. That’d truly break them.

Absolutely glorious failure from them this season.

Surely they can't get as lucky again with injuries next time? Saliba played every minute in the PL and despite the limp that cunt Saka was always there too. Don't remember any other key players missing at any point for long stretches.

I hope it was their best chance of winning with City's slow start and injuries and I hope we do our part next season to stop them taking it to the last day.

Case in point, when "Troopz" had people interviewing him, telling him that he "helped put Woolwich on the map".

Fucking pathetic, small time, self-important bullshit supporters from Social Media FC.

They are back to their old bollocks about how they are redefining football etc

Even Thierry Henry on Football Focus said "sometimes winning isn't the most important thing, it's the sense of community that Mikel has created"
To be fair, they brought the rest of the Football community together to laugh at them, so Terrance does have a point...

I couldn't stand the guy when he was around, but people have the gall to say Pep is a better manager than Alex Ferguson.

Somehow I doubt we would see Pep win a European trophy with Aberdeen or take an underperforming for years Man Utd to the most dominant team in England.

I'm not saying Pep isn't a good manager, but as I always say, look at the teams he's managed, Barcelona with an in prime Xavi, Iniesta & Messi, Bayern Munich after they'd just won a treble, and Man City where he can have pretty much any player he wants.

His career is like playing Football Manager with cheats on.

Just heard the best one yet on a podcast

Alan Davies (Jonathan Creek) reckons that the reason they didn't win the league is the PL should have rearranged their Villa game, as it wasn't fair to play them in between CL games against Bayern

Back
Top Bottom