Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

THOUSANDS of Thais were paid to pose as Leicester City fans for the club’s Premier League victory parade in Thailand, we can reveal.

Masses lined roads in club colours to wave at the stars as the open-top bus weaved through Bangkok.

Club captain Wes Morgan said: “We’ve had some special receptions when we’ve arrived in Thailand in the past, but nothing like this. This is incredible.”
But many there had responded to a social media advert offering to pay people for a “Leicester parade job”. They were to get 500 baht, just under a tenner.

They were asked to meet at the Bangkok HQ of the King Power company, the travel retail group owned by the owners of the club — and after which their stadium is named.

They were also given free club T-shirts and urged to clap and chant during the celebration.

A source in Bangkok said: “Some of the people in blue at the parade were paid. I spoke to a large number and they were all given £10 to attend. Many were King Power employees.
“They were also given free T-shirts.” Roads were closed for the celebration on Thursday. It was part of a week-long tour organised by the club’s tycoon owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.

Some players, including Jamie Vardy, 29, and Riyad Mahrez, 25, could not make it. The club declined to comment on the fake fan parade claims.

A year ago a pre-season tour ended in scandal when three players were videod taking part in a “racist orgy” with Thai girls.

The aces were fired later.

This time last season most neutrals wanted Leicester to win the PL.
Now it seems most neutrals want them relegated.
What goes around ................:dembelefingers:

Funny how that works doesn't it.

I bet teams won't be standing there wanting Leicester to beat them this season. The whole league was an absolute shambles last season.

TBH, if we hadn't been in the mix last season, then I would have been rooting for Leicester in preference to any other club, as we all love an underdog story. However, the most die-hard Leceister supporter has to admit that they didn't win the League by playing fantastic football, most of their wins were 1-0 and not exactly a feast for the eyes. But everyone bought into the fairytale and got totally carried away. I do feel some sympathy for Ranieri, and the players have to take a lot of the blame for their freefall down the standings; several of them will be putting in a transfer request as soon as relegation is confirmed. I now feel that demotion would serve them right.
PS - I never understand why other supporters come on here, haven't they got their own forums to go on? I personally don't give a fig what their opinions are, especially what they think of my team.

TBH, if we hadn't been in the mix last season, then I would have been rooting for Leicester in preference to any other club, as we all love an underdog story. However, the most die-hard Leceister supporter has to admit that they didn't win the League by playing fantastic football, most of their wins were 1-0 and not exactly a feast for the eyes. But everyone bought into the fairytale and got totally carried away. I do feel some sympathy for Ranieri, and the players have to take a lot of the blame for their freefall down the standings; several of them will be putting in a transfer request as soon as relegation is confirmed. I now feel that demotion would serve them right.
PS - I never understand why other supporters come on here, haven't they got their own forums to go on? I personally don't give a fig what their opinions are, especially what they think of my team.
I couldn't give a flying fig either.

It's also now mathematically beyond Leicester retaining the title - the boy Linekar just said as much on MOTD. I look forward to their place in the top flight next season being mathematically beyond them

I agree.

I infrequently browse other forums if something of note is occurring (i.e. linked to or have bought one of our players) or if there's some debate likely to be occurring which might be fun to read.

I don't get why people sign up and try and offer their opinions on other team's fan's forums though. It's like popping next door to give your neighbour your honest opinion of their relationship, house and kids - you are mostly likely to be told to fuck off.

Back
Top Bottom