Come here to laugh at Leicester

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon you'll get that with all the clubs in the EPL

You’d reckon wrong.

Bunch of rugby loving, happy clacker waving, crisp eating wankers.
Jumped on a football bandwagon and they can jump back off again now.

Personally very pleased to see the back of them. Hope they do a Wigan.

(Same time I spent a lot of time in Birmingham and found their fans to be pretty sound)

One thing that I didn't realise, was just how hated these wankers are. Looking at social media last night and the celebrations from other fans from almost every PL Club was heartwarming. It's fair to say that they saw us as some kind of massive rival, think that was confirmed by that fella @blue something that use to frequent this sight, but fucking hell this lot were well and truly despised by almost everyone.

The context around this that also makes this more startling is that Leeds being the other club to go down, traditionally a club hated by so many other fanbases, there's very little hatred towards them from what I can see. That's some achievement!

I guess you can put that largely down to the fact Leeds being out of the top division for so long that there's a new generation of fans now, also probably because having a very likeable manager in Beilsa who also had this team playing some enjoyable football goes some way to att least people nodding with some appreciation rather than dislike. I know I'm in the latter category and I'm old enough to have experienced the historic animosity towards them.

Just watched MOTD . Looking at fans. Felt a bit for Leeds fans looking down. Laughing my arse off at Leicester fans (looking down or just butt fucking ugly, hard to tell).

if Madison wants to come to us, I’ll forgive him for being a dick.

big ears not giving it, priceless.

how bad must it be to have us, after the shittest season in a long time, to be laughing at you. Really how must that feel.

inbread cunt football club. Fuck off to the EFL and stay there.

Just remembered Leicester fans are a massive bunch of nasty Tories.

ES8oXfTXYAEGWnm.jpg
What’s jame Carragher, luis Suarez being a racist and Liverpool got to do with Leicester fans being tories?

I think I am missing something here.

Would you take an FA Cup win if it meant that two years later you were relegated to the Championship?

Not going to lie to you. I am not sure I would. I think Leicester are going to be fucked now tbh. Ridiculously high wages, Tielemans, Coyuncu and Evans all leaving on free transfers. Maddison and Barnes almost certain to leave.

I have no doubt the likes of Iheanacho will want to move on and would get plenty of suitors too.

It’s a good point but Leicester are a much smaller club than us so what they achieved was astonishing, a club that is normally a yo-yo team like Burnley. In that respect they are always likely to get relegated at some point without a sugar daddy owner but they got big trophies with it.

From that perspective it’s a good deal.

By the way with the exception of Maddison ( I've never brought into Teleimans or Barns fully) do they have any players worth having. I remember thinking Soyoncu was...Good then thinking he was crap? What's the deal with that.

I think they thought they were too good to go down and didn’t have to fight to say up. I can’t remember one back to the wall performance from them. I’ve watched a lot of forest this season who had some poor quality players but their effort couldn’t be denied. ( I think that’s why cooper binned off lingard so early in the season)

By the way with the exception of Maddison ( I've never brought into Teleimans or Barns fully) do they have any players worth having. I remember thinking Soyoncu was...Good then thinking he was crap? What's the deal with that.
Agree with you on Teleimans, but Barnes looks like he had a decent season. Think I heard he had over ten goals in the league this season? Not bad for a winger playing for a relegated club.

Looking forward to seeing the phrase “doing a Leicester” replacing “doing a Leeds” as they slide down the leagues.

They will be like the popular kid at school who married the fit girl when they were 18.

images

Then you see them aged 40 in Asda.

BobcZwYCAAEggCH.jpg

Best days are well and truly in the past…. guess they will always have 2016.

(Don’t begrudge them that at all. They stopped woolwich winning it)

One thing that I didn't realise, was just how hated these wankers are. Looking at social media last night and the celebrations from other fans from almost every PL Club was heartwarming. It's fair to say that they saw us as some kind of massive rival, think that was confirmed by that fella @blue something that use to frequent this sight, but fucking hell this lot were well and truly despised by almost everyone.

The context around this that also makes this more startling is that Leeds being the other club to go down, traditionally a club hated by so many other fanbases, there's very little hatred towards them from what I can see. That's some achievement!

I guess you can put that largely down to the fact Leeds being out of the top division for so long that there's a new generation of fans now, also probably because having a very likeable manager in Beilsa who also had this team playing some enjoyable football goes some way to att least people nodding with some appreciation rather than dislike. I know I'm in the latter category and I'm old enough to have experienced the historic animosity towards them.

It's because they went all Chelsea with their chants of "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" - despite it being factually incorrect in a lot of cases

It's up there with "you only come to see the Woolwich" when they are beating a league two team at home

Back
Top Bottom