Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yes mr walker. I remember being told city unfairly were buying there way to the top with all the signings they made using blood £. Then when they bought walker from us, suddenly I was told that £50m they used wasn't blood money. It was from all sorts of revenue streams. Sounds legit :levylol:

By me? Nah.........

Poch is like a whore...
starsport22.jpg

Exactly. And when the shit hit the fan, as many of us knew it would after we imposed our own 18 month transfer embargo, you predictably backed the snooker ball on the right!

....Do you you even care about the truth?

Your comments don't even make chronological sense.

That pic was taken the following April; it signifys that I was behind Levy AND Poch and believed them to be a good pairing. Something you're binary mind has struggled to comprehend for years now.

What's more, when the chips were down I remained Poch_In.

Basically, you're talking bollocks.

Last edited:
Absolutely would be hard.

But I've very old family friends who'd been going to the bridge for over 40yrs, they've never set foot in the stadium follow Abramovic takeover. They still follow them, just stopped caring and thew their weight and a bit of money behind Cuffley Football and never regretted it. People do stop following their teams, there is little said about it, they just disappear, replaced by whoever is next on the waiting list. Some Man U supporters formed a new club.

Unlike some on here who constantly bitch or moan but have NEVER actual got off their arses to actually protest against something the club is doing or done, I have protested against the Club (Stratford move, Sugar takeover). Were I to remain a Spurs fan following a sports-wash takeover I know that I would 100% protest against the new regime if I remained a Spurs fan.
Yeah that's true about some chelsea fans. But as you say they were forgotten about & easily replaced. I also think that kind of tied in with the shift to modern football & all the things not to like about it. Regardless of our owners I have gone off football a lot. I also wonder if a lot of people go off football more as they get older. Realise its not as important or its just got old so not as interesting. I appreciate the protesting you did & you're right. But I guess its hard to be motivated to protest when you know it won't have an impact. Maybe the Chelsea or united fans who stopped supporting them could have protested enough to stop the new owners taking over. But I doubt it.
Its like people keep moaning & bitching about the evil Saudis but don't bother protesting. Our government has many ties & dealings too with them but that's ok.
Also there are other regime's people moan about on here but don't bother to protest it.
As well as moaning about homophobic, racism etc. Again, not many actually going out protesting it. We live in a culture where you are seen as a weirdo or hippy for protesting ha. All credit to the protesters though, I am just too lazy to March with a sign all day whilst chanting a catchy rhyme. But I know more of us should. We just moan online about things like the awful Saudi's or racism.

Yeah that's true about some chelsea fans. But as you say they were forgotten about & easily replaced. I also think that kind of tied in with the shift to modern football & all the things not to like about it. Regardless of our owners I have gone off football a lot. I also wonder if a lot of people go off football more as they get older. Realise its not as important or its just got old so not as interesting. I appreciate the protesting you did & you're right. But I guess its hard to be motivated to protest when you know it won't have an impact. Maybe the Chelsea or united fans who stopped supporting them could have protested enough to stop the new owners taking over. But I doubt it.
Its like people keep moaning & bitching about the evil Saudis but don't bother protesting. Our government has many ties & dealings too with them but that's ok.
Also there are other regime's people moan about on here but don't bother to protest it.
As well as moaning about homophobic, racism etc. Again, not many actually going out protesting it. We live in a culture where you are seen as a weirdo or hippy for protesting ha. All credit to the protesters though, I am just too lazy to March with a sign all day whilst chanting a catchy rhyme. But I know more of us should. We just moan online about things like the awful Saudi's or racism.
The nail on the head there mate is we are all in today's world (not sure what that means) are less bothered to actually do something. On the whole, we are apathetic and lazy. Social media whilst is a hugely important outlet and also be just as important defence and on both sides there is a lack of transparency and authenticity.

The only time I've seen a genuine movement and groundswell of opinion formed and mobilized huge swathes of the population was over poll tax and the Iraq War. I can't remember if it worked over Poll tax or not and it certainly didn't over Iraq War. Form our side of the fence I thought the Anti-gun protests in the US looked to be powerful but that too appears to have withered and died and has come to nothing.

So, yeah perhaps we are just all too beaten up and know that to protest will do nothing to change anything. That said I still think if anyone feels strongly enough about something they have the right to protest it and protest it unopposed. What is really encouraging from what I'm reading about the Newcastle takeover is just how many of their fans are communicating how conflicted they feel about it. And many, like This Fish This Fish can voice this. I think they can go one step further and protest the new owners whilst knowing that the investment will still come (remember protests don't change anything), they can come out of this without looking like hypocrites because it's fair to say they were right to protest against Ashley but for those same people to "welcome" the Saudi's is just a joke.

The nail on the head there mate is we are all in today's world (not sure what that means) are less bothered to actually do something. On the whole, we are apathetic and lazy. Social media whilst is a hugely important outlet and also be just as important defence and on both sides there is a lack of transparency and authenticity.

The only time I've seen a genuine movement and groundswell of opinion formed and mobilized huge swathes of the population was over poll tax and the Iraq War. I can't remember if it worked over Poll tax or not and it certainly didn't over Iraq War. Form our side of the fence I thought the Anti-gun protests in the US looked to be powerful but that too appears to have withered and died and has come to nothing.

So, yeah perhaps we are just all too beaten up and know that to protest will do nothing to change anything. That said I still think if anyone feels strongly enough about something they have the right to protest it and protest it unopposed. What is really encouraging from what I'm reading about the Newcastle takeover is just how many of their fans are communicating how conflicted they feel about it. And many, like This Fish This Fish can voice this. I think they can go one step further and protest the new owners whilst knowing that the investment will still come (remember protests don't change anything), they can come out of this without looking like hypocrites because it's fair to say they were right to protest against Ashley but for those same people to "welcome" the Saudi's is just a joke.
There's always going to be knackers who think football stadia aren't the place for politics. Those same morons who begrudge a Rainbow flag. So I don't think anti-Saudi protests are the way forward, personally. I think ramping up support for those who're treated the worst in that regime is the best way to go about it.

I've noticed a fair few kids putting the Saudi flag in their twitter name, wihch I hope is just excitement about the new owners, and ignorance of the broader topic. Hopefully they'll wise up.

Good to see the national media have had thoughtful Newcastle fans on there platforms. A couple of contributors to the True Faith fanzine have been on the BBC, or Joe.co.uk and freely admit to being conflicted, I think, like you say, it's encouraging. The more of them, and the fewer gobshites the better.

One thing the "lockdown" has proved for me is that I spent too much time watching football before. I thought I would miss it, but there are other ways to spend the time.
I may have watched my last ever Wolves v Southampton type game, I really don't care.

One thing the "lockdown" has proved for me is that I spent too much time watching football before. I thought I would miss it, but there are other ways to spend the time.
I may have watched my last ever Wolves v Southampton type game, I really don't care.
It's a funny old one - you initially miss it, but the longer the cold turkey goes on (especially with its importance dwarfed by *other things* in the world) the less you even remember.

Then again, the fact that half our players were broken and everything was going tits up when the league stopped made it all that more palatable to not watch Spurs. I won't be able to resist when it all starts back up.

Anyone remember this kinda fuss surrounding the City sell-out?

Not aware of the politics, but could City's lot be driving all this from behind the scenes?
Definitely the BeIN sports side of things, but Amnesty International and Fair Square who represent them are hardly allying themselves with Qatar to have a pop at the Saudis.

This is good strategy from Amnesty International though. Brings loads of attention to a very important issue. It's unlikely to have much impact on the decision, because the PL will be walking around with cartoon dollar signs in their eyes.

Definitely the BeIN sports side of things, but Amnesty International and Fair Square who represent them are hardly allying themselves with Qatar to have a pop at the Saudis.

This is good strategy from Amnesty International though. Brings loads of attention to a very important issue. It's unlikely to have much impact on the decision, because the PL will be walking around with cartoon dollar signs in their eyes.
I don't see how the Premier League can take the political issues on board.
If the UK government has maintained relations with Saudi Arabia then is the Chairman of the Premier League, whoever that is, supposed to make foreign policy?

I don't remember a similar fuss over City..... You see my point tho?

I don't remember a similar fuss over City..... You see my point tho?
I think there was less fuss because it all happened so quickly. Mostly because the seller had just had his assets frozen and had to sell.

Also, there's now more awareness of what Sportswashing is all about than there was then.

Back
Top Bottom