Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Several tax dodgers have passed the fit and proper test, I am not sure what you have to do to fail.

I'm sure a fair few remember this shit-fest:

"The freezing of his assets didn’t stop him from buying City, having previously failed to gain control at Liverpool and Fulham."

Unfortauntely, multi-billionaires from Byker are thin on the ground. I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't prefer to be owned by a local mega-rich individual, but how many clubs can claim that? How many clubs are owned by people from the same country, let alone the same area?

Would any success we enjoy be different to the success Man City enjoy, or Man Utd, Liverpool or Leicester?

Firstly, success is not guaranteed as you are up against more established mercenaries.

For me the club is selling 130 years of history to people who know absolutely Jack about football. The way they gained their wealth doesn’t sit right with me.
How many of you have said “I’d rather be in the championship than have Arab owners” whilst engaging in a debate with Man City fans? I bet it’s thousands, and these fans are now all for it and defending the buy out.

Ironic is it?

Nah, I'm not offended, I just find the suggestion I'm a prude for not being geared up for comedy when considering such human rights abuse a bit of a prick's outlook.

Still this from the man that is going to become an overnight LBGT crusader just to feel better about cheering on his sports-washing tool of a club.

Deep and righteous, my man.... :adesalute:
Hardly overnight.

Firstly, success is not guaranteed as you are up against more established mercenaries.

For me the club is selling 130 years of history to people who know absolutely Jack about football. The way they gained their wealth doesn’t sit right with me.
How many of you have said “I’d rather be in the championship than have Arab owners” whilst engaging in a debate with Man City fans? I bet it’s thousands, and these fans are now all for it and defending the buy out.
To be fair, the way most Billionaires gain their wealth doesn't sit well with me, but yeah, these guys are awful.

It's a fairly unusual situation we Newcastle fans find ourselves in. Were these bidders trying to buy the club from, say, Sir John Hall we'd probably not be as keen. But Ashley is so reviled on Tyneside that any change is change for the better.

Majority of my mates and fans I've spoken to online seem to fall in the same place as me.

Sure plenty of us stated we'd never be happy being owned by people with links to awful practices as the Man City owners are. But it's easy to hold such convictions as a hypothetical. there'll be fans of Tottenham who would state they couldn't accept such owners, but when push comes to shove they would be as conflicted as we are.

Re: the line about knowing nothing about football, I refer to you our current owner who employed Dennis Wise as DoF, employed Joe Kinnear (twice) and has shown time and time again that he knows jack about football.

Unfortauntely, multi-billionaires from Byker are thin on the ground. I don't think there's anybody who wouldn't prefer to be owned by a local mega-rich individual, but how many clubs can claim that? How many clubs are owned by people from the same country, let alone the same area?

Would any success we enjoy be different to the success Man City enjoy, or Man Utd, Liverpool or Leicester?
Joint takeover from local lads ant & dec?
I don't think our owner has been to Tottenham since oasis & blur were battling it out for the number 1 spot.

Re: the line about knowing nothing about football, I refer to you our current owner who employed Dennis Wise as DoF, employed Joe Kinnear (twice) and has shown time and time again that he knows jack about football.
Our owner hired a guy who doesn't know how city got so good. Even I know that!

Last edited:
Who will they turn into? The new-era Chelsea or Manchester City?

I'm happy for the NUFC fans that they're getting rid of Mike Ashley but holy shit imagine Newcastle becoming the new plastic team.

The amount suggested above is more or less what Guardiola is said to be on.
They can have whatever manager they want for that money except maybe Klopp or Mourinho, who are supposed to be not far off what Pep gets.

Last time I checked Simeone was the highest paid gaffer in the game.

We're alleged to be paying Jose 15m p/a.

To be fair, the way most Billionaires gain their wealth doesn't sit well with me, but yeah, these guys are awful.

It's a fairly unusual situation we Newcastle fans find ourselves in. Were these bidders trying to buy the club from, say, Sir John Hall we'd probably not be as keen. But Ashley is so reviled on Tyneside that any change is change for the better.

Majority of my mates and fans I've spoken to online seem to fall in the same place as me.

Sure plenty of us stated we'd never be happy being owned by people with links to awful practices as the Man City owners are. But it's easy to hold such convictions as a hypothetical. there'll be fans of Tottenham who would state they couldn't accept such owners, but when push comes to shove they would be as conflicted as we are.

I think most Spurs supporters would not want to be taken over by a certain subset of billionaire but would still support the club, including me.

The ever growing trend of using the Premier League to sportswash human rights abuses is worth discussing and should always be included as context when these clubs are successful - it's a different level of evil.

Last time I checked Simeone was the highest paid gaffer in the game.

We're alleged to be paying Jose 15m p/a.
Apparently Simeone is on £36m, then Pep on £20 and Jose getting £15m from the tight guy that doesn’t spend money.

£36m for Simeone. Holy shit.

Back
Top Bottom