Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will they turn into? The new-era Chelsea or Manchester City?

I'm happy for the NUFC fans that they're getting rid of Mike Ashley but holy shit imagine Newcastle becoming the new plastic team.
Ya, it is kind of nuts. Chelsea and City were mom and pop operations with no real history prior to their cash injections. Newcastle haven't been successful in what feels like a century, but they've been a much bigger club with a much larger supporter base than the other two had when they were bought.

I think most Spurs supporters would not want to be taken over by a certain subset of billionaire but would still support the club, including me.

The ever growing trend of using the Premier League to sportswash human rights abuses is worth discussing and should always be included as context when these clubs are successful - it's a different level of evil.
I don't think any win against an elite club, any cup success, any marquee signing will happen without people referencing the Saudi regime, and rightly so.

All we as Newcastle fans can do is educate ourselves on the Saudi regime and compartmentalise our support for the club, from defending the owners.

That would be £365k a week, which would set a ceiling for players wages. So if that is true then the new owners are not messing about.

If it's true then their owners have more money than sense.

eg. They want to sign player X who doesn't really want to move to a northern corner of England where people punch horses from Sunny Spain. Player X's agent says your manager is earning £365pw so we want at least £300pw to move there. Squad is all on silly wages, which in turn bumps up wages at every other club in the country.

It won't end well. Anyway, I don't think Poch is stupid enough to take the job. Man City took years to get it right behind the scenes. Do their new owners have time for that or will they be too impatient and want to start beheading people who havent performed for them?

If it's true then their owners have more money than sense.

eg. They want to sign player X who doesn't really want to move to a northern corner of England where people punch horses from Sunny Spain. Player X's agent says your manager is earning £365pw so we want at least £300pw to move there. Squad is all on silly wages, which in turn bumps up wages at every other club in the country.

It won't end well. Anyway, I don't think Poch is stupid enough to take the job. Man City took years to get it right behind the scenes. Do their new owners have time for that or will they be too impatient and want to start beheading people who havent performed for them?
From what I've read, Staveley is pushing for a long term approach and given the recent investments by the PIF, it speaks of a long term view, rather than instant success.

As long as it's an ambassadorial role, I've no problem with this. But, god bless him, Keegan has been out of the game for too long to really be an asset as any role that's more day-to-day.

Can't think of anyone I'd rather have talking up the club to players, reps, or commerical partners mind. He loves Newcastle and will happily speak passionately about it to anybody.
I thought he was a decent manager, also loved just how honest he was when he jacked in the England job. I'm struggling to think of any manager in the game now that's as confident as him to be able to speak his mind, including what his shortcomings might be, it's all just a 'spin show" now, with most of them prepared to chuck the players (anyone) under the bus so long as the finger doesn't get pointed at them (our manager wrote the book on how to do it).

Another thing that even now to this day I don't understand was why people take the piss out of the "love it" interview. I would absolutely love my manager to be that passionate about my Club.

Grew up watching him as a kid, him and Big Henry splashing on the Brut every other add. Adored him, proper hero worship from a young boy hooked on football. And who can forget his performances in SuperStars (the bike wobble a particular favourite).

Another working man's football club with values, sold to corporate greed on the off chance of a bit of success.
Any fan who wants this for their club is a new style social media fanboy.

I'd rather be in the lower leagues than have Arab owners who know nothing about football chucking obscene amounts of dirty cash and using the club as a plaything.

R-I-P Newcastle.

Another working man's football club with values, sold to corporate greed on the off chance of a bit of success.

I'd rather be in the lower leagues than have Arab owners who know nothing about football chucking obscene amounts of dirty cash and using the club as a plaything.

R-I-P Newcastle.
I get your point, but are American owners any different?
Or Mike Alshey, took the soul out of that club?

R-I-P Newcastle.

Apparently all you need to do is attend Gay Pride once a year and balance is restored, mate. :llorishuh:

I get your point, but are American owners any different?
Or Mike Alshey, took the soul out of that club?

Not much better but Americans have a bit of interest in Socca and at least understand the rules.. These oil barons have no other interest than using it as the next toy in their quest to rule the world.
The way these people make their money is disgusting.

Blood, torture and oppression on one's hands = "different"
Point taken, but the only thing that matters officially is Section F of the Premier League Handbook ... the Owners and Directors Test.
Unless there is an issue you can link to that there is no basis for blocking the deal.
The only argument that has a chance as far as I can see is the thing Bein Sports are trying, because "Dishonestly receiving a programme broadcast from within the UK with intent to avoid payment" is a listed reason for barring an owner.

Point taken, but the only thing that matters officially is Section F of the Premier League Handbook ... the Owners and Directors Test.
Unless there is an issue you can link to that there is no basis for blocking the deal.
The only argument that has a chance as far as I can see is the thing Bein Sports are trying, because "Dishonestly receiving a programme broadcast from within the UK with intent to avoid payment" is a listed reason for barring an owner.
Anyone that takes money out of Richard Keys’ pocket is fine by me.

That's their end of things..... Nothing more.

Every fan (should) have & stand by their own principals.

"There's nothing [the fans] can do" is a cop out.

Yeah, agree on that.
But can fans do anything? You just support your club, they won't stop, neither would anyone if rheir xlub is bought by Arabic owners.

That's not true..... How ever few, both Chavs & City had fans that walked away.

The CHOICE is there.

Back
Top Bottom