Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What cult of Geordie-ism? What club doesn't want to celebrate 'one of their own' doing well?

Benitez arrested a decline, returning us to the Premier League immediately, overhauling the squad to better prepare us for that challenge, re-connecting the squad with the fanbase, showed he had ambition beyond the owner's and much much more. Comfortably safe in our first season back (10th, so quite some distance from the relegation zone) with one of the best defences in the division. Got the team playing pragmatically, but efficiently and once he added Almiron, we played with much more attacking verve.

That Bruce has managed to get as many points as he has is bizarre, as when you look at the performance metrics, Newcastle are bottom three in the overwhelming majority. We've played some terrible football, not just negative, but bad. He's a yes man, and not a very good manager at this level.

Rafa didnt arrest a decline, he got you promoted that's all. Although he was brought in late; he didnt manage to keep you up did he? You lot got drunk on name-value that's all.

Bruce has been promoted from the champo plenty of times. If rafa is so superior at this level why was that not manifested in the table or in terms of style of football?

I know Newcastle fans personally; the sense of entitlement up your way is through the roof....

"It means more to us" and all that pompous shite.

Dippers without the trophy cabinet to back it up, fella.

Rafa didnt arrest a decline, he got you promoted that's all. Although he was brought in late; he didnt manage to keep you up did he? You lot got drunk on name-value that's all.
That's not all he did, I've explained what he did, but you've chosen to ignore it because you're after some tribalistic sparring, which is boring as fuck.

Bruce has been promoted from the champo plenty of times. If rafa is so superior at this level why was that not manifested in the table or in terms of style of football?
Bruce also has one of the worst records in the Premier League. Again, I've explained how the football was better under Benitez, but again, rather than address that, you've ignored it.

I know Newcastle fans personally; the sense of entitlement up your way is through the roof....
Then you know some entitled Newcastle fans. I know a few Spurs fans. Some are arseholes, some are decent lads. I know better than to think that the minority I know are reflections of the fanbase as a whole.

"It means more to us" and all that pompous shite.

Dippers without the trophy cabinet to back it up, fella.
If you get upset by fans of different teams thinking that their team is special, you must get upset a lot. Tell me, does the "we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" chant rile you up as well?

You're not conflicted.... Don't make me laugh.

Contradictory as fuck as a fanbase, but meh.....

Again you willfull miss the point.... Which is how bad did you ever truly have it under Ashley?

Not as bad as your neighbours it seems, but the rest of the footy world has had to endure your 13 year 'Evil Mike' meme....

....Now you're lingeringing here with a thirst for understanding? ...Hoping that oppo fans will pat you on the back and say 'that's ok; no-one minds that you're soon to be doped up by a bunch of oppressive sports washing murderers (even though I bet like most fans you've been sat with justified distain for City & Chelsea over the last 15 years).

Check yourself.
We are conflicted. We want change, but we're getting into bed with some awful people.

How bad? Well, context is king. We've gone from Rotterdam to Rotherham under Ashley. We've been lied to, embarrassed, relegated (twice), ignored. Seen our legends treated badly, cancer patients treated abominably, respected managers treated with disdain. Is it as bad as Bury? No, of course not, but everybody's battles are their own.

To be fair, the mackems owner pumped a quarter of a billion of his own money into that club, spent a fortune on players, got rid of managers whenever the fans turned on them, then left them debt free. He's paid for the mistakes he's made, while Ashley is going to get paid despite the mistakes/bad decisions he's made.

Not hoping for anything, just seeing what other clubs think of the takeover and calmly explaining that, on the whole, the fanbase is conflicted about the potential new owners.

That's not all he did, I've explained what he did, but you've chosen to ignore it because you're after some tribalistic sparring, which is boring as fuck.

Bruce also has one of the worst records in the Premier League. Again, I've explained how the football was better under Benitez, but again, rather than address that, you've ignored it.

Rubbish. You haven't explained anything. You said:

a) That rafa helped get rid of some players.... How does that equate to arresting a slide? Are you honestly saying you feared that you'd slide to the bottom of the champo or worse if you didn't sell the likes of Sissoko & Wijnaldum and a few fringe players?

b) You said "look at the performance metrics" (a comment entirely lacking quantification) and "we played shit football under Bruce"... You played shit under Rafa too. Ergo, I shrug my shoulders.

Then you know some entitled Newcastle fans. I know a few Spurs fans. Some are arseholes, some are decent lads. I know better than to think that the minority I know are reflections of the fanbase as a whole.

Collectively you've been peddling a 13 year sob story. Boo hoo!

(Those I know simply align with this and re-affirm the assertion)

If you get upset by fans of different teams thinking that their team is special, you must get upset a lot. Tell me, does the "we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen" chant rile you up as well?

What on earth are you talking about?

Of course we all think our teams are special..... Again, willfull mis-understanding and/or mis-representation on your part.

I'll just close by repeating:

".....you're lingering here with a thirst [to be understood]... Hoping that oppo fans will pat you on the back and say 'that's ok; no-one minds that you're soon to be doped up by a bunch of oppressive sports washing murderers (even though I bet like most fans you've been sat with justified distain for City & Chelsea over the last 15 years)."

Sorry, you won't get that from me.

We are conflicted. We want change, but we're getting into bed with some awful people.

How bad? Well, context is king. We've gone from Rotterdam to Rotherham under Ashley. We've been lied to, embarrassed, relegated (twice), ignored. Seen our legends treated badly, cancer patients treated abominably, respected managers treated with disdain. Is it as bad as Bury? No, of course not, but everybody's battles are their own.

To be fair, the mackems owner pumped a quarter of a billion of his own money into that club, spent a fortune on players, got rid of managers whenever the fans turned on them, then left them debt free. He's paid for the mistakes he's made, while Ashley is going to get paid despite the mistakes/bad decisions he's made.

Not hoping for anything, just seeing what other clubs think of the takeover and calmly explaining that, on the whole, the fanbase is conflicted about the potential new owners.

There, there.... A few hundred million spent in the trf market and your confliction will soon fade... Just like it did when you thought you'd turned a corner under Pardew.

p.s. As far as I understand Ashley doesn't stand to leave you in debt either.

p.p.s. You've hounded a few managers out yourself during the Ashely era... What's the difference?

Look, I get that you want the old guy out; it happens.... The point is that you're seeking validation over the new owners and turned this into a sob story in seeking it.

If you had any substantial principals you'd concur that the new lot are a bigger stain than the last guy and spare us the rest.

Rubbish. You haven't explained anything. You said:

a) That rafa helped get rid of some players.... How does that equate to arresting a slide? Are you honestly saying you feared that you'd slide to the bottom of the champo or worse if you didn't sell the likes of Sissoko & Wijnaldum and a few fringe players?
That's not what I said. I said he overhauled the squad, as part of arresting a slide. Had we employed someone else we could have spent longer in the Championship, he returned us to the top flight with minimal fuss, and as Champions no less. The longer we spend in the Championship, the harder it is to return. Could we have tumbled down the leagues? Sure, why not, it's happened to Leeds, Sunderland, Wolves.

b) You said "look at the performance metrics" (a comment entirely lacking quantification) and "we played shit football under Bruce"... You played shit under Rafa too. Ergo, I shrug my shoulders.
Negative football does not equal shit football. I can root out the performance metrics that reveal just how bad the football under Bruce has been if you really want me to?

Collectively
you've been peddling a 13 year sob story. Boo hoo!

(Those I know simply align with this and re-affirm the assertion)

What on earth are you talking about?

Of course we all think our teams are special..... Again, willfull mis-understanding and/or mis-representation on your part.
You insisted Newcastle fans are entitled, "It matters more to us", etc. If you don't see the link then there's no helping you I'm afraid.

I'll just close by repeating:

".....you're lingering here with a thirst [to be understood]... Hoping that oppo fans will pat you on the back and say 'that's ok; no-one minds that you're soon to be doped up by a bunch of oppressive sports washing murderers (even though I bet like most fans you've been sat with justified distain for City & Chelsea over the last 15 years)."

Sorry, you won't get that from me.
I am shocked that someone who is unable to be objective is sticking to an entrenched opinion. Shocked.

There, there.... A few hundred million spent in the trf market and your confliction will soon fade... Just like it did when you thought you'd turned a corner under Pardew.

p.s. As far as I understand Ashley doesn't stand to leave you in debt either.

p.p.s. You've hounded a few managers out yourself during the Ashely era... What's the difference?

Look, I get that you want the old guy out; it happens.... The point is that you're seeking validation over the new owners and turned this into a sob story in seeking it.

If you had any substantial principals you'd concur that the new lot are a bigger stain than the last guy and spare us the rest.
The Club owes over £100m to Mike Ashley. He is not leaving us debt free, the new owners are buying that debt off him, what they do with it, is up to them.

Who've we hounded out? We wanted Pardew gone, of course we did, but he was going nowhere until Palace bizarrely paid to break his 8yr contract. McClaren? No real protests or concerted effort from the fans to get rid of him. Kinnear, ditto. Hughton? certainly not.

I'm not seeking validation for the potential new owners, they're atrocious, I've said that plenty of times on here. I've not defended them at all.

I'd love a local billionaire who could propel Newcastle into the top half of the table. If you know of a Geordie with staggering personal wealth, could you send him our way?

Look, we were here before Hall, before Ashley and we'll be here after the Saudis get bored/jailed/overthrown. We'll still go to the same pub, drink the same pint, buy the same Greggs sausage rolls, sit in the same seat, sing the same songs, cheer the goals and barrack the same mistakes. The club is the fans, and those of us who remember when it was really bad (Smith/Ardilles) won't take any sudden 'success' for granted, just like the hardcore Man City fans I know still expect to wake from this. Still expect the 'real' Man City to turn up and ruin this adventure. Sure there'll be new fans appearing from the ether, but the 40yr olds who've ridden the Newcastle Rollercoaster kind of deserve a little hope after 13 yrs of shit, don't they?

Defend it, justify it all you like.. It's still wrong on every level.
Understand how many lives have been ruined by these murdering shitehawks and then think if it's ok to win the odd league cup?

Defend it, justify it all you like.. It's still wrong on every level.
Understand how many lives have been ruined by these murdering shitehawks and then think if it's ok to win the odd league cup?
I'm not defending them at all. People like this shouldn't own football clubs, but that's up tot he PL, the FA, and the Government to sort out. We're bystanders in this. We can no more stop this sale as we could force Ashley to sell to Peter Kenyon, or the BZG group, or the Orleggis.

As I've said before, Newcastle fans should educate themselves on the Saudi regime, they should champion LGBTQ+, Women etc.

You'll definitely get knackers on twitter with Saudi flags, on talkSport trying to whatabout their way out of the discussion, but there was a digital "town Hall" meeting last night. Local MP, some journalists, and loads of ordinary fans. The consensus was that while the club will undoubtedly benefit, and by extension the region, the crimes of the owners shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

I'd argue your distaste should be directed at those with power to affect real change. The Premier League, the FA, the Government, all of them could, at any point, have said no (The PL may still say no, but it'll be the broadcast deal, not the morality issues). They allowed Abramovic to cleanse him image, the UAE to do similar with Man City, and they look like they're going to allow Saudi Arabia to do it with Newcastle. It's wrong , but it's not really Billy the Bricky from Byker's remit to stop it happening.

I'm not defending them at all. People like this shouldn't own football clubs, but that's up tot he PL, the FA, and the Government to sort out. We're bystanders in this. We can no more stop this sale as we could force Ashley to sell to Peter Kenyon, or the BZG group, or the Orleggis.

As I've said before, Newcastle fans should educate themselves on the Saudi regime, they should champion LGBTQ+, Women etc.

You'll definitely get knackers on twitter with Saudi flags, on talkSport trying to whatabout their way out of the discussion, but there was a digital "town Hall" meeting last night. Local MP, some journalists, and loads of ordinary fans. The consensus was that while the club will undoubtedly benefit, and by extension the region, the crimes of the owners shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

I'd argue your distaste should be directed at those with power to affect real change. The Premier League, the FA, the Government, all of them could, at any point, have said no (The PL may still say no, but it'll be the broadcast deal, not the morality issues). They allowed Abramovic to cleanse him image, the UAE to do similar with Man City, and they look like they're going to allow Saudi Arabia to do it with Newcastle. It's wrong , but it's not really Billy the Bricky from Byker's remit to stop it happening.

My distaste is aimed at everything to do with the club.. Not one person should be allowing this to happen..
In the 'proper' days, there would have been protests from the fans, but traditions and morals have gone.

How will the club benefit? you'll be owned by vile murdering scum, if that's a benefit, I have no idea what a negative is.

That's not what I said. I said he overhauled the squad, as part of arresting a slide. Had we employed someone else we could have spent longer in the Championship, he returned us to the top flight with minimal fuss, and as Champions no less. The longer we spend in the Championship, the harder it is to return. Could we have tumbled down the leagues? Sure, why not, it's happened to Leeds, Sunderland, Wolves.

Negative football does not equal shit football. I can root out the performance metrics that reveal just how bad the football under Bruce has been if you really want me to?

You insisted Newcastle fans are entitled, "It matters more to us", etc. If you don't see the link then there's no helping you I'm afraid.

I am shocked that someone who is unable to be objective is sticking to an entrenched opinion. Shocked.

Not able to be objective? More cobblers from someone that (to be polite) is being the very definition of selective....

BURN: Ashley
YAY: Treacherous Arab takeover

You're falling way short on all this Rafa stuff but whatever; when it comes down to it I have no dog in that fight.

Still, you stick to this 'a little LBGT awareness will make everything sweet' trip you're on..... I've no doubt you'll be sleeping like a baby.

Last edited:
It might not be many more than 2 to be honest. In a big survey of Newcastle fans 96.7 per cent are in favour of the Saudi bid ... that's North Korea levels of support.

Newcastle United takeover: Fans vow to raise Saudi issues despite support for deal

IIRC I was alluding to City fans but interesting link all the same.

"Newcastle United fans say they will raise issues about Saudi Arabia's human rights abuses even if they support the prospective takeover of the club."

Evil Mike won't listen but the Murderous Arab state will.

Laughable.

"Gateshead MP Ian Mearns added: "I can see an awful lot potentially going wrong with this takeover, but it's time we got rid of an owner who views paying fans as an asset to be sweated or milked."

:mourfacepalm:

"We have no choice about the takeover, but we do have a choice in how we react to it and I'm heartened by today's discussion."

Gonna be busy at gay pride this year. :freundgoal:

Last edited:
I hate this bunch of cunts a bit like Liverpool. Deluded wankers who think they have some kind of mystical romantic entitlement to glory. But they’re total gash. Newcastle is the most overrated city in Britain too. I’ve got quite a few friends from up that way. It’s a great night out of you‘ve never been anywhere else. Stinks of deprivation and desperation. They all wear so much makeup you don’t know if you’re talking to a 18 year old or a 64 year old. All incoherent babbling baboons anyway. Have I made my point? I hate the fuckers.

I'd love a local billionaire who could propel Newcastle into the top half of the table. If you know of a Geordie with staggering personal wealth, could you send him our way?

Look, we were here before Hall, before Ashley and we'll be here after the Saudis get bored/jailed/overthrown. We'll still go to the same pub, drink the same pint, buy the same Greggs sausage rolls, sit in the same seat, sing the same songs, cheer the goals and barrack the same mistakes. The club is the fans, and those of us who remember when it was really bad (Smith/Ardilles) won't take any sudden 'success' for granted, just like the hardcore Man City fans I know still expect to wake from this. Still expect the 'real' Man City to turn up and ruin this adventure. Sure there'll be new fans appearing from the ether, but the 40yr olds who've ridden the Newcastle Rollercoaster kind of deserve a little hope after 13 yrs of shit, don't they?
Also the area around city's ground is so much better. They have rejuvenated the whole area. The city fans I know aren't that bothered about this seasons failings as they remember being in the 2nd division not really that long ago. They are over the moon at what they have achieved over the last few years. I get the argument you should stop supporting your team if they have immoral owners. But some people are loyal & will support their club no matter what until their dying day. Those people couldn't stop supporting the club they love even if they wanted.

I hate this bunch of cunts a bit like Liverpool. Deluded wankers who think they have some kind of mystical romantic entitlement to glory. But they’re total gash. Newcastle is the most overrated city in Britain too. I’ve got quite a few friends from up that way. It’s a great night out of you‘ve never been anywhere else. Stinks of deprivation and desperation. They all wear so much makeup you don’t know if you’re talking to a 18 year old or a 64 year old. All incoherent babbling baboons anyway. Have I made my point? I hate the fuckers.
Yep. Spot on.

And my ex wife is a Geordie and she’s an arsehole, so we can add that on too.

Bastards.

Back
Top Bottom