Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sky Sports really are going to be part of the sports washing aren't they. No shame at all.

They have put all their eggs in the PL basket (and even have a deal with UEFA I think). They are never going to call out anything happening in the PL unless it threatens the PL.

Which is why they went blitzkrieg against the super league but not against this.

They have put all their eggs in the PL basket (and even have a deal with UEFA I think). They are never going to call out anything happening in the PL unless it threatens the PL.

Which is why they went blitzkrieg against the super league but not against this.

I watch all their games involving us on mute now. They are always derogatory about us and Tyler is an utter bellend that needs sacking. Apparently he was at it again yesterday.

If the other clubs are so concerned there is a simple solution. Don't trade with them. Don't sell or loan players to them. Newcastle have a championship squad at best if the can't get their hands on seasoned Premiership players they'll be relegated. If the can only get players from Europe it will be tricky for them.

Fuck em boycott them.

Levy will be up in arms now but when they offer good money for Winks and Dele he will take it in a heart beat.

The only thing all owners care about is money. You don't become a billionaire without only caring about money.

All of the owners are extremely unethical in one way or another (of course to different levels), however you just don't become that rich without fucking people over.

I watch all their games involving us on mute now. They are always derogatory about us and Tyler is an utter bellend that needs sacking. Apparently he was at it again yesterday.

I have not watched a single game this season that did not involve us. I never watch Sky and only watch BT for our European games. Even then I turn it on 1 minute after the scheduled kick off, do something else at H-T and turn it off on the whistle.

I heard that she borrowed her entire £30m stake from Ashley for the deal to go through - from someone who had spoke to Ashley directly
I can only guess but I would assume that if events follow most other takeovers (even those that have been successful eg Man City) there's usually a fall guy/clusterfuck involved with one or some of the initial investors. A few public embarrassments and punch-up's then one or more of them stepping down and greater control being exerted by the majority shareholder.

From what I've been reading Shelvey, her husband and now Jamie Reuben (son of one of the Reuben brothers who was once involved with QPR!!) are nicely poised to be the ducks to be shot down.

I have not watched a single game this season that did not involve us. I never watch Sky and only watch BT for our European games. Even then I turn it on 1 minute after the scheduled kick off, do something else at H-T and turn it off on the whistle.
Foreign streams are the best, whilst not knowing what the fuck they are saying most commentators have more energy about them than our own English versions, they celebrate goals enthusiastically, don't spend the entire match spouting endless meaningless stats and don't have a co-commentator that's on the payroll of the oppo Club sitting next to them and it means there's also some crowd noise to be heard which adds to the entertainment. (and I think because it's a non-English coms it also means they aren't accessed by large English speaking audiences causing for laggy streams that the servers can't cope with the volumes of people watching).

Levy will be up in arms now but when they offer good money for Winks and Dele he will take it in a heart beat.

The only thing all owners care about is money. You don't become a billionaire without only caring about money.

All of the owners are extremely unethical in one way or another (of course to different levels), however you just don't become that rich without fucking people over.
I fear you might be right. But selling to NUFC would be lethal. Look what Woolwich selling to man city did. They supplanted them.

I can only guess but I would assume that if events follow most other takeovers (even those that have been successful eg Man City) there's usually a fall guy/clusterfuck involved with one or some of the initial investors. A few public embarrassments and punch-up's then one or more of them stepping down and greater control being exerted by the majority shareholder.

From what I've been reading Shelvey, her husband and now Jamie Reuben (son of one of the Reuben brothers who was once involved with QPR!!) are nicely poised to be the ducks to be shot down.

I reckon Ashley just has a carry in the deal, and will probably refuse to sell until the Saudi's have vastly increased its value for him.

I reckon Ashley just has a carry in the deal, and will probably refuse to sell until the Saudi's have vastly increased its value for him.
For me, one of the biggest head scratchers is the supposed purchase value of £300m, which seems very low for a club whose annual revenues are in the region of £200m!! I don't really get the process of valuing a football club, but a back of a fag packet calculation for any business is usually a x3 multiple of revenue for starters. For a full season with fans they average the 8th highest revenue in the PL only behind Everton and the rest of the "big 6" !!! They are one of the most profitable clubs in the PL too.

For me, one of the biggest head scratchers is the supposed purchase value of £300m, which seems very low for a club whose annual revenues are in the region of £200m!! I don't really get the process of valuing a football club, but a back of a fag packet calculation for any business is usually a x3 multiple of revenue for starters. For a full season with fans they average the 8th highest revenue in the PL only behind Everton and the rest of the "big 6" !!! They are one of the most profitable clubs in the PL too.
Maybe it is all their infrastructure being in the dumps? They get to buy the club for cheap but then have to invest heavily in things like the stadium, academy, training ground etc?

Maybe it is all their infrastructure being in the dumps? They get to buy the club for cheap but then have to invest heavily in things like the stadium, academy, training ground etc?
My gut says this shouldn't be an issue, they own these things as assets which regardless of what investment they may require to bring up to standard as a piece of raw real estate there's a book value that will underpin any valuation and that's worth it's weight in gold alone. I'm sure as the practice of negotiation by any potential buyer the investment angle can be used as a negotiation tool (I would) but for a reverse of this in operation just look further down the leagues when dubious owners have bought Football Clubs for the property value only (Coventry, Millwall, Wimbledon, Blackpool, Dulwich Hamlet to name but a few). Newcastle Stadium is absolutely prime real estate location, dominating the City skyline.

The story has always that MA would sell to anyone that would stump up what he'd put in over the years (even before this mob first came to the fore)......

That said, wouldn't suprise me if there's something more shadowy going on like Blanchflower Blanchflower suggests....

The story has always that MA would sell to anyone that would stump up what he'd put in over the years (even before this mob first came to the fore)......

That said, wouldn't suprise me if there's something more shadowy going on like Blanchflower Blanchflower suggests....
I just can't buy that. If you purchased a Ferarri 250 GTO in '77 for $70k you wouldn't sell it for $70k + what you spent on it (service and repairs) ignoring the market value is $80m today!!

I just can't buy that. If you purchased a Ferarri 250 GTO in '77 for $70k you wouldn't sell it for $70k + what you spent on it (service and repairs) ignoring the market value is $80m today!!

I get your theory, but presumably he's profited elsewhere from them along the way and the vibe was always that he'd had enough of them as much as they'd had enough of him.

The wealth of the new lot is a red-herring in this pondering.... It's not like previous prospective buyers were queuing up with 400, 500, 600m bids......

I get your theory, but presumably he's profited elsewhere from them along the way and the vibe was always that he'd had enough of them as much as they'd had enough of him.

The wealth of the new lot is a red-herring in this pondering.... It's not like previous prospective buyers were queuing up with 400, 500, 600m bids......
I think (can't be bothered to search for factual reference so forgive the assumption) he hasn't personally taken anything out of the Club since he bought it, not a salary and this is the guess bit not a dividend(???). He used the ground as a billboard for Sports direct but did this involve a fee, even if it did it's one entity he owns charging another he owns. But basically, the value of all PL Clubs has steadily increased over the past 15yrs without owners having to do anything other than ensure they remain in the division to ensure they remain on the upward growth curve.

But yeah, it is odd why the wasn't a cue to buy them, maybe this was because all the ego owners have already taken the plunge, or as soon as potential other buyers here that the Saudi's are in they know it's a bidding war they will not win???

There just seem to be a few skeletons lurking. Mind you I think that's the case with Everton's ownership, loads of strange dealing going on with Philip Green and Moshiri which for now has all gone silent. Odd.

Seem to remember Ashley did an interview setting the price saying he wasn't trying to profit from the club etc, and that he would sell if he was able to recoup his initial investment plus the money he'd put in along the way.

I think (can't be bothered to search for factual reference so forgive the assumption) he hasn't personally taken anything out of the Club since he bought it, not a salary and this is the guess bit not a dividend(???). He used the ground as a billboard for Sports direct but did this involve a fee, even if it did it's one entity he owns charging another he owns. But basically, the value of all PL Clubs has steadily increased over the past 15yrs without owners having to do anything other than ensure they remain in the division to ensure they remain on the upward growth curve.

Well if he's not spent it on players (see fan complaints) and neglected all the infrastructure, then where's all the TV money gone?

Simplistic, but that's the basis for my assumption to the contrary.

As for the SD stuff: You're right. That's just a bunch of free, high profile advertising.

But yeah, it is odd why the wasn't a cue to buy them, maybe this was because all the ego owners have already taken the plunge, or as soon as potential other buyers here that the Saudi's are in they know it's a bidding war they will not win???

There just seem to be a few skeletons lurking. Mind you I think that's the case with Everton's ownership, loads of strange dealing going on with Philip Green and Moshiri which for now has all gone silent. Odd.

He was gearing up to sell before they got relegated last time.... It's been on the cards for years now; long before the Saudi interest.

Back
Top Bottom