Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I must confess.

I feel sorry for Newcastle.
Get a grip

GIF by Sub Pop Records

These measures were voted in 18-2 only man city and Newcastle apposed them.. I think there is a determination to prevent th buying the way out. All the clubs should refuse to trade players with them. That will relegate them.
I would love that to be the case but it won't matter. They will just tap up top players on short contracts and sign them for massive fees.

Beyond most Prem teams going on strike I can't see it making a difference.

I would love that to be the case but it won't matter. They will just tap up top players on short contracts and sign them for massive fees.

Beyond most Prem teams going on strike I can't see it making a difference.
If no prem team trade players with Newcastle they will go down. Bringing in European players in Jan is a huge risk

That won't happen in January most contracts run out in May. If they can't get players the present squad will be relegated. That could put them 3 years behind schedule.

If they get relegated I wouldn’t be surprised if the new owners tried to sell them straight away. Do they really have the patience to wait a further couple of years. Besides, sports washing is a lot harder in the championship.

It’s only for a month though. I wonder why so short a period and not gone for a total ban?
It's supposed to be enough time to discuss a permanent rule change (arbitory time frame I guess but at least perhaps shows nature of intent or urgency is there - 18-2 in favor with Newcastle and City the two who objected).

But I don't see how the PL can sort this out seeing as they have just approved the Newcastle take over by sanctioning, laughably, that they believe PIF is separate from the Saudi state!!

A similar dispute happened under FFP regs at PSG when UEFA investigated PSG's claims that their Qatar Tourism Authority sponsorship deal was worth $5m and not the $100m PSG were contracted on. So rules can still exist but it's how they are applied and enforced is a completely different thing.

And to rub salt into the wounds all they will do is what City are doing with the PL right now (let's not forget that the PL have charged them over 3yrs ago and they are still yet to even go to court as City have just tied the process up in legal knots - they've only just agreed who can be present during the hearings!!! City have won the PL twice in this time!!!

This legislation already exists under UEFA FFP - both in terms of related and inflated sponsorship - and City and PSG have both had hefty fines and sanctions for sponsorship related issues I believe.
Citeh did, despite what their fans spout. They got off deliberately lying as the claim was out of time but CAS did comment on it.
I though PSG got their shit together in time.
Wolves and Leicester received fines for breaching FFP in the FL. Leicester's books at the moment are absolutely appalling so that is one to look out for, wages especially, although in terms of general finances their owner services their debts.

Last edited:
This legislation already exists under UEFA FFP - both in terms of related and inflated sponsorship - and City and PSG have both had hefty fines and sanctions for sponsorship related issues I believe.
Yep, see my responce below.

There are also other deals in place like currently at Newcastle with Sports Direct, City with their host of companies and it was the emails between City and the MD's of theose sponsors that the German newspaper leaked that kicked off the whole City FIFA legal action (for which they didn't deny a thing, just their defence was they were obtained illegally and just as they are doing with the PL now tied it up on the legal system for ages that it went past a deadline and meant it got kicked out by the court of arbitration as it went passed date 'x'!!!!

Citeh did, despite what their fans spout. They got off deliberately lying as the claim was out of time but CAS did comment on it.
I though PSG got their shit together in time.
Wolves and Leicester received fines for breaching FFP in the FL. Leicesters' books at the moment are absolutely appalling so that is one to look out for, wages especially, although in terms of general finances their owner services their debts.
The ridiculous thing about Leicester is that if they are untouchable whilst in the PL!! If they go down then they can get sued!! It actually acts as an incentive for any team to do something illegal in order to gain promotion in the hope to stay there!!

Yep, see my responce below.

There are also other deals in place like currently at Newcastle with Sports Direct, City with their host of companies and it was the emails between City and the MD's of theose sponsors that the German newspaper leaked that kicked off the whole City FIFA legal action (for which they didn't deny a thing, just their defence was they were obtained illegally and just as they are doing with the PL now tied it up on the legal system for ages that it went past a deadline and meant it got kicked out by the court of arbitration as it went passed date 'x'!!!!

Cards on the table Guido, I don't much like the part of FFP that aimed to control the amount that owners could put into to football clubs. My issue is that it wasn't really introduced to make things "fair", it was introduced at the behest of the G14 (old money clubs) who blackmailed UEFA with the threat of a breakaway league into introducing it, so they could maintain their control of the game's revenues.

I was fucking board of the same handful of old money uber clubs dominating their domestic leagues and football's gravy train.

You either make football genuinely fair, and adopt strict controls that level the playing field in a sporting way, the way some American Sports attempts to, or you allow new money in to shake things up. Everyone holds the German league as the shining beacon of ownership model, but in terms of competition it's become the most boring major league in Europe.

As long as you don't allow owners to saddle their clubs with debt or loans (like ManU), I have no moral issue with allowing owners to invest in their clubs. I have no problem with the original intention of FFP, which is to hold clubs/football in general accountable and force good fiscal and accounting practices.

"Fit and Proper" is a whole other issue, however. And that's another can of worms.

Any tinge of feeling sorry for Newcastle supporters dissipated pretty quickly with me once I saw them wearing sheikhs headdresses and costumes. It’s completely fucking astounding to me. Now I just hope they get relegated, fire Bruce and can’t find a suitable manager and basically anything else to cause them issues along the way to financial doping and the inevitable silverware.

Any tinge of feeling sorry for Newcastle supporters dissipated pretty quickly with me once I saw them wearing sheikhs headdresses and costumes. It’s completely fucking astounding to me. Now I just hope they get relegated, fire Bruce and can’t find a suitable manager and basically anything else to cause them issues along the way to financial doping and the inevitable silverware.

#ShearerIn.

Let the cunt have TWO relegations in his name.

Back
Top Bottom