Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any tinge of feeling sorry for Newcastle supporters dissipated pretty quickly with me once I saw them wearing sheikhs headdresses and costumes. It’s completely fucking astounding to me. Now I just hope they get relegated, fire Bruce and can’t find a suitable manager and basically anything else to cause them issues along the way to financial doping and the inevitable silverware.
It’s a lesson in human psychology and group dynamics, unfortunately.

toon.png

🤔
Facking typical. Another continental twat with a fancy name that doesn't understand England and keeps top, top, top, top tier coaches like Frank Lampard and John Terry out of work.

Disgusted!

Any tinge of feeling sorry for Newcastle supporters dissipated pretty quickly with me once I saw them wearing sheikhs headdresses and costumes. It’s completely fucking astounding to me. Now I just hope they get relegated, fire Bruce and can’t find a suitable manager and basically anything else to cause them issues along the way to financial doping and the inevitable silverware.
If you think it would be any different at Spurs then you're having a laugh.

Sad but true. I don't think it would take me long searching on this forum to find someone begging for us to be bought by the Saudis after the deal initially collapsed a while back.

Sad but true. I don't think it would take me long searching on this forum to find someone begging for us to be bought by the Saudis after the deal initially collapsed a while back.
I’m a hypocrite and would give Spurs supporters a pass!

In all honesty though, it’s a murderous regime with an abhorrent human rights record. I know plenty of guys here would be thrilled with Bezos or Zuckerberg (or other big money guys) buying Spurs. The thing is, while they have their warts and it wouldn’t be good for football, the House of Saud is a whole other level. Just my opinion though.

I'd like to think it might be - having spoken to several of the SCS they would soon take 'corrective' action against any Spurs fan near them who turned up in fancy dress ...

There is a very different vibe in places like Newcastle, where many still think it's the 1980's, than there is in London.

Sure a few would try it but I'd like to think, just as any racism gets immediately slapped down, so would any sheet wearing shenanigans should some despotic regime ever buy us out - which is one of the reasons why I doubt it will ever happen.

I’m a hypocrite and would give Spurs supporters a pass!

In all honesty though, it’s a murderous regime with an abhorrent human rights record. I know plenty of guys here would be thrilled with Bezos or Zuckerberg (or other big money guys) buying Spurs. The thing is, while they have their warts and it wouldn’t be good for football, the House of Saud is a whole other level. Just my opinion though.
Totally fair and correct opinion though

It's supposed to be enough time to discuss a permanent rule change (arbitory time frame I guess but at least perhaps shows nature of intent or urgency is there - 18-2 in favor with Newcastle and City the two who objected).

But I don't see how the PL can sort this out seeing as they have just approved the Newcastle take over by sanctioning, laughably, that they believe PIF is separate from the Saudi state!!

A similar dispute happened under FFP regs at PSG when UEFA investigated PSG's claims that their Qatar Tourism Authority sponsorship deal was worth $5m and not the $100m PSG were contracted on. So rules can still exist but it's how they are applied and enforced is a completely different thing.

And to rub salt into the wounds all they will do is what City are doing with the PL right now (let's not forget that the PL have charged them over 3yrs ago and they are still yet to even go to court as City have just tied the process up in legal knots - they've only just agreed who can be present during the hearings!!! City have won the PL twice in this time!!!

I had your last paragraph in mind when I saw the article. The PL don’t want to have to go through that again with Newcastle. If anything the FFP arguments they are bogged down in with Man City might make them more on board with pushing through these plans than not.

In regards to the takeover I think the PL were only concerned with the TV piracy issues because it seemed like once that was sorted the takeover happened.

But they have come out and said there’s rules where the Saudis can’t be involved. It smells like horse shit but what if that is part of this ending state sponsorship scenario?

Regardless, it’s best for everyone if it goes through. It’s just cheating and should never have been allowed in the first place. Let’s hope it happens.

LOL.

Won't last long, and won't change anything ultimately, but anything that puts Geordie noses out of joint is fine with me.

I'd like to think it might be - having spoken to several of the SCS they would soon take 'corrective' action against any Spurs fan near them who turned up in fancy dress ...

There is a very different vibe in places like Newcastle, where many still think it's the 1980's, than there is in London.

Sure a few would try it but I'd like to think, just as any racism gets immediately slapped down, so would any sheet wearing shenanigans should some despotic regime ever buy us out - which is one of the reasons why I doubt it will ever happen.

I agree. I don’t think the majority of Spurs fans would put up with it and they’d be a lot of fights if people were waving flags or such like. We aren’t Newcastle or even Woolwich fans. My goodness, could you imagine how cringing it would be if it were that lot. They’d be even worse than the geordies.

I think Irving Scholar's yuppie boy bending of the rule deals in the late 80s and early 90s got more mainstream media scrutiny than this murderous vile mob.

BBC 1 Panaroma and Channel 4 documentaries I recall, in an era when football was well and truly out of fashion. Followed a couple of years later by exposing El Tel's illegal dealings.

Won't be holding my breath for a mainstream expose on this mob any time soon.

:pochrolleyes:

I think Irving Scholar's yuppie boy bending of the rule deals in the late 80s and early 90s got more mainstream media scrutiny than this murderous vile mob.

BBC 1 Panaroma and Channel 4 documentaries I recall, in an era when football was well and truly out of fashion. Followed a couple of years later by exposing El Tel's illegal dealings.

Won't be holding my breath for a mainstream expose on this mob any time soon.

:pochrolleyes:
I think, thankfully you may be wrong. I think this is a purchase too far and there will be a fightback It's already plain that supporters of other clubs are apposed and Newcastle are going to recive a lot unfortunate/ embarrassing exposure on their travels. it's clear that the other clubs want to put some restraints to prevent the Saudi money cannon being sprayed onto a inflationary dog fight. I think some in the media will be empowered to investigate and expose even more. I have a hunch, maybe more of a hope, that the Saudis will regret this transaction.

I think, thankfully you may be wrong. I think this is a purchase too far and there will be a fightback It's already plain that supporters of other clubs are apposed and Newcastle are going to recive a lot unfortunate/ embarrassing exposure on their travels. it's clear that the other clubs want to put some restraints to prevent the Saudi money cannon being sprayed onto a inflationary dog fight. I think some in the media will be empowered to investigate and expose even more. I have a hunch, maybe more of a hope, that the Saudis will regret this transaction.
I hope so but this seems to be in the sporting world at the moment, my point was back in the late 80s and 90s the non sporting media were all over us for accounting misdemeanours.

My fear is we would only see mainstream media documentaries on this mob if they could link it to a dodgy tory arms deal with the whole Newcastle thing being a sideshow.

I hope so but this seems to be in the sporting world at the moment, my point was back in the late 80s and 90s the non sporting media were all over us for accounting misdemeanours.

My fear is we would only see mainstream media documentaries on this mob if they could link it to a dodgy tory arms deal with the whole Newcastle thing being a sideshow.
The play crystal Palace Saturday if I was a local gay rights organisation I would be handing out free rainbow flags to the Palace fans. Shame the fuckers.

You gotta wonder what sort of limiter that could be put in place. A salary cap? A spending cap? A luxury tax?

Like, the luxury tax would be the one that I could see please the majority of the clubs. But when you have the money that City and Newcastle have at their disposal you happily pay that tax.

Back
Top Bottom