Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's dollars. At that point that equates to about £350m......
Yup - he pretty much got what he was asking in 2017 - it would seem on the face of it not that much more than he paid and loaned to the club, however without full disclosure, which of course we will never see, who knows what the real number or the hidden 'extras' look like.

Well if he's not spent it on players (see fan complaints) and neglected all the infrastructure, then where's all the TV money gone?

Simplistic, but that's the basis for my assumption to the contrary.

As for the SD stuff: You're right. That's just a bunch of free, high profile advertising.

He was gearing up to sell before they got relegated last time.... It's been on the cards for years now; long before the Saudi interest.
He cleared their debt when he took them over and kept them profitable (fans might scoff at this but being run profitably would have been one of the main reasons why he sold it!!) He spent nearly £400m on players during his time there, averaging the 10th highest spenders in the league for this same period (includes the 2 champo seasons), I think the fan protests against the spending was ridiculous.

This isn't a defence of him by any means, he had zero genuine ambition for the Club, there's been no investment in the infrastructure, in fact, I think it's been neglected. How he managed the club with the people he entrusted to operate it on a day to day basis was comical. IMO the player investments which was highly appropriate in the context of their revenues generated, it was poorly executed, lacked any consistency or long term planning and ultimately wasn't about building something it was about staying in the PL (or getting back into it).

Agree also about trying to sell the Club for a while, which also lends itself to why buy it in the first place if he wasn't trying to make money from it. He's not a geordie and has, therefore, no favours or affiliation with the place, no motivation to see them do well, improve etc.. I just don't get why anyone would by a football club in these circumstances unless they wanted to make money from it.

Seem to remember Ashley did an interview setting the price saying he wasn't trying to profit from the club etc, and that he would sell if he was able to recoup his initial investment plus the money he'd put in along the way.

I think in the end he was absolutely fucking delighted to sell it. The fans made his life hell and were hardly acting in a way to make him want to soften his stance and help them out. He’s obviously a nasty individual but over a decade of personal attacks will bare their brunt on anyone.

I think in the end he was absolutely fucking delighted to sell it. The fans made his life hell and were hardly acting in a way to make him want to soften his stance and help them out. He’s obviously a nasty individual but over a decade of personal attacks will bare their brunt on anyone.
Apologies for my ignorance, but why is he obviously a nasty individual?

I watch all their games involving us on mute now. They are always derogatory about us and Tyler is an utter bellend that needs sacking. Apparently he was at it again yesterday.
Tyler was gushing about how they've got their club back (how exactly??), how it's a wonderful passionate one club city, how they deserve it more than anyone else. All bollocks of course.
Practically silent when Spurs scored.
It was toe curling.

“It’s almost like they don’t want the badge of having criticised the new owners,” a critical figure from one Premier League club said.
Hardly surprising...

giphy.gif

Be interesting to see what happens.

The horse has already bolted with City’s doping but there might not be much appetite for a repeat.
There is a real sense of the horse had bolted with City but at least there is a genuine backlash going on right now. Unfortunately where the power base is FA, PL, UEFA & FIFA I fear the Saudi's are well represented.

I doubt anything will happen. Money is all that matters with the people running things. None of them give a flying fuck about the sport.
These measures were voted in 18-2 only man city and Newcastle apposed them.. I think there is a determination to prevent them buying the way out. All the clubs should refuse to trade players with them. That will relegate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom