Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed. However grimey it all may seem on the surface; you can bet it's even more so underneath......

There's anything up to £3.5bn+ wrapped up in this situation and there'll be an abundance of all manner of pigs at the trough when it finally comes time to decide the exact fate of the proceeds.
Let’s hope that decision takes forever, everyone has a different agenda, stretching the selection process deep into the summer

Let’s hope that decision takes forever, everyone has a different agenda, stretching the selection process deep into the summer

Won't play that way.... They'll be eager to get the cash in-house asap; even if the re-distribution of funds drags on longer.

Won't play that way.... They'll be eager to get the cash in-house asap; even if the re-distribution of funds drags on longer.
Who are the decision makers in the down select (which still hasn’t happened and was due Monday)?

Does the government ratify the down select? Do they review the selection criteria? They must approve the final decision….. don’t see this happening quickly

Who are the decision makers in the down select (which still hasn’t happened and was due Monday)?

Does the government ratify the down select? Do they review the selection criteria? They must approve the final decision….. don’t see this happening quickly

Can't say I know for sure....

I'd assume the sale is some form of collabo between the club and a government appointed agency; whilst the (so-called) 'fit and proper' stuff just gets handled by the EPL in the usual way.

3 1/2 months before the trf window opens; so as long as it gets done before then, any further disruption will be minimal.

I see he’s also allowed to inject another £30m into the club to keep it running whilst a sale is sorted out. What was the point in the sanctions then if they we’re going to be removed a week later?

Indeed. However grimey it all may seem on the surface; you can bet it's even more so underneath......

There's anything up to £3.5bn+ wrapped up in this situation and there'll be an abundance of all manner of pigs at the trough when it finally comes time to decide the exact fate of the proceeds.
Its small change compared to as bad or worse £££ in property and finance in London. Its not whataboutism but pointing out the obvious that we don't care

I see he’s also allowed to inject another £30m into the club to keep it running whilst a sale is sorted out. What was the point in the sanctions then if they we’re going to be removed a week later?
Like it or not they have treated Chelsea as a special case from the start, this is an extension of that. They will argue that Roman won't benefit.

Can't say I know for sure....

I'd assume the sale is some form of collabo between the club and a government appointed agency; whilst the (so-called) 'fit and proper' stuff just gets handled by the EPL in the usual way.

3 1/2 months before the trf window opens; so as long as it gets done before then, any further disruption will be minimal.
My understanding is Raine present the short list to Bruce Fuck, Marina and some other cunt on their board. Those three have the final say on who is the best one (surely this will take a month or so), and civil servants approves the selection and price etc. let’s hope this is where there is a conflict and they reject the choice.

This is hugely distributive to their trf dealings assuming the current board all exit

FFS that £30M injection is a wounder. Sets a precedent so if this does takes months, they aren’t going to go into administration and get points docked

If it’s correct then us, the scum and Man Utd should be up in arms as it effects the champions league places and also next season.

Although there are some convenient reports that they were allowed access to the money after all, but I suspect that’s because of the backlash.

One rule for Rangers, Derby and Leeds another for Chelsea. If the 1.7bn of debt is written off without them getting auto relegated to the championship for blowing all the FFP rules you know Chelsea have friends in high places taking brown envelopes.

Spurs would never get this generous treatment not in a million years.

One rule for Rangers, Derby and Leeds another for Chelsea. If the 1.7bn of debt is written off without them getting auto relegated to the championship for blowing all the FFP rules you know Chelsea have friends in high places taking brown envelopes.

Spurs would never get this generous treatment not in a million years.
I'm by no means an expert in this but isn't in effect transferring debt to equity which is allowed? When ever I heard of the 1bn+ pre sanctions it was always said he would do this but its more efficient to hold as debt until he sells.

The fact he was allowed to pump 1bn in without breaking FFP is the odd one.

The debt represents 20 years of cheating. The Premier league should step in and say to any of the piurchasers buyer beware relegation is a risk to be deemed a suitable punishment.
PL okayed the cheating for 20 years, everything he did was within the rules and signed off. That's the problem, if it wasn't for a war they would have let him pump in 10'sM this summer and if the government removes his sanctions I'm not sure they would even make him sell.

I'm by no means an expert in this but isn't in effect transferring debt to equity which is allowed? When ever I heard of the 1bn+ pre sanctions it was always said he would do this but its more efficient to hold as debt until he sells.

The fact he was allowed to pump 1bn in without breaking FFP is the odd one.

The main issue is you cannot write off debt, that is a gift which breaks the rules and as the debt is in a sanctioned company it will need to be paid. Unless of course the government is kind to Chelsea and wavers the rules purely for them which I would not be surprised about.

If not the money has to be paid by the club not the new owners.

Back
Top Bottom