Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I expect Levy of all people to be fucking all over this particularly now we have a DoF and he should have a lot more time on his hands.
Dan is 100% following this like a wolf tracking a deer.

He's probably ready to reach out to any of the losing bidders once the deal is done to see if they are interested in investing in Spurs instead.

They must be fucked. This £1.5bn has to be accounted for in some fashion because otherwise it was free money, massively breaching rules.

Where's the popcorn?
It was within the rules FFP is rolling year lag (or 3 years in some cases of losses) so if it broke the rules they would have faced consequences by now.

Where they may be fucked is how do they pay off the loan while being frozen.

I expect Levy of all people to be fucking all over this particularly now we have a DoF and he should have a lot more time on his hands.

He quite rightly hates them ever since the Arnesen business. He aint going to miss the opportunity to fuck them over in some way if he can.

More than anything he will be interested in the price as I bet he values us higher than the chavs.

It was within the rules FFP is rolling year lag (or 3 years in some cases of losses) so if it broke the rules they would have faced consequences by now.

Where they may be fucked is how do they pay off the loan while being frozen.
It was within FFP rules as a loan.

Once it ceases to be a loan (being written off it becomes owner investment) it breaks FFP rules.

Once it ceases to be a loan (being written off it becomes owner investment) it breaks FFP rules.

Government will find a fudge if Abramovich is willing to actually sell without any money coming his way (that is still up for question), however it will create chaos as it will be seen as the government bailing out Chelsea which other prem clubs will go mad over.

Yeah I think that converting may break the rules now but him giving that free money in the first place either as debt or equity was within FFP. There are no rules that owners investment needs to be a loan they are restricted on how much but he could have just given that money, correct?

I don't think they will cease to exist (go bust) but right now today...I fail to see how they can avoid some kind of financial incurred points deduction or possible demotion. Its why Spurs need to take every point they can no matter what. No more golf

:kanehand:
New owner takes on the debt and chelsea still have an interest free loan that needs to paid off... As its a Roman company they can't pay off until govt say so... Status quo possibly

Back
Top Bottom