Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah super brain Jordan is overlooking the real deadline which is June 8th when the EPL has to have the coming season rota finalised. If they are still dickering with where the 'charity' money is going....hello national league 👌
In his scenario new owners won't care where the ring fenced money is that's between Govt and roman.

My guess would be Abramovich is trying to string it out as much as possible then when the deadline comes hope the U.K. will bend to him and pay him the money to avoid Chelsea getting busted.

If so then it creates two issues. If they don’t pay Chelsea are gone, if the U.K. govt pays or finds a fudge to take the club from him then it’s giving Chelsea special treatment which will cause an explosion in the PL with clubs furious over special treatment.

Unless Abramovich relents it’s going to be explosive one way or another.

My guess would be Abramovich is trying to string it out as much as possible then when the deadline comes hope the U.K. will bend to him and pay him the money to avoid Chelsea getting busted.

If so then it creates two issues. If they don’t pay Chelsea are gone, if the U.K. govt pays or finds a fudge to take the club from him then it’s giving Chelsea special treatment which will cause an explosion in the PL with clubs furious over special treatment.

Unless Abramovich relents it’s going to be explosive one way or another.
Thought this ages ago….. why wouldn’t he play hardball with the government. Two options:
1) government won’t want Chelsea to go bust due to their actions however:
2) they definitely cannot pay Roman what he might want regardless of the bad politics of 1) above

New owner takes on the debt and chelsea still have an interest free loan that needs to paid off... As its a Roman company they can't pay off until govt say so... Status quo possibly
Status quo....without Parfit and Rossi maybe. The big club that was chelsea on the latest inside figures were covering losses of 100k a week. If you think any investor is making that up your bonkers. They are shopping g in Lidel with the rest of us now

new owners who state large on-going investment are probably as interested in a new stadium as the team. As long as they keep them in the top half, and get them a new pad, then it's possible to generate more income from a higher capacity and ultimately flip for profit.

How often do clubs get added to pension funds? Can they been seen as a healthy investment from this POV, in a similar way to shopping centers etc. Surely they only need to return +5%?

Status quo....without Parfit and Rossi maybe. The big club that was chelsea on the latest inside figures were covering losses of 100k a week. If you think any investor is making that up your bonkers. They are shopping g in Lidel with the rest of us now
Oh I know they are loss making, he needed to pump money in the year they won CL and CWC. Status quo when it comes to ffp penalties.

They have players they can sell for high fees and get rid of high wages, they will be a midtable club with a shit aging stadium without being able to pump in money or pay youth huge wages.

new owners who state large on-going investment are probably as interested in a new stadium as the team. As long as they keep them in the top half, and get them a new pad, then it's possible to generate more income from a higher capacity and ultimately flip for profit.

How often do clubs get added to pension funds? Can they been seen as a healthy investment from this POV, in a similar way to shopping centers etc. Surely they only need to return +5%?
They can't move the stadium (fans need to give permission to sell and move) and building on the footprint is very difficult and expensive... Can't see anyone hoping to make money on expansion of the stadium.

Yeah I think that converting may break the rules now but him giving that free money in the first place either as debt or equity was within FFP. There are no rules that owners investment needs to be a loan they are restricted on how much but he could have just given that money, correct?
I think (🤷🤷) 90m is the limit on owner investment.

Anything more than that is against FFP.

He quite rightly hates them ever since the Arnesen business. He aint going to miss the opportunity to fuck them over in some way if he can.

More than anything he will be interested in the price as I bet he values us higher than the chavs.

It's twofold. The hate from previous dealing the first, and secondly purely a business thing (being cynical) and/or a looking out for Spurs thing (being kind). Sinking them makes the big 6 into a big 5, and United may yet partly sink themselves making it a top 4. Therefore making CL much more likely every year is a CL season.

Levy could put 20m towards lawyers on this and come out ahead, if he fucks up Chelsea with it.

It's twofold. The hate from previous dealing the first, and secondly purely a business thing (being cynical) and/or a looking out for Spurs thing (being kind). Sinking them makes the big 6 into a big 5, and United may yet partly sink themselves making it a top 4. Therefore making CL much more likely every year is a CL season.

Levy could put 20m towards lawyers on this and come out ahead, if he fucks up Chelsea with it.

All the other 19 PL clubs should want to fuck over Chelsea and the other 73 professional clubs in this country.

And that is the llong and short of it.. As much as it would be great and we have our hopes up, them going bust is never going to happen unfortunately.

True, but what I also take from that video is, that if the government takes command of the sale, it will be sold to the highest bidder. Not who wants to carry on the club in the most successful way. The highest bidder may well be an entity wanting to downsize, rather than pour money they'll never see again into the project. Maybe even strip/exploit assets Glazer style.

😝

Chelsea: Sir Jim Ratcliffe bid for club 'rejected out of hand' - Ratcliffe's Chelsea bid 'rejected out of hand'

excellent-happy.gif

I went to the Shed End for some good ol schadenfreude. They are next level deluded!

"Not sure there is a correct outcome mate. The way both Roman and us as a club have been treated by our government is awful and should be unacceptable. Yet they get away with it.

Correct outcome is they apologize to Roman and let us go about operating as before. Cause the actions have done a great job on ending the war."

Bet they all voted Tory and love Bozza up until a few months ago!

:dembelefingers:

I bet Bozza and the Tories wont pull the rug till after Thursdays elections?...I can wait though

Back
Top Bottom