Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Almost remarkable how bad they have gotten. Boehly has to be the biggest melt in football. How can you spend that much money and have jack shit. Reece James is the jewel in the crown, the one player even the top sides in Europe would want, but he is perpetually broken.

Almost remarkable how bad they have gotten. Boehly has to be the biggest melt in football. How can you spend that much money and have jack shit. Reece James is the jewel in the crown, the one player even the top sides in Europe would want, but he is perpetually broken.

They have a core of players they rely on in Gallagher, Palmer and Colwill, 2 of them youth team products and the other one a City cast off.

James I don’t think you can even add to that as he is always fucked. It seems Boehy played Championship manager and just went around signing rated youth products for big money from other leagues hoping they would all be gems.

I think he thought he could game the system by getting a manager in Potter who is great with young talents then buy a ton of random young talents and it would all just work out. The irony is the young talents did work out, just the ones they didn’t buy but instead came up from their youth academy.

They have a core of players they rely on in Gallagher, Palmer and Colwill, 2 of them youth team products and the other one a City cast off.

James I don’t think you can even add to that as he is always fucked. It seems Boehy played Championship manager and just went around signing rated youth products for big money from other leagues hoping they would all be gems.

I think he thought he could game the system by getting a manager in Potter who is great with young talents then buy a ton of random young talents and it would all just work out. The irony is the young talents did work out, just the ones they didn’t buy but instead came up from their youth academy.

Their contract situation is mental, they have 4 players (Jackson, Mudryk, Enzo, Caicedo) all on 8 year contracts up until 2031, that is crazy! I don't know how you keep those players motivated for that long and the fact that they're already on around £150k a week how do you reward them seeing as they're already on long contracts and relatively high wages?

They also have a load of players on 7 year contract as well including Palmer, Lavia and Badiashille.

By giving all these players long contracts you're giving them all the power so it just means that they've banked on every player becoming a hit and maintaining their levels and not downing tools because those players will just become placated and indulged and eventually turn on whatever manager is in charge, rinse repeat.

When you do this on championship manager, it doesn't cost you 1bn to prise them away though, and allows you to sell them at huge profits to reinvest into the team.

Ironically this is not dissimilar to what Chelsea used to do, snap up talent and sell them on to somewhat circumvent FFP issues.

Their contract situation is mental, they have 4 players (Jackson, Mudryk, Enzo, Caicedo) all on 8 year contracts up until 2031, that is crazy! I don't know how you keep those players motivated for that long and the fact that they're already on around £150k a week how do you reward them seeing as they're already on long contracts and relatively high wages?

They also have a load of players on 7 year contract as well including Palmer, Lavia and Badiashille.

By giving all these players long contracts you're giving them all the power so it just means that they've banked on every player becoming a hit and maintaining their levels and not downing tools because those players will just become placated and indulged and eventually turn on whatever manager is in charge, rinse repeat.
Also, you can’t sell them as no-one will match their current wage, or contract duration. You would have to pay someone like Atletico 50M to take Jackson just so they cover his contract

Expert trolling including only English clubs in the British Super League.

47147986_jex_577311_de27-1-e1423668158520.jpg

Back
Top Bottom