Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah Earl’s Court hasn’t been there for ages. I drive past it virtually every month and there’s been now sign of development at all until recently when moves to start have begun. I’m not sure the current owners would sell though. I think they’ve rebuffed a few bids over the years and are pretty determined to build there but are having problems with the council but as usual these things usually get ironed out. Plus with the absolute need for housing in London I suspect the government would step in if the site was sold to a football club rather than providing thousands of new homes.

Last week, the Earls Court Development Company, a joint venture between Delancey, APG and Transport for London, unveiled plans to create a 7.35m sq ft, mixed-use site including 4,500 homes (pictured), 35% of which would be affordable.

But the council said the scheme fails to meet its 50% affordable homes target set out in its Local Plan, a target that would create an extra 675 affordable homes if met by the Earls Court scheme.

A council spokesperson said there was “much we like about ECDC’s approach and many of their ideas” but added: “All successful developments in Hammersmith and Fulham will have a minimum of 50% genuinely affordable homes and we look forward to helping them deliver that.”

Plus they bought a huge site next door to unlock it only in November so don’t sound like someone who wants to sell up.

Earls Court Partnership, a joint venture between Delancey and Transport for London (TfL), has completed the acquisition of the Lillie Bridge Depot and surrounding 15-acre site, unlocking major development at the west London brownfield site.

The key land purchase paves the way for a fresh masterplan to be drawn up for a now 40-acre brownfield site at Earl’s Court, expected to contain plans for 4,500 homes alongside other assets.

As part of the deal, the Lillie Bridge Depot has been leased back to TfL on a peppercorn rent and will continue to be operated by the London transport body while it assesses if, and how, the depot will be relocated.

The Earls Court Partnership said the Lillie Bridge Depot would be a key later phase of the masterplan being brought forward by the Earls Court Development Company (ECDC), which started consultation in 2021.
Cheers, that good to see there is what appears to be an attempt to develop the site. I’m always weary on property deals bad it’s just a bear pit of Uber cunts.

But reading that does put some weight to the problems they face, which is nice.

Potter is definitely getting sacked but tbh, he’s not the main problem. It’s the fact that they’ve spend hundreds of millions of pounds on absolute fucking shite.

How the F**k did they manage to lose that game?
Spider Man Lol GIF

I wonder if Potter's contract has one of those clauses where they only pay him for as long as he isnt employed.

In that case if his entire contract is paid out to him we may never see him again.

I thought he'd be one of the better English managers, turns out he'll actually be this generations Alan Curbishley and will just disappear without a trace.

Back
Top Bottom