Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That wasn't what I asked.....

Clubs have rivals.... It's part of the fun of it. It's not "embarrassing". These rivalries are part of the fabric of the game.

El Classico is just another La Liga game between 2 indiscriminate Spanish kick-ball clubs?

How dull.
I probably wouldn't bother engaging with glastonspur. While I popped into Redcafe to gauge reaction to Contes appointment, there were a few people wondering if he was going to come back to that forum now. I didn't get the impression he is missed

So Howe is pretty much the only horse standing.....

Silver lining..... If he gets results with a quick turnaround and still maintains his attacking ethos that your next Engkand manager right there.....

So Howe is pretty much the only horse standing.....

Silver lining..... If he gets results with a quick turnaround and still maintains his attacking ethos that your next Engkand manager right there.....

International management is of a vastly lower standard than club management. Mancini looks like a god at that level and he was average in the prem. Howe would be a good choice for England manager, can use/coach attacking football and with Grealish, Foden, Kane, Bellingham etc we have a lot of attacking talent.

International management is of a vastly lower standard than club management. Mancini looks like a god at that level and he was average in the prem. Howe would be a good choice for England manager, can use/coach attacking football and with Grealish, Foden, Kane, Bellingham etc we have a lot of attacking talent.

The part I'd hone in on is whether or not he can get them ticking relatively quickly or if he takes an age to establish his style....

If its the former that would translate well considering the lack of time int. managers get with the players.

Wow

I can't see that this guy is going to work at all!

Has he ever fought a relegation battle? Has he ever had to scrap for points? He'll try to get them playing out from the back when they haven't got the defenders to do it (see Goons); 2 whole months till the transfer window opens, and they're already 6 pts off safety.

I honestly think he could take them down
So I've gone from liking Unai Emery to hating Unai Emery to liking Unai Emery to hating Unai Emery to liking Unai Emery (if indeed he swerves them).

Impressive stuff

Taking tips from our clubs summer search by the looks of things.
and I also think it proves that it's not that easy (Villa I think are a well run Club these days going potentially for Fonseca also shows the managerial market is a tad stuck). I

am hugely surprised that there is literally zero plan, they've had well over a year to work on one, unhurried by the deadline of seasons starting/finishing transfer markets opening/closing and not to mention the everyday process and distraction of actually running a football club.

Think their first move should have been to get a DoF someone who knows football, has a black book and can organise and prepare the club for a) potentially dropping into the champ b) have a strategy to keep them in prem c) long term beyond both a+b.

It appears they've done absolutely fuck all!!

and I also think it proves that it's not that easy (Villa I think are a well run Club these days going potentially for Fonseca also shows the managerial market is a tad stuck). I

am hugely surprised that there is literally zero plan, they've had well over a year to work on one, unhurried by the deadline of seasons starting/finishing transfer markets opening/closing and not to mention the everyday process and distraction of actually running a football club.

Think their first move should have been to get a DoF someone who knows football, has a black book and can organise and prepare the club for a) potentially dropping into the champ b) have a strategy to keep them in prem c) long term beyond both a+b.

It appears they've done absolutely fuck all!!

Should have thrown a wad of cash at Campos or Rangnick, let them work it out. Rangnick can even cover the manager role if needed.

You need people with connections and who know football running it, I mean look at all Levy’s fuck ups. At least we have have a DoF now in Paratici, even if it’s not clear how good he is yet.

Seems like everyone believes January can’t save them.

And honestly, it might be dumb to even try, overpaying for a limited pool of players on long term contracts when FFP is a consideration and there’s such a massive difference between the PL and Championship in terms of what their squad needs will be.

Honestly Steve Bruce did a good job keeping them as mid table fodder. Listened to a moronic geordie on SSN - tbf there are all a bit thick - talking about how great Benetiz's defence was compared to Steve Bruce's. They have similar records and seemingly play in a similar way.

Honestly Steve Bruce did a good job keeping them as mid table fodder. Listened to a moronic geordie on SSN - tbf there are all a bit thick - talking about how great Benetiz's defence was compared to Steve Bruce's. They have similar records and seemingly play in a similar way.

They should have just kept Bruce on. Nobody is going to want to be the manager that relegates the richest club in the world.

It is absolutely fucking hilarious though obviously. It is great they are struggling to get someone.

Back
Top Bottom