Come here to laugh at the Geordies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope Eddie Howe stays long term.
I hope Newcastle do not use him for a couple of seasons, to rise up the table, then ditch him for an overseas manager.
I wonder who has the final say on transfers Howe or DOF? Howe may not spend well .
I wonder if the rumours are true, PL clubs will not sell to Newcastle?
When protests against SA are beamed around the world, will SKY and Co. not show them at matches, and will the Sheikh be happy with this bad publicity?

I hope Eddie Howe stays long term.
I hope Newcastle do not use him for a couple of seasons, to rise up the table, then ditch him for an overseas manager.
I wonder who has the final say on transfers Howe or DOF? Howe may not spend well .
I wonder if the rumours are true, PL clubs will not sell to Newcastle?
When protests against SA are beamed around the world, will SKY and Co. not show them at matches, and will the Sheikh be happy with this bad publicity?
Rice has pulled out of the England squad...in talks with Howe I wonder?

55161.jpeg

Anyone else find it ironic that Newcastle players take the knee before every game whilst playing for a team owned by one of the most racist, homophobic, anti-Semitic regimes in the world?

its like being a senior well paid executive of Nike and then signing a petition seeking to ban child labour.

Throughout history western governments have destablised countries and organised coups. They've overthrown democratically elected leaders to give power to dictatorships and theocracies in order to steal resources at the people's expense. They allow large corporations to rape the planet. They arm the Saudis.
They get involved in things like operation bluestar where many Sikhs were killed in Amritsar.
The UK is corrupt as fuck and is not far behind Saudi in the list of countries that need to be burnt to the ground.

That being said. Fuck football. It's capitalism. Let it eat itself. Newcastle dominating would be fitting. The big/biggest dickhead beats the smaller dickheads.

All things like killing journos and gays... many countries do that. Many of whom only do it because of who the UK helped remove and then install in power. Blood free hands my arse.
The moral high ground is not high enough. We live in a country where cunts are desperate for poor school kids not to get free lunch. Where the most vulnerable have austerity imposed on them and have died as a result. In a country where taxpayer money lines the pockets of those in power who use loopholes and whatnot to make themselves and their mates richer. A country where the Queen used taxpayer money to give her paedo rape nephew legal defence. Man... gtfo trying to draw a line here.

That is all well and good but almost everything you wrote has nothing to do with Newcastle, a football club, being owned by the Saudi wealth fund.
I would be concerned if Boris set up a UK wealth fund and then bought Tottenham.
But then again, if you want to have a moan about several complicated, discrete issues, then so be it. Notwithstanding what you mentioned is not the same, it is easy to boil everything down to: "burn it all down" and "we are just as bad as the most evil"; so really "let's not talk about anything meaningful".
Believe me, I have been there in my anarchist days. Respectfully, your post reminded me of the conversations I had many moons ago in sixth form.

Your logic is daft.

Newcastle are a football club operating IN England.
Football is but one part of this country.
Our country is run by corrupt scum who have engaged in abhorrent behaviour.

Is football now a separate world? No.

Saudi wealth fund or not it stinks all the same and always has. We can sell them weapons to kill kids in Yemen, we can sell them apartment blocks to board and keep empty, but oh no they bought a football club.

I'm not saying let's not discuss anything cos it's all bad. I'm saying let's be consistent and go after the worst first.

& ok mr grown up mature man.

Your logic is daft.

Newcastle are a football club operating IN England.
Football is but one part of this country.
Our country is run by corrupt scum who have engaged in abhorrent behaviour.

Is football now a separate world? No.

Saudi wealth fund or not it stinks all the same and always has. We can sell them weapons to kill kids in Yemen, we can sell them apartment blocks to board and keep empty, but oh no they bought a football club.

I'm not saying let's not discuss anything cos it's all bad. I'm saying let's be consistent and go after the worst first.

& ok mr grown up mature man.
I actually deleted my comment because I realised it would be a momumental waste of time to get into a debate about something so complicated. I can't possibly make sense of the historical and political complexity of all the things you raised - some with nothing to do with football or SA. Alas I was not quick enough so unfortunately we are where we are.

I will say though, your logic is utterly bizarre and exemplifies my point: EnGLanD iS a CoUnTry aND NeWCaSTlE iS In EnGLanD. Also, I don't think you will find many people supporting the UK selling weapons to SA. But in any case, I don't see any problem with football fans showing their disgust with authoritarian regimes using the fans' quasi religious loyalty to launder the regimes' images. It is silly to me to suggest we can't talk about something because something else is a problem.

I actually deleted my comment because I realised it would be a momumental waste of time to get into a debate about something so complicated. I can't possibly make sense of the historical and political complexity of all the things you raised - some with nothing to do with football or SA. Alas I was not quick enough so unfortunately we are where we are.

I will say though, your logic is utterly bizarre and exemplifies my point: EnGLanD iS a CoUnTry aND NeWCaSTlE iS In EnGLanD. Also, I don't think you will find many people supporting the UK selling weapons to SA. But in any case, I don't see any problem with football fans showing their disgust with authoritarian regimes using the fans' quasi religious loyalty to launder the regimes' images. It is silly to me to suggest we can't talk about something because something else is a problem.
I'm not saying we can't talk about the bad things SA does. They are horrible beings.

I'm saying this country continually is on the wrong side of history and often perpetuates and/or enables these horrid regimes. That's not quite the same as the whataboutery your implying I'm doing.

"United With Pride’s stance is that they would rather try to change things by talking to the owners"

Jesus wept, what utter cunting hypocrites.

I very nearly joined ISIS a couple of years ago. My plan was to try to change them from the inside.

Back
Top Bottom