Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some lawyer type on TS a moment ago (paraphrasing):

"He's given his own differing story to Utd & the FA... Why did he then opt not to attend the hearing today and represent his version of events in person?"

Guilty or not, awfully complacent behaviour one would say, no?
Hmm. Perhaps he didn't want to be on Greek soil if there was a non-suspended prison sentence given out?

Easier to appeal that from the UK/avoid extradition?

I have come to learn in these sorts of cases where there is a stink, there is foul play. None of this seems to make any sense. I can guarantee the corrupt police have fitted them up. Maybe they did it because they are in bed with the Albanian mafia or maybe because they are police and that is what the police do.

There is no way Harry said "Please, let me go. I am very rich. I can pay. I am the leader of Manchester United". Those words cannot have left his mouth.

It will be a long drawn out affair but he will get his name cleared eventually.

I have come to learn in these sorts of cases where there is a stink, there is foul play. None of this seems to make any sense. I can guarantee the corrupt police have fitted them up. Maybe they did it because they are in bed with the Albanian mafia or maybe because they are police and that is what the police do.

There is no way Harry said "Please, let me go. I am very rich. I can pay. I am the leader of Manchester United". Those words cannot have left his mouth.

Greece has practically zero violent crime , low crime generally and is practically safe to walk it's streets compared to many other countries.
Corrupt no more than other western country but
Nepotism is rife.
Loutish , yob behaviour generally is culturally unacceptable . A fuckwit like HM giving it a tough guy , acting big shot , unbelievable story about albanians , his sister bullshit , spending £63,000 on booze , you couldn't make it up brother. The douchbag drunk pulled every stroke to get off , maybe something was lost in a slurred rant translation as he gave big to the police bit the general tone was easy to work out.
The "corrupt police" are miles more efficient than anything in the UK or USA . Crime is at levels that these countries could only dream . Their citizens are 10 times safer. Of course the hand in glove Brit media will rally behind him .
His money may get him cleared somewhat but we all know his behaviour was a embarrassing disgrace of mega proportions.

So here's version A
Harry Maguire, his brothers and some mates get pissed up in a bar and start behaving loutishly. The police are called.A bit of a tussle ensues. Two of the policemen are assaulted as they attempt to arrest the group and take them to the station. Harry tells them who he is and that he can afford to pay any fine they may impose so why not just let him pay now and the incident can be forgotten.
Or version B
Harry Maguire's sister is approached in a bar by two Albanian strangers. They inject her with something and she faints. Harry attempts to get her an ambulance. The police arrive and take them to the station where they are assaulted.

Hmmm tough choice.

Either way, whatever is lost in translation, or differing versions of events etc, Maguire and his mates have been anything but role models. I'd sway on the side of him being a complete knob.

daily-star26.png

The reason that an apology has not been forthcoming is because that would be legally regarded as an admission of guilt. It's this story about his sister that puzzles me.

Albanian drug rapists and yet the prosecution says
" what is strange about this case about the sister is that the sister was interviewed by police and she said nothing about that to the police. This is a new line of defence that we heard recently."

Guardian coming at this from another angle

This implies that if Maguire apologises then the slate could be wiped clean and there may be no need for an appeal. It's a no win situation for Harry though because, as I said before, an apology would be an admission of guilt.

He says "I'm sorry" and all may be forgotten in Greece but not back home.

Guardian coming at this from another angle

This implies that if Maguire apologises then the slate could be wiped clean and there may be no need for an appeal. It's a no win situation for Harry though because, as I said before, an apology would be an admission of guilt.

He says "I'm sorry" and all may be forgotten in Greece but not back home.

Apologise if it’s the end of it. Be a man and own up. It will all be forgotten by the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom