Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He has a criminal record and it must affect his international career. It also shows him for exactly what he is, an egotistical arsehole. Yes he can pay the fine but he was unable to bribe anybody and that's why I salute the police and the court.
I’m not so sure though, the police charge him for trying to bribe them , but then he goes to court and instead of a sentence he can pay a fine , what’s the difference?

If it was a bog standard, drunk guys thumping each other, pub fight then Maguire would probably be fine after a full apology written by the best PR money can buy.
But the wider political context is directly relevant here.
Having had personal dealings with Priti Vacant, I loathe her. But a cop is a cop, whether they're British or Greek.

And this what the Home Secretary said just a month ago.

-------------------------------

Thugs who attack 999 staff face longer jail terms: Writing in the Mail, Home Secretary Priti Patel reveals plan to DOUBLE maximum sentence for criminals who assault emergency crews

• Priti Patel has revealed plans to increase punishments for attacking 999 staff
  • The Home Secretary writes exclusively for the Mail outlining her strategy
  • She will today recommend increasing the maximum jail term to two years

Thugs who attack 999 staff face longer jail terms, writes Priti Patel

I’m not so sure though, the police charge him for trying to bribe them , but then he goes to court and instead of a sentence he can pay a fine , what’s the difference?
He doesn't slip out of the back door with no charges against him. He is publicly fined, the money isn't slipped into somebody's back pocket and he comes out of this innocent. That's the difference. He's come out of this disgraced instead of with that fucking smug smile of his all over his face.
That's the difference.

I’m not 100% sure I just remember it being a reason from some people why we shouldn’t sign him

EDIT:

Found guilty.... Reduced and then suspended sentence.

No charge.

He called Blanc a sausage nosher (in French of course) as well.

All above board innit.... And he doesn't get to brush it all under the carpet which is what he obv wanted..

Fair play to the rozzer.

Should at the very least be dropped from Southgate’s team for the time being. (And if Utd had any decency, they’d be looking for a way to sack him for bringing their team into disrepute...won’t, though...)

He doesn't slip out of the back door with no charges against him. He is publicly fined, the money isn't slipped into somebody's back pocket and he comes out of this innocent. That's the difference. He's come out of this disgraced instead of with that fucking smug smile of his all over his face.
That's the difference.
Yeah but when he is back at United for pre season back on £180k a week I’m sure he won’t be to bothered about it, besides it will be well forgotten come Christmas, and if I was him and I got found guilty of assault and bribery and could get out of doing Any bird for half a weeks wage I would be feeling very smug.

I found this on Reddit and surely this must be sung the first game against United where crowds are allowed back?

Slabhead Harry he went to Greece
Drank so much that he punched police
80 million down the drain
Slabhead Harry strikes again

Yeah but when he is back at United for pre season back on £180k a week I’m sure he won’t be to bothered about it, besides it will be well forgotten come Christmas, and if I was him and I got found guilty of assault and bribery and could get out of doing Any bird for half a weeks wage I would be feeling very smug.
We need to get fans back in stadiums: can guarantee it won’t be forgotten in some creative chanting...

Back
Top Bottom