Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really do wonder how much longer they can rinse the Corporate market when they've been slipping behind for 10 years now.

They haven't competed for the PL since Fergie walked. They came 2nd one season with Mourinho, but they were a country mile away.

A Man U fan once ask me what the point of supporting spurs was. That’s the level of count we are dealing with. I hope they leave their fans in tears for decades.
I have a better experience with a Manchester United fan. He was my physio when I was hospitalised with a broken ankle and he helped me regain my mobility when I was terrified to put a foot on the floor after being confined to a hospital bed for two weeks.

He had the pleasure of telling me about their 3-0 win over us, Nuno's sacking and Conte's appointment and, although his joy was short-lived, I will always be grateful for his help.

I have a better experience with a Manchester United fan. He was my physio when I was hospitalised with a broken ankle and he helped me regain my mobility when I was terrified to put a foot on the floor after being confined to a hospital bed for two weeks.

He had the pleasure of telling me about their 3-0 win over us, Nuno's sacking and Conte's appointment and, although his joy was short-lived, I will always be grateful for his help.

I’m not sure you get the ethos of this forum! 🤪

I'm trying to imagine a conversation with a United fan who's suddenly come round after being in a coma for 10 years.

"Yeah, Eriksen could have stayed at - checks notes - Brentford (?!?!?!?!?)"
"Last 2 results v , er, Brighton (?!?!?) 0-4 and 1-2 at home (?!?!?)
"Crowd booing at HT first game of season, and, er, fighting amongst the home fans?!?!?"
"You know that Dutch guy you were after all Summer? He's not signing"
Why would a guy who's been in a coma for 10 years know who'd they'd been chasing all summer???

In fact, what are the odds they'd even have heard of Eriksen, let alone know how good he'd been?

Yeh, I mean.... £60m(*)... What are they thinking???? :sherwoodwtf:

(*There's no HG factor from a PSG perspective.)

My cynical view? They see Rashford as a perfect sports washing tool. He's got a reputation for altruism, sign him & use him for publicity.

On a sporting level maybe they're thinking United are a mess & the potential he showed a couple of seasons back (when he was getting double figures for goals) is still there.

My cynical view? They see Rashford as a perfect sports washing tool. He's got a reputation for altruism, sign him & use him for publicity.

Not the worst theory......

On a sporting level maybe they're thinking United are a mess & the potential he showed a couple of seasons back (when he was getting double figures for goals) is still there.

Lot of dosh tho. Players like Rashford are 2-a-penny across Europe.

56151421f950c994dc5237d9c31c21cc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom