Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's on BBC News now, about how United's shares are worth less today than when they floated ten years ago to the day.

£1000 invested ten years ago is worth £814 now. In that same timespan, £1000 of Juventus shares are now worth £2000.

👍

One benefit to United being crap this season is that their matches with Leeds should be a bit more balanced.

Good, old-fashioned rivalry that's been spoiled by the disparity between the two teams. Leeds look like they're moving in the right direction and United have come down a peg or two. Game on.

One benefit to United being crap this season is that their matches with Leeds should be a bit more balanced.

Good, old-fashioned rivalry that's been spoiled by the disparity between the two teams. Leeds look like they're moving in the right direction and United have come down a peg or two. Game on.
"This season" 😉

Good one.

Someone explain something to me. The glazers bought United, but United's business is paying and servicing the debt. How did the glazers actually buy the club if the debt is being financed by the fucking club?

Someone explain something to me. The glazers bought United, but United's business is paying and servicing the debt. How did the glazers actually buy the club if the debt is being financed by the fucking club?
Its like buying a house with an interest only mortgage in the hope capital increases will pay it off and provide profit when sold.

The loan is in their name and the relevant documents of ownership are in their name. They just used United's assets to secure the loan.

I'm surprised they were allowed to get away with a stunt like that. The response from the United board should have been "If you can't come up with the money from your own finances, how can you possibly afford to do anything to improve the club? How dare you disrespect our club with this proposition? Get out!"

The chairman of a football club is the trustee of an institution that means so much to so many people. He owes it to everyone who trusts in him to make sure that anyone he sells to has the best interests of the club at heart. Where was the chairman of this football club when this sale took place?

Glazers spend money they just have no long term goal or ideology. They should have brought in Poch and invested in new young talent and built an extremely fit attacking team. they have a history of buying old expensive has beens post ferdinand. Theres no long term project. They also have players that just arent top playrrs. Rashford for example. Bang average. fred. They remind me of Spurs 2008.

Glazers spend money they just have no long term goal or ideology. They should have brought in Poch and invested in new young talent and built an extremely fit attacking team. they have a history of buying old expensive has beens post ferdinand. Theres no long term project. They also have players that just arent top playrrs. Rashford for example. Bang average. fred. They remind me of Spurs 2008.
Glazers don't spend shit. United do. They're a money making machine. The Glazers are the definition of parasites, and long may it continue (I don't think it will).

Portrait of a club in crisis from an earlier era

How not to do things:

Charlton and Best - the manager O'Farrell just left them to it to sort their differences;
No we're not buying Shilton, Stepney plays golf with Sir Matt;
Crerand's past it - shit he's mates with Busby too;
Don't rate Morgan - oh FFS he plays golf with SMB too;
Charlton as club captain - hardly speaks to anyone;
Best is the greatest player we've ever had, let's not manage him;
Players want to see O'Farrell? Make an appt then

Blimey!!! How a team that won the title and European Cup in successive seasons manages to get relegated a few years later.

Just thinking - if you just looked at the years they didn't have Busby or SAF in charge, they really would be underwhelming

06b04fec52dd6c108ba2c579b6cbd83c.jpg

Eriksen apparently played false 9 a few times at Ajax.... a decade ago?

Also Eriksen was head and shoulders above his teammates, especially Bruno. One is a midfield maestro, the other some bucktooh whinger who just spams long shots.

I want to feel bad for Eriksen cos he's just thrown the last few good years of his career down the drain, but he made his bed...
Unless he went to the Goons, Chavs or Spammers, I can't hate Christian, he was easily one of our best players during the Poch era, and I have way more good memories than bad of him.

I'm trying to imagine a conversation with a United fan who's suddenly come round after being in a coma for 10 years.

"Yeah, Eriksen could have stayed at - checks notes - Brentford (?!?!?!?!?)"
"Last 2 results v , er, Brighton (?!?!?) 0-4 and 1-2 at home (?!?!?)
"Crowd booing at HT first game of season, and, er, fighting amongst the home fans?!?!?"
"You know that Dutch guy you were after all Summer? He's not signing"

I think the difference is with United that they have 'A' shares and 'B' shares

The Glazers hold all the B shares, which gets you voting rights and dividends - the A shares get you nothing really

Back
Top Bottom