Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3602d49cb492e362435a473c44ac6905.jpg

This Man Utd fan wishes they appointed Antonio Conte before he became Spurs manager!​

Conte would have gone there and would have walked out in 6 months

No way he would have tolerated the kind of BS at that club and I don't think even he would have been able to stamp his mark on them like the way he has.

Some managers just work at certain clubs, he wouldn't have worked at that circus.

They looked good or at least competent and structured in pre season which shows that there's a mentality issue there, they couldn't even do the basics right on Sunday when the pressure was on.
I have to disagree at this. I remember watching ther Villa game in Australia that they were acually verry lucky with weather and the lousy pitch because of rain. They looked to me that in normal weather and solid pitch that they would open for counter attack just like that. There were huge holes betwen front 3 that have pressed high in attack and the midfield and defense. Even then, they were disaster to hapen for defence once high press is bypased.

I have to disagree at this. I remember watching ther Villa game in Australia that they were acually verry lucky with weather and the lousy pitch because of rain. They looked to me that in normal weather and solid pitch that they would open for counter attack just like that. There were huge holes betwen front 3 that have pressed high in attack and the midfield and defense. Even then, they were disaster to hapen for defence once high press is bypased.

Fine I was going off the Liverpool match tbf

It's popping up all over the place, that Michael Knighton is preparing a hostile bid to topple the Glazers!

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!...

He must have kept the £10 million that he raised in '89.

I'm his interview he says "what would make this much easier would be if Jim Ratcliffe (the richest man in the uk) joined our consortium"

No shit

It's popping up all over the place, that Michael Knighton is preparing a hostile bid to topple the Glazers!

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!...

He must have kept the £10 million that he raised in '89.
kak3-300x225.jpg

"'Man United'? Hmm, it's a bit of a step down after Germany."

[leaving plenty of space for explanation of this joke, available upon request]

Conte would have gone there and would have walked out in 6 months

No way he would have tolerated the kind of BS at that club and I don't think even he would have been able to stamp his mark on them like the way he has.

Some managers just work at certain clubs, he wouldn't have worked at that circus.

Big difference is that here with Levy, despite all his flaws, still has an emotional connection to Spurs, so he does feel what the fans think of him, we’ve seen this in his behaviour whenever things look to be heading south.

Think of his responses in “down” years like 2004, 2008, 2014, 2021. He’s vulnerable to ill feeling from fans at least. He knows that he can’t fumble this opportunity with Paratici and Conte. For all the infrastructure improvements, ensuring the club has kept pace in the modern era, he also doesn’t want his legacy to be this lengthy trophy drought.

The Glazers don’t care beyond blasé PR. Cold hearted businessmen. Their approach is “let them eat cake” i.e. signings built around marketing potential.

Big difference is that here with Levy, despite all his flaws, still has an emotional connection to Spurs, so he does feel what the fans think of him, we’ve seen this in his behaviour whenever things look to be heading south.

Think of his responses in “down” years like 2004, 2008, 2014, 2021. He’s vulnerable to ill feeling from fans at least. He knows that he can’t fumble this opportunity with Paratici and Conte. For all the infrastructure improvements, ensuring the club has kept pace in the modern era, he also doesn’t want his legacy to be this lengthy trophy drought.

The Glazers don’t care beyond blasé PR. Cold hearted businessmen. Their approach is “let them eat cake” i.e. signings built around marketing potential.

The serious danger in their situ is that the Glaziers don't seem to understand that their brand/marketing profile isn't impervious to what's now a decade of downturn...... Particularly when it comes to on the direct footballing matters (i.e. attracting players etc.). Liverpool & Arse have shown us how that luster can fade over recent decades and vast overpayment on fees and wages won't fit with their broader financial model as they'll see ti as money that ought to be coming back to them in dividends.

Let it rain.

The serious danger in their situ is that the Glaziers don't seem to understand that their brand/marketing profile isn't impervious to what's now a decade of downturn...... Particularly when it comes to on the direct footballing matters (i.e. attracting players etc.). Liverpool & Arse have shown us how that luster can fade over recent decades and vast overpayment on fees and wages won't fit with their broader financial model as they'll see ti as money that ought to be coming back to them in dividends.

Let it rain.
Also they are paying something like £42m/year on interest but their level of debt has barely changed, still over £500m. Imagine if that was us?

I remember when the Glazers took over, some fans of one of their American sports teams were warning United fans of what was to come. They have turned out to be 100% accurate with their prediction.

Back
Top Bottom