Come here to laugh at United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

..........Or it's just the kind of non-trackable wank that shit journo's rattle out to grab a few column inches in and make a cynical grab at claiming an "exclusive" the moment they smell blood.

There's no particular benefit to a club leaking such inconsequential fluff to the media....... They'll sack who they want and won't do so unless feel they have legitimate cause (whatever the reason is).... And they won't have to explain themselves.

I think they assume that a manager will have some strong support among their customers. Discrediting the manager makes it easier to get shot of him

The optics don't look good if you lose and not playing well but let the man live, it's his birthday - if a man can't go out and enjoy himself on his birthday then that doesn't mean he's a cunt or he's a terrible person, it means he's literally celebrating his birthday, there's nothing else to it.

I never understood this logic, it basically means Sheffield United or Burnley players can never leave their house for a social because they keep losing games, how does that work? Does that extend to the players who's team lost but didn't play and minutes or any part in the match? When do they get to go out, when they win? Should Sheffield Utd cancel their Xmas party because they haven't won yet this season?

If anything Rashford is one of the footballers who has actually given back to his community and advocated and raised awareness for an important issue this govt has failed to do, if anything he shouldn't be facing any scrutiny compared to your average footballer who don't give back.

People just need to learn to separate footballers from human beings.

By the way I don't understand c) "Pretending to me a man of the people by doing symbolic work" - What does that mean?
It's amazing how offended some rather odd people are about a sportsman giving,back to his own community. They baffle me. Maybe their just maniacally partisan Tories who felt he embarrassed their team.Its a bellwether of how weponised the media is that, it has lead people to deride and question the integrity of others for simple acts of charity. We used to be better than this. As for his earnings he gives a not inconsiderable chunk of it away. I'd not want to be 'a man" of a sizable rump of of these people in any way. He's a slightly above average forward who is streaky and has stagnated. He used his early promise to get a great contract and to his credit uses it to make life better for quite a few others, more power to him it's a short career and his has peaked.

Last edited:
It's amazing how offended some rather odd people are about a sportsman giving,back to his own community. They baffle me. Maybe they’re just maniacally partisan Tories who felt he embarrassed their team.Its a bellwether of how weponised the media is that it has lead people to deride and question the integrity of others for simple acts of charity. We used to be better than this. As for his earnings he gives a not inconsiderable chuck of it away. I'd not want to be 'a man" of a sizable rump of some of these people.
Agree for the most part…. Except for the Henderson situation. What a hypocrite. If you don’t practice what you preach, whats the real intent behind the preach?

I just don’t like Rashford. I think he’s one of those players that hides when the going gets tough and I think he’s more worried about his image than anything else. Contrast him with someone like Saka who works hard and performs for his team every week. They both signed huge contracts in the summer. One rested on his laurels, the other kept his form going and pushed on.

If I was offered the chance to sign one or the other I’d pick Saka straight away.

I just don’t like Rashford. I think he’s one of those players that hides when the going gets tough and I think he’s more worried about his image than anything else. Contrast him with someone like Saka who works hard and performs for his team every week. They both signed huge contracts in the summer. One rested on his laurels, the other kept his form going and pushed on.

If I was offered the chance to sign one or the other I’d pick Saka straight away.
Compare Rashford to N’Dombele

How is he looking now?

That's the symptom of his club and his enviroment, put Saka at Man Utd and Rashford at Woolwich and they are most probably swapping trajectories.

He doesn't hide he just isn't that good. Every season has a purple patch where he looks top class, sometimes Long sometimes Short but he always reverts to mean.

People that rate him concentrate on the purple patch rather than his more often norm

United's problems stem from the way the entire club has been mismanaged.

They are the biggest club in the world, yet have outdated training facilities and an outdated stadium. They traded in local talent who loved the club for mercenaries looking for a quick buck.

The entire club is living in the shadow of past glory.

I've said it before, the obscene money handed out to these guys is the big problem. If you burst onto the scene, you are hot property and clubs want to tie you down to a long contract on big money. You might only be 21 or 22, getting millions each month for the next 5-8 years. It takes a special person to stay grounded and keep working their ass off to keep improving. Unfortunately, many take their foot off the gas once they've gotten the big contract, they are already made for life, where's the incentive to keep pushing yourself??

Even most non-league side can sort their kit out. So many clues to the absolute state of the clubs board and back offices.
And its one thing if the kits are poorly made, which seems to be the case with Castore. A lot of teams are complaining about their kits.

It is a completely other thing if the club just bought too small kits. Then that's on the club. Other clubs don't seem to have the same issues with Adidas.

United were just incredibly lucky last season, their defence massively outperformed their stats, Casemiro played incredible all season and Rashford had a long purple patch.

They got the easiest runs to cup finals possible - we would kill for the runs they got.

In the league, Spurs Liverpool and Chelsea imploded and Villa started the season with Gerrard. Only Newcastle and Brighton provided competition.

They still managed to only finish second in their Europa group.

This year, the defence has loads of injuries, Casemiro is no longer super human, Rashford is in a shit streak - which he is very prone to. Tottenham and Liverpool are miles better and the CL is tougher than the Europa.

Even most non-league side can sort their kit out. So many clues to the absolute state of the clubs board and back offices.
Socks too tight is just bollox, it just means they are hard to put on, once on though they stretch and will be like wearing a glove. Surely loose socks are worse?

Onana can say what he wants about the kit - we all know he is poor

Kind of get what you're saying but its a team sport. I think Saka is the better player too but he has a much better team around him

A few good points on Ratcliffe and what the media are overlooking

I am sceptical the glaziers will give up any power to him. All they are doing is getting a payout whilst keeping control of the club.

Back
Top Bottom