Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off topic, but has anyone else seen their next 7 fixtures?

Tottenham - Away
Man utd - Away
Chelsea - Home
Liverpool - Home
West brom - Away
Everton - Home
Woolwich - Away

They are fucked! :dawsonlol: :baelol: :kaboullol: :levylol: :king: :lineker: :akabusi:

Lol, as a West Ham fan I can let you deluded lot know that Millwall will always be considered our rivals.

With regards to the visit to your wonderful part of London it is seen along with Chelsea and Woolwich as a derby game and no more, your fans build it up by telling us how
1. we will lose big time
2. our fans will get a slap
3. we are a feeder club for spurs
4. you see as a small club like orient.

Yet currently league positions tell a different story until maybe Sunday, I live among many Spurs fans who actually go and watch the matches and their opinion of West Ham and their fans differs a lot from these internet warrior postings.

I hope Sundays game is as exciting as some I have seen in the past over the Lane and I would take a draw thanks, surely Tottenham do not want to set a new premium league record and lose 4 in a row ?? lol and have it turn into Oh NOvember.......

Plenty of people here "actually go" to games thanks. And there's nothing "Internet warrior" about not particularly caring about your club.

Plenty of people here "actually go" to games thanks. And there's nothing "Internet warrior" about not particularly caring about your club.

Lol and whats your biggest game ? The Arse away maybe .. most look like they were all posting on here during that match along with you matey :bale2:

Lol and whats your biggest game ? The Arse away maybe .. most look like they were all posting on here during that match along with you matey :bale2:

What? I wasn't at that game, so I don't go to games? Do you go to every single game home and away then? What a stupid comment.

Enjoying football being played the West Ham way under fat Sam? I bet Bobby Moore is looking down and wondering what the fuck happened. Your hopes of an exciting game end with fat Sam and his long ball mentality DEFEND and hope to nick a goal that's the fat Sam way.

Someone taught a west ham fan to type?

Using my knuckles, you get used to it after a number of years ...

"Enjoying football being played the West Ham way under fat Sam? "

To be honest no... there are spells in all the games where we hold the ball and play great football on the ground, but to deny long ball does not exist in any team then you are def deluded, BFS just likes to get the ball up there quicker than most lol. A season back in the premier then build on that will do us.

"What? I wasn't at that game, so I don't go to games? Do you go to every single game home and away then? What a stupid comment."

Not really a stupid comment just factual. Your biggest game of the season as you all remind everyone and where are you ?, in your bedroom typing away while your wife/mum prepares the dinner.

Someone taught a west ham fan to type?

monkey-typewriter-1.jpg

Complete works of Shakespeare to follow in T-1,000,000 years

"What? I wasn't at that game, so I don't go to games? Do you go to every single game home and away then? What a stupid comment."

Not really a stupid comment just factual. Your biggest game of the season as you all remind everyone and where are you ?, in your bedroom typing away while your wife/mum prepares the dinner.

It's the most in-demand away game of our season, if you're not a season ticket holder with 260+ loyalty points accrued over the last four years then you're not going. That would be why not many of us went.

What is it with their perceived rivarly and this notion from them that we are their biggest enemies? I'm been hearing this shit from loads of them for over a decade. I once has an argument with a bloke who said that I, as a Spurs fan, was talking shit, by saying the rivarly wasn't seen the same way by us!!

It's like they are without an opposite (such as we have Woolwich) so that have picked us out of the London clubs, and have now deluded themselves into thing we are a two way conflict.

It's terribly sad really, but where does it come from? The old holligan days maybe?

You have hit the nail on the head when you mention the old hooligan days.
Obviously the Goons are top of the list in terms of rivalry for a number of reasons. West ham were not far behind them back in the day mostly due to the hooligan element and as someone else mentioned, the fan base locality. The Bluenoses were a distant third in terms of rivalry due to the fact that they were normally one or two divisions away, and yes so we're the Hammers I hear you say, yes they were, but they have always been up and down like a pair of Whores draws, so basically when the fixture lists came out this would be the second game you looked for.
I remember the days when I was growing up ( yeh I know, blatant old fart I hear you say) but it's true nethertheless, the school playground support consisted of Yids, Goons and Spammers, Chavski were very few in numbers, in fact I can only remember one in my year, The scousers and Manure had more if I'm honest, and I grew up in Stevenage.
This was all pretty much mirrored once I left school and started drinking down the pub and going to matches. Even now, there isn't much Chelsea banter, does anyone remember pre facelift Stamford bridge with just a few thousand in it, I swear some games there seemed to be more people in mobility vehicles parked behind the goals than there was on the terraces.
I would imagine that the Spammers that the OP refers too would definatley come from this era and that is why they hold on to this idea that they are our biggest rivals after the Goons.

OldHarlow I also know West Ham fans who have told me themselves that they see this as more of a derby than we do. Everyone knows how much you lot care about this game, you were singing "Tottenham Hotspur we're coming for you" in the Championship for fuck sake.

Agree that they see it as much more of a rivalry than we do.

They have a sense of humour though - who remembers them throwing toilet rolls on the pitch at Lasagna-gate, and saying Tottenham were in white shirts and brown shorts?

There was once a mention on the bbc of an incident at Cardiff, where the announcer cheekily asked for the person who had parked their horse and cart outside the ground to please move it, to which they all chorussed "You're just a small town near Swansea"

I watched this game in a quiet family pub in Nottingham, there was an spammers fan there on his own shouting his mouth off to everyone who'd listen about how he'd not been to sleep yet and how he'd missed his train and all his mates had left him after a stag doo.

Once he clocked me and my mate where Spurs fans he'd offered me outside, told me West Ham's team was better in every position and asked me to buy him a beer in the space of about five minutes.

Sweet sweet karma.

Back
Top Bottom