Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty shocking really, when you consider the same designers are behind this shit show and our new stadium. Haven't covered themselves in glory at all, but, to be fair, they were asked to put lipstick on a pig to be used for purposes very much contrary to their original design.

It's been tried before but failed miserably..

reality_apprentice_karen_2.jpg

You could always lift the back stands to make an angle but that would take even more money, sure magic Brady has a plan.

: ostrich:

My bet is her plan is to put some covers in where the gaps are with the club crest on. That's basically all they can do without rebuilding the stadium. It'll make it look less bad, but it will remain just as bad as it is now. I seriously don't think the gap will be a problem next season though because they wont sell enough seats to fill the rear stands!

Pretty shocking really, when you consider the same designers are behind this shit show and our new stadium. Haven't covered themselves in glory at all, but, to be fair, they were asked to put lipstick on a pig to be used for purposes very much contrary to their original design.

Wonder if Levy made some suggestions to them on how to 'improve' West Ham's stadium.

I think you are right though that the difference is that they had to work with what they had already, plus two different groups wanting two different things (one a football ground, the other an athletics arena). I also think Levy is a much better businessman than Brady and the others at West Ham; he knows what he wants and works on the details to make sure it ends up a good product. West Ham come across very amateur to me when it comes to business. Yes, you can argue that they are good at negotiations, but I suspect that has more to do with the other side's people wanting to give them a stupidly good deal, knowing that the stadium would be an ill-fit for purpose. One thing I am wondering is how locked in West Ham are...anyone know? They're on a 99 year lease, but if the fans stop turning up and all hate the stadium, long term they may have to move to a proper football stadium in order to stay as a premier league club.

My bet is her plan is to put some covers in where the gaps are with the club crest on. That's basically all they can do without rebuilding the stadium. It'll make it look less bad, but it will remain just as bad as it is now. I seriously don't think the gap will be a problem next season though because they wont sell enough seats to fill the rear stands!

In the mock ups there was claret fabric with the logo on filling the gaps.
However, that is really not down to them what the fabric loos like is it? If it was all the seats would be coloured how they wanted them. There would be more branding.
Anyway it's like the track, cover it all you want it's still there and they know it.
Like Mr Levy said. It's not fit for football and they knew it. But to make sure they got it they fucked their fans over.

The seats behind the new temporary seats are part of the stadium itself so if they want to use them they would need some sort of lifting mechanisms which would need to be built under them to push them up about 50-60 ft higher, that would be insanely challenging and require much of the stadium structure and foundations to be rebuilt.

I kind of imagine when this was sold to the Hammers fans many expected some cartoon transformers stadium that gets on its legs and moves around not breeze blocks and wires.

Optimus Stadium, transforms from athletics venue in to pikey caravan.

In the mock ups there was claret fabric with the logo on filling the gaps.
However, that is really not down to them what the fabric loos like is it? If it was all the seats would be coloured how they wanted them. There would be more branding.
Anyway it's like the track, cover it all you want it's still there and they know it.
Like Mr Levy said. It's not fit for football and they knew it. But to make sure they got it they fucked their fans over.

Some west ham fans are rightly pissed off, they feel their own club has conned them because they've upgraded their seat package but got worse seats. How shit would your own club have to be to screw you, the fan, over?

I imagine they would be allowed to control the fabric colour/logo because it is only temporary and only used when in football mode. But even then, it is just a bit of fabric to cover the shit gap dividing up the stands. Fabric. I have not seen another football stadium like that with a gap, covered or not. Anyone seen anything like that before?

How long did Juve do at the Delle Alpi before realising it wasn't fit for purpose? West Ham are nowhere near as successful and once the fans realise how much of atmosphere vacuum the place is I'm sure they'll be calling for a smaller more intimidating venue. They'll prob have to go cap in hand to somewhere like MK. 'Milton Keynes New Spanners'

"I needed binoculars frankly. The players felt far away. Everything about Stratford is sterile and soulless. The concrete bowl stadium with the exterior cladding panels that try and disguise that it's just a soulless concrete bowl with a black steel frame and a running track buried under the temporary seats and tarpaulin"

"A twenty minute walk to the stadium (its not really a 'ground') from the nearest decent pub, but that's OK as who would want to loiter in a vast warehouse to drink frothy crap beer anyway. My season ticket is Band 2, which means its the second most expensive, but the distance from the pitch means that its like watching a game of Subuteo from the end of the living room. I was expecting to be able to at least see the numbers on the players backs".

"Despite having watched WHU for forty-five years, a point was reached at 70 minutes in when I seriously contemplated never coming back again. Now i know what those die-hard Gunners must feel when they experience Drayton Park (sorry the 'Emirates') week in, week out. There was absolutely no atmosphere tonight"

:king: :ade: :sandroscream: :dawsonlol: :bentley: :akabusi: :allitongue: :sonlol:

As much as all this is hilarious, I was just thinking to myself for a second "imagine it were Spurs."

I realise that in all reality Levy would probably never have allowed it to happen but what if?
I'd be fucking devastated to have to go somewhere like that. It really would be a big part of my life ripped apart.

I know it's only football and there are far more important things in life but it would just make me so .. sad.
Thank fuck for that dodged bullet / master plan / genuine loss on the OS bid.

I do actually feel sorry for the genuine fans. I have a few family members who having been going to WH for over 50yrs, poor sods, I'll have to ask them about it.

Spam in for benteke now? Should get him. They can afford his price tag and therefore his wages, should be a done deal . Who else is in the running
Everton, crystal palace?

Aye, fair play to Levy on sticking to his guns over the need to knock down and rebuild the stadium if we went there. I was getting the inside info at the time as my brother in law was one of the senior architects on the project.

Most Championship clubs have better facilities. Anyway here are pics of the newly refurbished Rush Green training ground.
CpK44bmWEAAgEQy.jpg

CpGXOQNXYAAq6nF.jpg

CpK44fXWYAE_vwT.jpg

CpK45BuXYAEBldl.jpg

CpK45DOXEAAbQbq.jpg

CpKzsSmWYAAVOYy.jpg

Lier!

CpK7M7YWEAARCXA.jpg

CpK7M7dXgAAsLdy.jpg

CpK7M7hWYAAJKdi.jpg

Google Map view:
Google Maps
:eriksenlol::pochlol::vert::walker-scream:

new?
its only got 3 pitches. no all weather pitch either.

maybe they are gonna borrow the one at the school next door.

Thats not finished, surely? no pool. Ive seen schools in croydon that are better equipped. state schools.

Back
Top Bottom