Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

latest

:harrylol:

Spam fan comment on the Guardian article about the window, club by club:

West Ham have done, flat out, bad business this window. Yes we've signed four players, but other than Hart none of them upgrades the squad that started last season, or even the season before that. Arnnautovic reaplces Payet, Zabaleta annd Chicharito fill holes that have been present in the squad ever since Slav joined - accepting that the striker hole exists because Carroll and Sakho can't stay fit for five minutes between them.

The decision to not let Sakho leave is bafflingly short-sighted - he's been toxic for about 18 months, clearly doesn't want to play for us, and in January can agree a pre-contract with a club to leave for nothing next summer. So we've just lost out on ~£10m - shocking from three 'business' people who run the club. On top of that he's our fifth choice striker, with him being told he's behinnd Ayew and Antonio, as well as clearly Chicharito and Carroll - hardly irreplaceable, and with the highly rated Toni Martinez in the wings a replacement wasn't necessary.

Considering we could have immediately spent that money on the shortfall in the Carvalho fee and got a player that the manager - and team - is desperate for, it's awful.

Overall, combined with the business from the previous two windows, we have stood still with where we were at the end of the summer window 2015, with the exception of Joe Hart being in goal. We've not markedly improved in any other position - and with two years added to the legs of certain players we've clearly regressed.

The board has a lot to answer for. Slav might have issues on the pitch, but not moving for a player he wants - and indeed the 'DoF' Sullivan being an absolute mark for himself and signing players that don't fit the system he wants to play (Chicharito as a lone striker? Zabaleta as a marauding right back?) because they have name value - over a couple of million Euros is shameful. And even if it's not Carvalho - if we had ~£30m to spend and the manager wanted a defensive midfielder, why is one not at the club right now?

Add on to that that the 'net' spend (boring, I know) is very low with no major outgoings - where as some clubs like Spurs or Swansea have a notable departure that have made it possible to retain funds - and I think fans are rightfully asking where has the money gone?

We've got a long, long season ahead of us. If Slav is still here in December, I'll be stunned.

I just read this bit and had to laugh......

Spurs are doing well, any club that isn't one of the regular top four that does a bit better is going to get that happy glow feeling, but what they haven't noticed in all that reflected glory is they have become a selling club, £68m worth of players went out, their best player to, and if they don't hang in their this season the moaners there will make the Gooner whiners look like amateurs, which is their natural state.

Yes mate we must be a selling club, we have sold our best player...... remind me which one that was that again?

Fucking Idiot

Spurs are doing well, any club that isn't one of the regular top four that does a bit better is going to get that happy glow feeling, but what they haven't noticed in all that reflected glory is they have become a selling club, £68m worth of players went out, their best player to, and if they don't hang in their this season the moaners there will make the Gooner whiners look like amateurs, which is their natural state.

Yes mate we must be a selling club, we have sold our best player...... remind me which one that was that again?

Fucking Idiot
Fuckkkkk... I missed that we sold Harry Kane? No, Christian Eriksen Hugo Lloris Alderweireld Vertonghen Dele Dembele Rose Wanyama? Oh, Kyle Walker, gotcha.

Fucking idiots. They'll probably be relegated and yet they're talking shit about how much we're going to suffer this season?

Fucking Idiot
Holy shit. 'Sold our best player'? Gun to my head, I'd have said Walker was the weakest player in our starting XI.
:dembelelol:

Fucking Idiot

As much as I'd like to laugh, if a rival fan came on here at the wrong time, they'd hear stuff like that from some posters on here.
:avbshit:

West Ham boss Slaven Bilic rejected the chance to sign both Renato Sanches and Grzegorz Krychowiak this summer, according to Hammers joint-chairman David Sullivan.

"Grzegorz Krychowiak and Renato Sanches were both offered to the manager before their switches elsewhere, but he told us that he is happy with the squad he has," he said.

"As a Board we are behind Slaven, and he believes he has the tools to turn around our form and rectify our disappointing start to the season."

:adethumbup: Yeah, ok mate

So transparent. How many more bad results until Slaven gets the chop? I'd say 2 max.

Back
Top Bottom