Come here to laugh at West Spam

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of claims of not being bothered by this on here, yet it comes across as very sour grapes. Some of you need to grow up and admit that thfc fucking up isnt the fault of any other club. Silverware is where it’s really at, but unfortunately when you run for too long by a bean counting accountant with the charisma of a block of cheese, this is what you get.
If I was a west ham fan I would be celebrating. It's a real achievement for a club like west ham.

If you’re a club without mega rich owners (oil or national state) then this trophy and the Europa league are exactly the aim. That includes THFC.
The Europa league is definatly an achievement for any club I agree. The conference was an achievement for westham, although I think the creators of it are raising questions as it was intended for the fringe european countries. Hence the size of the stadiums for finals. Perhaps they will create another to suit for what this was intended

The Europa league is definatly an achievement for any club I agree. The conference was an achievement for westham, although I think the creators of it are raising questions as it was intended for the fringe european countries. Hence the size of the stadiums for finals. Perhaps they will create another to suit for what this was intended
West ham would never win a major European trophy so the competition is giving small clubs the chance at a European trophy.
Next season villa, another club who are more starved than us.

So although not fringe countries I think it's still doing a decent job.

West ham would never win a major European trophy so the competition is giving small clubs the chance at a European trophy.
Next season villa, another club who are more starved than us.

So although not fringe countries I think it's still doing a decent job.
It wasn't the intention though (hence the stadium size X2). So another one conference 2?

There in that next season as they were last season and at the final stages of too. Lets just admit they’re having fun. Good luck to them.

Seeing and hearing cunts already talking about how they are bigger than spurs, won more than spurs etc. fucking turn it in.

We've been awful with getting silverware under ENIC, but even a count over the last 40 years between their two trophies makes them look stupid there.
We've won 7 in-between their fa Cup and the European Johnson paint trophy, they are deluded.... however, we need to start putting some silverware in the cabinet bloody quickly.

Why do they keep calling this a major European trophy. I would be interested in knowing what the minor ones are then. Made up tinpot WiFi passwords cup
It's 100% NOT a "major trophy". It was specifically set up for clubs outside the elite, both to experience longer European runs and as a money redistribution method. No PL team should even be in it (West Ham are the 15th richest club in the world!! Roma are one of the 4 major Italian Clubs).

The label "major trophy" is being applied because as you say, what are the minor ones. You can't "market" a "minor trophy".

In CL you have to finish in your domestic league's top 4 (in some leagues just the top 2 and I think in a couple it's just Champions(??) - You have to be a very good team.

With the EL it is also the "true" Cup Winners Cup now - so there is more achievement about it. It is 'for' the major leagues and clubs. Even in the old format, it was still hugely prestigious. It was for cup winners, and for most of football history winning a domestic cup (and thereby the Cup Winners Cup) was a massive thing.

The ECL rewards nothing, no achievement at all that's because it was set up for smaller leagues.

If you’re a club without mega rich owners (oil or national state) then this trophy and the Europa league are exactly the aim. That includes THFC.
West Ham are the 15th richest club on the planet.

There are only 3 (Man City, PSG & Newcastle) State-owned Clubs in Elite football, 3 teams don't even make a semi-final round.

The ECL was set up specifically for the smaller European leagues.

West Ham are the 15th richest club on the planet.

There are only 3 (Man City, PSG & Newcastle) State-owned Clubs in Elite football, 3 teams don't even make a semi-final round.

The ECL was set up specifically for the smaller European leagues.
Yeah, but unfortunately for us and them there are only 4 spots to qualify, and two of those you listed are in England, And by the time any other clubs get round to becoming mega rich, it will just become the new norm for keeping up with the crowd. Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea will all get their act together and that leaves several clubs who expect champions league qualification and at least 2 to 3 will always miss out. So rather than dismiss trophies as being beneath them in a bitter sulk off. Embrace it and have a great end to the season.

Winning the FA Cup = Europa League place
Finishing 5th in the season just gone = Europa League place
Winning The Europa Conference = Europa League place

Had we won that trophy last night, the majority of Spurs fans would be overjoyed and celebrating.

Some of you need to take your head out of your arse.

Back
Top Bottom