Coronavirus Crisis

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we continue to have crowds at football stadiums?

• Yes

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • No

Votes: 76 81.7%

• Total voters
I’m not sure suspending would work. This pandemic is only going to get worse in the next few months. Abandoning the season would be the only thing that is really fair on most

yeah it’s awful for Leeds and West Brom but people’s safety is the most important thing

If this season goes to December, we could rejig the whole system.
World cup Jan 2022
African cup Jan.
So start the season in Feruary to May. Mid season break and transfer window June to mid Aug. Finale Sept to Dec.
Just think CL final in Dec so it will never be played in Russia again !
If your team fails, get spankingly drunk over Christmas then onto the new season.
The more I type this, it is obvious.

Player signing fees may collapse if no top flight football for a while.

PL will survive the financial consequences.

Lower league will be affected financially and their survival.

Life is more important than money.

I haven't read this whole thread, or all news articles, but does anyone have an idea or link to an article regarding what happens with next years CL places?

If it came to a vote you have to think Norwich, West Ham, Watford, Villa, Bournemouth and Brighton would support sacking off the season. It doesn't make any difference to Chelsea and City, they will be in the Champions League next season either way. If we support the idea then we just need 2 mid-table teams that have nothing at stake on board and the votes are there.

Liverpool, Leicester, Sheffield United, Wolves and Man U have most to lose.

Haha almost.

Have you ever met anyone that likes Mrs Brown's Boys? I have been asking around now since it graced our screens, I've genuinely never ever met a single person that watches it let alone even likes it. Every review I've seen stinks the place out yet there it is, peak viewing hours continually.

Eamon O’Carroll?

I wonder if this is going to cause the shift in games and seasons enough that they'll be able to line it all up for the winter Qatar world cup or is that looking too far ahead. I hope that makes sense.
That's what I was thinking - kind of take a 3 to 4 year view on this whole thing.

Or is that much too sensible?

Back
Top Bottom