Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's awesome, could easily become my favourite player. Love how passionate and determined he is. There was a moment towards the end of the game when he tackled Declan Rice late and Rice was pissed off with him but Romero didn't care. It's about time we had a quality player who is a shithouse. His passing and just general play oozes confidence and skill. Class player.
The anti-Sanchez basically. Man is never stressed. Yes he collects yellows like it's fucking game of pokemon, but this is not a player who's gonna end up on his arse trying to just clear a ball.

The anti-Sanchez basically. Man is never stressed. Yes he collects yellows like it's fucking game of pokemon, but this is not a player who's gonna end up on his arse trying to just clear a ball.
100%

There was a great example of him getting out of trouble in the 2nd half where he was defending at the corner flag and he played his way out of trouble. Brilliant player who will hopefully only get better,

He also loves rampaging forward. The amount of times he ends up in the the opposition box is ridiculous. A lot of our good attacks start with his excellent passing.

A defenders first job is to defend, but those first two numbers are absolutely criticial in how we controlled the game against Spam.

Did a really good job neutralising Antonio.

Gangsta.

monophy.gif

100%

There was a great example of him getting out of trouble in the 2nd half where he was defending at the corner flag and he played his way out of trouble. Brilliant player who will hopefully only get better,

He also loves rampaging forward. The amount of times he ends up in the the opposition box is ridiculous. A lot of our good attacks start with his excellent passing.

Good game and glad he avoided a yellow. He can only get 1 yellow card in next 3 matches or if he gets 2 he is suspended for 2 matches. If he can avoid that against Antonio and in a local derby then hopefully will get through.

Things you notice in the ground but would have missed when I watch on telly, Eric Deir never stopped talking to him( I think it was in Spanish.) He may have his limitations but hes certainly helping Romeo. I don't know where we find a dominant strong in the air left-centerback but it's a real must. No disrespect to Davis but we need stronger

Things you notice in the ground but would have missed when I watch on telly, Eric Deir never stopped talking to him( I think it was in Spanish.) He may have his limitations but hes certainly helping Romeo. I don't know where we find a dominant strong in the air left-centerback but it's a real must. No disrespect to Davis but we need stronger
Gleison Bremer from Torino (who we're linked with) seems in the air and dribbling, but hopeless at passing. Stats are always hard to judge tbh.

Gleison Bremer from Torino (who we're linked with) seems in the air and dribbling, but hopeless at passing. Stats are always hard to judge tbh.

Intresting Conte likes passing CB but looks like he'd do the other stuff. I'm a bit scared of really poor CB on the ball teams just let Sanchez have it knowing he'll shortly give it them back.

Someone players and managers have said that one of Dier's biggest advantages is that he speaks several languages. That alone helps us control and dictate the team/defense.

What in the hell is this fuckwittery? Why would they fly him all the way out, on the pretence that his ban “might” be reduced, to play in a completely pointless fixture as Argentina are already qualified???

I don’t know who’s worse the Argentinian FA of ourselves for allowing him to go.
Could you imagine City, Liverpool, Chavs etc allowing this? No chance.

Ashley Williams has compared Tottenham Hotspur central defender Cristian Romero to Liverpool star Virgil van Dijk on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One (10:48pm, March 20, 2022) after watching him in action against West Ham United.

The former Everton central defender was impressed by Romero’s performance during Tottenham’s win against West Ham at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in the Premier League on Sunday.

The MOTD pundit has outlined the attributes of the 23-year-old Argentina international centre-back, and believes that he is like Tottenham’s very own Van Dijk.

Williams said about Romero: “He is tough, he is solid, he is strong, he likes the battle, he does not shy away from it at all. He is brave enough to step in to try and win things in front.

“There are comparisons with Virgil van Dijk, upper-body strength, doesn’t get beat much in a one v one.”

I enjoyed his performance but has to play seriously. He was too casual sometimes, I want our players to be comfortable on the ball in tight areas but sometimes he dawdles and invites unnecessary pressure or plays insane passes in our own half when the only option is to hoof.

He is also still majorly bad on crosses, the chance that Antonio smashed into the sky at the back post came from Romero just letting a cross float past him at chest height and failing to clear.

He certainly brings more positives than negatives to the team when he plays and as Conte always says, he has great space for improvement too which is a good thing. If he works on his game he can be elite. Just has to take every action in the game seriously and be focused.

I enjoyed his performance but has to play seriously. He was too casual sometimes, I want our players to be comfortable on the ball in tight areas but sometimes he dawdles and invites unnecessary pressure or plays insane passes in our own half when the only option is to hoof.

He is also still majorly bad on crosses, the chance that Antonio smashed into the sky at the back post came from Romero just letting a cross float past him at chest height and failing to clear.

He certainly brings more positives than negatives to the team when he plays and as Conte always says, he has great space for improvement too which is a good thing. If he works on his game he can be elite. Just has to take every action in the game seriously and be focused.

Conte does not want to play hoofball.

I thought he was great yesterday. Bullied Antonio early on and let him know he was there and kept him quiet all game. Interesting that when Antonio dropped deep in to midfield to recieve the ball as a sort of false 9, Romero just followed him and pressed him way out of position which you love to see and i guess something the 3/5 at the back gives him the freedom to do.

Great to see he's comfortable playing out from the back too with the a few one-twos with Doherty although it does make me nervous when we're getting pressed and try to play out just outside our own box!

Back
Top Bottom