Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Intresting Conte likes passing CB but looks like he'd do the other stuff. I'm a bit scared of really poor CB on the ball teams just let Sanchez have it knowing he'll shortly give it them back.
This is why Pau Torres would be my first choice.

Having someone on the left who's just as good in possession as Romero would be insane.

He might not be as strong defensively but he gives us more height and great balance in that back 3.

Personally would have gone for.......

...........Suits his psychopath nature.

Fucking love that SO much! :pochhail:

I saw Lalo Schifrin do a live show of all his sick 60s/70s movie soundtracks once......

15-20 minute suites for each film; Dirty Harry, Enter The Dragon, Bullit, Mission Impossible, Manix etc..... Stunning!

A mate did a sneeky bootleg recording off the sound-desk, but to this day I've never managed get a copy. :dawsonmean:

This is why Pau Torres would be my first choice.

Having someone on the left who's just as good in possession as Romero would be insane.

He might not be as strong defensively but he gives us more height and great balance in that back 3.

If we could get skriniar in the centre we would have as good a back 3 as anywhere. I know he is a player we have been linked with in the past but with Conte someone like him and Pau are in theory gettable.

Fucking love that SO much! :pochhail:

I saw Lalo Schifrin do a live show of all his sick 60s/70s movie soundtracks once......

15-20 minute suites for each film; Dirty Harry, Enter The Dragon, Bullit, Mission Impossible, Manix etc..... Stunning!

A mate did a sneeky bootleg recording off the sound-desk, but to this day I've never managed get a copy. :dawsonmean:
You lucky devil! I'd give my right nut to see that (although that would require me to truncate my username).

He's very old school in a way. You read about the great old school defenders and they all say, "yeah I'd get a couple hard tackles in on opponent's CF in the first ten minutes to let them know I was there."

Romero has been described as aggressive and worse, reckless. But you can see it serves a purpose. Antonio looked shit scared trying to receive the ball with his back to goal because he knew Romero might be there kicking through the back of his legs.

He plays in a way that unsettles opponents, which is good for a defender. It'll bite him in the ass from time to time, but most of the time he's winning the ball and subsequently getting in the attacker's heads.

I just love the way he plays out from the back. It is exciting. Back in the days BAE had this nonchalance about him near our box.

And at least once a game he puts a smile on my face. Be it a daring dribble or pass or just a crunching tackle.

Last edited:
He's very old school in a way. You read about the great old school defenders and they all say, "yeah I'd get a couple hard tackles in on opponent's CF in the first ten minutes to let them know I was there."

Romero has been described as aggressive and worse, reckless. But you can see it serves a purpose. Antonio looked shit scared trying to receive the ball with his back to goal because he knew Romero might be there kicking through the back of his legs.

He plays in a way that unsettles opponents, which is good for a defender. It'll bite him in the ass from time to time, but most of the time he's winning the ball and subsequently getting in the attacker's heads.
Yep , Antonio got frustrated then took it out on Dier and should have been sent off , if the ref and VAR had been doing their jobs properly

I just love the way he plays out from the back. It is exciting. Back in the days BAE had this nonchalance about him near our box.

And at least once a game he puts a smile on my face. Be it a daring dribble or pass or just a crunching tackle.
Sometimes he's a little slow and loose with his passing, definitely see why he's a CB not a CM. Still, he's the best we've had since prime Vertoghen.

Alot of the comments from a few games back sound very skeptical about Cuti and go even as far as saying he "doesnt know how to defend". You don't get to be awarded the seríe a defender of the season at 22 yrs of age w/o knowing a thing or two about defending. Past winners of the award were Koulibaly and De Vrij mind you.

Glad that he seems to be finding form so quickly and a good run of games

He is natural defender born to defend and he loves to defend, hates to be beaten, a footballer with passion to defend. He is good with the ball too.

He's awesome, could easily become my favourite player. Love how passionate and determined he is. There was a moment towards the end of the game when he tackled Declan Rice late and Rice was pissed off with him but Romero didn't care. It's about time we had a quality player who is a shithouse. His passing and just general play oozes confidence and skill. Class player.

I spotted that, rice played a pass and cuti just shoved him in the back, rice turned around shouting and pointing at him. He’s the master of shit housery and we have been missing a player like that for a long long time

If we could get skriniar in the centre we would have as good a back 3 as anywhere. I know he is a player we have been linked with in the past but with Conte someone like him and Pau are in theory gettable.
I think there are plenty of options out there. I hope we go big for a Torres/Skriniar type and then supplement it with another in the rung below (transfer fee-wise) like Bremer, maybe De Vrij or that Liepzig bloke.

Back
Top Bottom