Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's averaging 7.22 this season. Chelsea game aside and I guess the own goal against Woolwich, he's been performing mostly above average. Orange line is the game average.

lnInOWS.png

He's averaging 7.22 this season. Chelsea game aside and I guess the own goal against Woolwich, he's been performing mostly above average. Orange line is the game average.

lnInOWS.png

Woolwich was hardly his fault.

Romero is next season away from being the best defender in the Premier League. By this time next season it will be beyond debate IMO.

People that think you just sell him and replace him easily are off their fucking head. You remember how long it took us to replace Kyle Walker? Just watch how long it takes LOLipool to replace Van Dijk.

People that think you just sell him and replace him easily are off their fucking head. You remember how long it took us to replace Kyle Walker? Just watch how long it takes LOLipool to replace Van Dijk.
Liverpool will replace VVD a lot quicker than we replaced Walker.
Because they won't be looking to replace a £50m, £200k a week player for £25m £70k a week nut job like Aurrier

Have we found a new world class forward since selling Kane?
Do we need one?
The 4 teams above us aren't exactly running away with the golden boot.

We've only failed to score once in 28 games this season.

I think with a few tactical tweeks, we could score more goals each game. Basic things like hurrying the fuck up.

If you want to see Romero surpass VVD then it's imperative that a true CDM not hybrid 6/8. to protect him and Micky is recruited. At this point Sarr Paulinha Bentancur. With Madison drifting centrally and wide right of Son (CF) and Nico Williams at left wide forward, would makes a better team both offensive and defensively. Looking at Bergval he could spell Maddisson. Then we could focus on at least identifying Son's eventual replacement.

I think we definitely need one
For me, it's the most tricky position to fill.
Short of City spending a fortune (and probably more in brown envelopes) for Haaland, who has really signed a top scorer in the PL for the last few years?
Nunes has been a let down, Hoijland (sp) is wish.com Haaland, Arse haven't bothered.

I'd say in 2023 summer window, the best striker anyone signed was Bayern signing Kane :roflmao:

We could blow £100m and they'd be as much of a disaster as Ndombele.

And when you think about it, probably the last striker we signed that was actually elite was Berbatov. Since then it's been the likes of Adebeyor, Soldado, Jansen, Richarlison,

The only decent striker we've had was an academy player

Looking at Bergval he could spell Maddisson. Then we could focus on at least identifying Son's eventual replacement.

Interesting point but I think you could be right.

With Bergvals Northern European roots it could take him time to learn how to spell Maddison. You are probably right - I think he will go double ss to begin with. Rookie error.

However once he does learn that particular spelling the sky’s the limit.
Maybe next up he could try Bissouma??
:sonhmm:

For me, it's the most tricky position to fill.
Short of City spending a fortune (and probably more in brown envelopes) for Haaland, who has really signed a top scorer in the PL for the last few years?
Nunes has been a let down, Hoijland (sp) is wish.com Haaland, Arse haven't bothered.

I'd say in 2023 summer window, the best striker anyone signed was Bayern signing Kane :roflmao:

We could blow £100m and they'd be as much of a disaster as Ndombele.

And when you think about it, probably the last striker we signed that was actually elite was Berbatov. Since then it's been the likes of Adebeyor, Soldado, Jansen, Richarlison,

The only decent striker we've had was an academy player

Imo we are ok with Son and Richy, we need a world class wide forward

Back
Top Bottom