Crystal Palace v Tottenham Hotspur (Jan 4th - 8pm) *sigh*

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I dont know how anyone can be motivated to care at this point. Until they announce the situation with Conte's contract I just cant bring myself to be as invested.

I'm at work during the game and for once I'll actually be doing work instead of watching it on TV.

I dont know how anyone can be motivated to care at this point. Until they announce the situation with Conte's contract I just cant bring myself to be as invested.

I'm at work during the game and for once I'll actually be doing work instead of watching it on TV.
It all comes down to one thing - winning football matches. If a team is playing and winning, all the other crap gets forgotten. We need a result against Palace and it's imperative that we beat the scum on the 15th. We have to do everything possible to stop those bastards from winning the league.

We won trophies before Conte and we'll win them long after he's gone. When one man leaves, another steps into his place.

COYS

Sit back. Invite pressure. Force errors and hit them on the break.

Oh....Shit, we conceded.

Don't worry lads. Sit back. Invite pressure. Force errors and hit them on the break.

Oh....Shit, we conceded again.

Don't worry lads. We'll get them now. Sit back. Invite pressure...... Oh wait, now they are sitting back. Erm, maybe pass the ball around a bit in midfield until they get tired.

OK, 20 mins left. We need 3 goals. Time for Subs.......Lets get bring on some more defenders. Royal/Sarr/Sess, lace your boots up!

Bloody ref.

I hate this fixture every season. Always seems to be a tricky tough tie. Even when they're off form, they seem to just be a difficult team for us to break down, always usually only a goal or so in this one.

It's the type of fixture that's got a scrappy 1-0 Palace win written all over it tbh especially on our form. I'd go with :

Lloris
Romero - Lenglet - Davies
Spence - Bissouma - Skipp - Hojbjerg - Doherty
Kulusevski - Kane
But I know he's going to go 2 in midfield and play Son AGAIN and I know Spence would be lucky to make the bench.

Just hoping Kulusevski is actually fit for this. He's the only player worth going to see right now with Bentancur out injured.

That’s a bit harsh. They support Spurs too. I’m sure it’s because of Son but it doesn’t make them lesser fans. We’re all Tottenham. A world wide fanbase is the evidence of a big club. Go to old Trafford, emirates, Anfield and it’s no difference, a diverse match day fan going experience
You're kidding yourself, right?
If Son moved to Man Utd tomorrow, you can GUARANTEE that a new South Korean contingent will be hotfooting up from London to be in attendance at Old Trafford....
...handy that, cos there will no doubt be a few extra empty seats up there now Ronaldo has left ...

I just hope all those Man Utd 'fans' can get flights to Saudi in time to watch their new favourite club Al Nasser compete for glory!

Last edited:
Selhurst on a Wednesday night, their fans and team will smell blood. Don't trust our players to show up to this one.

Ghastly fixture for where we find ourselves right now.....

Worse; this is our fix-up game before the NLD.

would be ideal game to start spence to be fair. palace have some fairly quick energetic players that he culd cancel out.

but starting spence would mean cunty swallowing some pride. so that isnt happening

.....Or just be torn apart by; because defensively he's green as fuck?

Last edited:
PEH is suspended I think after picking up his 5th yellow of the season?

Id like to see Harvey White in a 3 man midfield with Bissouma and Sarr. White playing further forward. Give the kid a chance.

Kulu and Kane up front. If Kulu isn’t fit then put either Perisic or Gil. Son needs to feel the bench under his backside. Last time it worked a treat v Leicester.

Id like to see Harvey White in a 3 man midfield with Bissouma and Sarr. White playing further forward. Give the kid a chance.

Kulu and Kane up front. If Kulu isn’t fit then put either Perisic or Gil. Son needs to feel the bench under his backside. Last time it worked a treat v Leicester.

.........Seriously?

Someone here said Biss had 5 yellows too.....

So potentially a midfield with no Bentancur, Biss or PEH.... No Kulu? No Richy? No Lucas.........

Bascially; Skipp & Sarr with 6 months of game-rust + no bench. FML. :contefacepalm:

.........Seriously?

So potentially a midfield with no Bentancur, Biss or PEH.... No Kulu? No Richy? No Lucas.........

Bascially; Skipp & Sarr with 6 months of game-rust + no bench. FML. :contefacepalm:
Hojbjerg has only 1 YC this league season, chill Bissouma is banned though.

.........Seriously?

Maybe I’m mistaken. I picked it up off the Ali Gold YouTube vid - 90 mins long but actually refreshingly interesting - and maybe it’s Bissouma who is suspended. I was making a cup of tea at the time so I might had misheard - he said we have to blood Sarr or Skipp for the Palace game due to a suspension. I thought it was PEH but I’m probably mistaken...

Back
Top Bottom