Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't drop points the same way, what must be 15 times now, and keep your job. It shows that you aren't evolving, aren't trying to fix the issues. I was initially on board with giving him another window to get some decent defenders in, but I'm not convinced that things will change, even if that were to happen. You can't let teams run at you for a half, whilst you're sitting on a 1-0 lead, and expect to come away with the points. He has to be moved on.

Why sack him before the final?

Jose has a good record in finals.

Ryan Mason will tell the lads to have fun and City will rip through us.

spurs were never in a million years winning the final under Jose, regardless of his record. Have you not watched us the last 6 months ? He has completely lost the dressing room. We will probably get beat anyway, but I have that small glimmer of hope back now. At least Mason might actually play people like Bale. Attacking mentality for once. Can’t wait.

Its a daily update. It will consist of a "NO" or a "YES", even if it takes 3 years.
tenor.gif

The silence in the Jose thread after we beat Wolfpellets last week says it all. It feels like nobody takes any joy in us winning. Just smug gloating when we lose. Anybody who dares to celebrate us winning a match is a Jose plant and not a real Spurs fan. I mean unironically making your profile pic of a manager from another team says it all.

If Jose gets the boot soon then the drunken giddiness from the super fans will set the tone going forwards.
Already seen multiple people in different threads saying they want us to lose games if it hastens Jose's exit.

Its utterly embarrassing "support"

The worst enemy of this club has always been its fanbase.

Wins EL - Definitely stays
Finishes top 4 - definitely stays
League Cup win no top 4 - probably stays
No cups but top 6 finish - probably stays

I think a sacking would be no cups and finish outside the top 6.

I Don't Think many people truly Appreciate the Genius of Mo. I admit, I wouldn't have voted for him to join Spurs if I had a vote when he was hired.

Now I see a change in our team. Players are "hungry" to win. Players who took it for granted they are starters now know, without hard work, there's no guarentees.

Dispite our losses there is a different atmosphere around Spurs.
Our Strikers have the best records in Europe. Our Midfielders are giving their all. He cannot be blamed for our defensive woes. Only one, maybe two, of our defenders would get on the bench of Bayern, Madrid ,City....etc.

I hope, even if we dont win anything, Levy and Crew will keep him. I hope they'll give him the financial backing for our defense. If he fails then, by all means give him the boot.

I think the problem is perspective...I don't think anyone is saying "don't win the LC". Its that winning the LC is not an indicator of success for the club, and doing so shouldn't mean we don't sort out issues in the squad, change the manager, etc. We're in the final, sure, let's win it.

But if we crash out of the EL, finish 6th in the league, and win the LC we need to sack Jose and rebuild the squad. Conflating the LC with success is what Wigan, Birmingham, and Swansea did. Conflating the FA Cup with success is what Woolwich has been doing for years. You want to swap the past 5 years with those clubs? Of course not.

Winning the LC would be nice, but its hardly going to be a pivotal matter in the future of the club.
So much bollocks in one paragraph, Birmingham and Swansea were in a relegation battle before their league cup finals and didnt survive, the league cup had nothing to do with those teams getting relegated.
My friend whos a Birmingham fan would strongly disagree with all of what you said, for him it was one of the best days of his life.
Woolwich are on a rebuilding process with a young manager and still manage to win the fa cup yes that is success, Woolwich have won 2 fa cups and 2 community shields im pretty sure 100 percent of spurs fan base would swap the last 5 years!

What kind of logic is this, win the league cup and sack the manager ( the main thing he was brought in for a trophy ) then waste another year rebuilding with another manager jeez!!

Levy loves him.
He's his project.

He's not going until it gets really bad. Any other manager and he would've been gone.
It is really bad, we are below West Ham, got schooled by a poor Woolwich team , play football that should be considered a crime most of the time . Topped off with an ex Chelsea manager who would throw anyone and everyone under the bus, with an owner who has delivered one trophy in 20 years

And yet the stats show we have won 6 of our last 8 games.
Yes, I do know those games are against Burnley. Palace, Fulham and Zagreb and Wolsberger, but it's somewhat nuts to suggest things are so bad we need to sack the manager.

Things have been much, much worse than this.
2 points from 8 games.
Getting dicked 6-0 and 5-0 against City and Liverpool and even 0-3 at home to a terrible West Ham team

Im sorry mate but 2 of those were a bunch of European farmers. The other 3 wins were against teams in a relegation battle. These are games that any standard big club should be winning ffs. Our form prior to that is absolutely diabolical. Our record against the teams in the Top 10 is embarrassing. We sit 8th in the table mate, how is that acceptable ? Yes, you can argue we are in a final and obviously still in Europe , but that’s not because of Jose’s brilliant management or how great we are, that’s because we have had an incredibly lucky cup run in both competitions

Last edited:
Got my Lucas exclusive email at 12:00. Apparently “we need to believe”

what happy clappy fuckwit decided that’s the sort of thing the fan base needs after last night.

what next ? Joe Hart’s Instagram team posting how we need to bounce back.

I'm sick to death wasting 2 hours of my life watching this shit. 2 points dropped because Mourinho cant-wont send us out to attack garbage like Newcastle.
Then when the footballs turgid and we dont win he blames everyone else. Why cant the bald genius levy see what everyone else can. Mourinho should have been sacked after throwing away a 2 goal lead in Europa league

I am going to be cheering Jose’s sacking like we won the FA cup and I don’t give a shit. His football, his toxic personality, even the results is dreadful.

He is like the worst of Tim Sherwood (personality) and the worst of AVB (football) all in one human being. He is the most Anti-Spurs manager ever and I include Graham in that. Please fuck off so we can have our club back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom