Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably qualify as an older fan but fall into the other category on this. A league cup win will be nice and if we could be in the stadium its a great day out. In reality it doesn't push the club on,keep our best players or attract others. Keane and Berbatov couldn't get out quickly enough after our last win. I wish it wasn't like that and the domestic cups still meant something but there is no point kidding ourselves.
To clarify, I didn't mean all old fans.
I meant of our fans likely to place importance on winning the 2nd best domestic cup, it's more likely to be older fans.

The cost of sacking Jose will mean it takes massive failure. Finish in the top 6 will be enough for Levy not to spend the cash and eat a massive plate of crow.

He should be sacked if we don't win a trophy, in my opinion, but realistically he won't be.

Last edited:
But... but... but... but... if we win the league cup - From 2020-21 on, the winners of the Carabao Cup will qualify for the Europa Conference League - UEFA's new third-tier continental competition, which gets under way in 2021-22.
🏆

EDIT - Thinking about it, does this mean we have already qualified for Europe? 🤔
I thought this was a joke so googled it.
Honestly, this has "intertoto cup" written all over it.
I would probably do what we did with that and send a bunch of 15 year olds and Alan Pardew to play.

But... but... but... but... if we win the league cup - From 2020-21 on, the winners of the Carabao Cup will qualify for the Europa Conference League - UEFA's new third-tier continental competition, which gets under way in 2021-22.
🏆

EDIT - Thinking about it, does this mean we have already qualified for Europe, win or lose against City? 🤔
I really do hate the look of that competition. Surely we'd be sending the youth team.

I really do hate the look of that competition. Surely we'd be sending the youth team.
This sounds horrendous, i wouldn't even bother with the youth team.

They're aren't enough decent teams to fill out the EL. The group stages are a bit of a joke so a level below that will basically be park football. They might has well have jumpers for goalposts.

I have also learned that:

If we win the League Cup (but not the Europa) and finish 7th, or even 6th if a club outside the top 5 wins the FA Cup, we'll end up in the Euro Conference.

Also, if e.g. Liverpool and Arse win the UCL and Europa respectively, they both finish outside top 4 and we finish 4th, we go into the Europa League instead of CL.

:mourweird:

The League Cup is a major honour. A major honour we haven't won in a decade and we are a cup glory team. Not a league winning club.

Fans slagging off a major honour are on a higher level of fandom enlightenment than I'll ever be. This is what happens when the media are entirely saturated with Dipper and Manure pundits. The entitlement levels raise.

The League Cup is a major honour. A major honour we haven't won in a decade and we are a cup glory team. Not a league winning club.

Fans slagging off a major honour are on a higher level of fandom enlightenment than I'll ever be. This is what happens when the media are entirely saturated with Dipper and Manure pundits. The entitlement levels raise.
I'm sure Birmingham and Swansea fans console themselves in the Champo existence with fond memories of their recent major honour!

dd13c52996815499ac0e4b686fc24361.jpg

As much as I want him gone and think he has done more than enough to deserve it, at this point I doubt Levy fires him. He loves him way too much and will be very short sighted in looking out the buy out cost ignoring the long term damage Jose is doing to the club.
Has done more than enough to get sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom