Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect him to be here next season even if we don't win a trophy. I think we'll finish in the top 6 which would be enough for Levy to keep him for another year. Or at least start next season with him in charge.

As much as I want him gone and think he has done more than enough to deserve it, at this point I doubt Levy fires him. He loves him way too much and will be very short sighted in looking out the buy out cost ignoring the long term damage Jose is doing to the club.

Wins EL - Definitely stays
Finishes top 4 - definitely stays
League Cup win no top 4 - probably stays
No cups but top 6 finish - probably stays

I think a sacking would be no cups and finish outside the top 6.

Apart from the ageist remark, why wouldn't anyone see a LC win as a success? Talk about being entitled! Do I want more - if course I do, and I would love to lift the EL too.
It's probably abut a year or 2 away from being scrapped. Hardly any other countries have 2 domestic cups that the top leagues compete in.
Its only reward is a place in a european competition that's dull as dishwater and padded out with too many games with hardly any financial rewards.
It's not ageist, it's statistically true. Most younger fans do not see winning a 2nd rate domestic cup at the expense of CL qualification as success,
The reason is fairly simple. older fans existed in a time before CL became the most important part of football. I recently watched the Greaves docu on BT and a comment lept off the screen at me - "Back then, no one thought about winning the league, the big prize was the FA Cup"

Who on earth would chose the FA cup over the PL now?

It's probably abut a year or 2 away from being scrapped. Hardly any other countries have 2 domestic cups that the top leagues compete in.
Its only reward is a place in a european competition that's dull as dishwater and padded out with too many games with hardly any financial rewards.
It's not ageist, it's statistically true. Most younger fans do not see winning a 2nd rate domestic cup at the expense of CL qualification as success,
The reason is fairly simple. older fans existed in a time before CL became the most important part of football. I recently watched the Greaves docu on BT and a comment lept off the screen at me - "Back then, no one thought about winning the league, the big prize was the FA Cup"

Who on earth would chose the FA cup over the PL now?
I probably qualify as an older fan but fall into the other category on this. A league cup win will be nice and if we could be in the stadium its a great day out. In reality it doesn't push the club on,keep our best players or attract others. Keane and Berbatov couldn't get out quickly enough after our last win. I wish it wasn't like that and the domestic cups still meant something but there is no point kidding ourselves.

But... but... but... but... if we win the league cup - From 2020-21 on, the winners of the Carabao Cup will qualify for the Europa Conference League - UEFA's new third-tier continental competition, which gets under way in 2021-22.
🏆

EDIT - Thinking about it, does this mean we have already qualified for Europe, win or lose against City? 🤔

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom