Daily Update: Has Jose Been Sacked Yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comments validating that Levy wasn’t willing to back Poch to take the squad to the next level. God knows where that leaves us now. Players aren’t good enough and the coaching set up is a miserable farce. I have even more admiration for you Yanks getting involved with the pain of being Spurs.

Interesting comments validating that Levy wasn’t willing to back Poch to take the squad to the next level. God knows where that leaves us now. Players aren’t good enough and the coaching set up is a miserable farce. I have even more admiration for you Yanks getting involved with the pain of being Spurs.
I think the phrase was ‘impossible’. Tony and Jesus understand there was no way to spend...

Let the dream die
adam sandler shut up GIF

You can't drop points the same way, what must be 15 times now, and keep your job. It shows that you aren't evolving, aren't trying to fix the issues. I was initially on board with giving him another window to get some decent defenders in, but I'm not convinced that things will change, even if that were to happen. You can't let teams run at you for a half, whilst you're sitting on a 1-0 lead, and expect to come away with the points. He has to be moved on.

I apply Jose sufferball Tax to all our players.

Let an actual modern coach be the judge of who is and isn’t good enough.

We’ve just watched Pogba and Shaw, 2 players who Jose ostracised and convinced many were shit have a jolly up on our heads.
Many of these players should not get a reprieve. So many have shown that even before Jose they weren't good enough. Irrespective of coaching and tactics you can tell who has what and who doesn't. All Mou's time here has done is amplify the shitness of some of them. There are easily 10 players that could be gotten rid of without any damage to our longer term prospects. Could they be useful with another coach? Perhaps, but only so much and that would be under ideal conditions.

“To keep that level and keep progressing and build a stadium, probably it was impossible.”

You can't drop points the same way, what must be 15 times now, and keep your job. It shows that you aren't evolving, aren't trying to fix the issues. I was initially on board with giving him another window to get some decent defenders in, but I'm not convinced that things will change, even if that were to happen. You can't let teams run at you for a half, whilst you're sitting on a 1-0 lead, and expect to come away with the points. He has to be moved on.
Agree.

'The sign of insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results'

(or something along those lines anyway 😆)

It’s hard enough watching the games during them let alone watching them again. What happened!
We had a free kick about 15 yards from
the half way line. Dier shapes up to send it long. Then PEH arrives in shot just running back. Ends up behind Dier to his left. Dier shapes up the long ball and then taps it behind him to PEH, really passive. Does not actually find PEH and he ends up jogging left and tapping the ball to Regulion. “Embarrassing”. does not begin to explain it.

if I knew how to upload from my iPhone I’d show you all......horror show stuff

Many of these players should not get a reprieve. So many have shown that even before Jose they weren't good enough. Irrespective of coaching and tactics you can tell who has what and who doesn't. All Mou's time here has done is amplify the shitness of some of them. There are easily 10 players that could be gotten rid of without any damage to our longer term prospects. Could they be useful with another coach? Perhaps, but only so much and that would be under ideal conditions.
That's not what I said. This isn't Jose or the players, it's both. However if you want Mourinho to stay with his Windows XP tactics, bringing in Fellaini et al, more fool you.

Mourinho cannot be allowed to damage this squad any further.

That's not what I said. This isn't Jose or the players, it's both. However if you want Mourinho to stay with his Windows XP tactics, bringing in Fellaini et al, more fool you.
I'll invite you to peak at Poch in my avatar. I've been 'never Jose' for years. Beyond that I've always said Jose is a shit manager and defended it against folks who didn't have the faintest idea even back when he was winning. Similarly, I think Klopp is nothing more than a phys ed teacher and not the tactical mastermind that some folks think. I look deeper than the surface. But I don't want Jose to stay and never wanted him here.

That said, you did say that you weren't judging folks because of Jose's tactics and implied they should still be around when the new coach arrives by saying this
I apply Jose sufferball Tax to all our players.

Let an actual modern coach be the judge of who is and isn’t good enough.

We’ve just watched Pogba and Shaw, 2 players who Jose ostracised and convinced many were shit have a jolly up on our heads.
And that's my quibble. We already know who is shit and who is uber shit. No need to keep them around another season (a reprieve). And there are at least 8-10 for which we can make this decision prior to appointing another coach. In fact, feelers should be put out now and for the next 6 games we should further cement that decision with their input. Good teams are already set for next season's coaching moves like Dortmund with Rose. Wonder what we are doing?

I'll invite you to peak at Poch in my avatar. I've been 'never Jose' for years. Beyond that I've always said Jose is a shit manager and defended it against folks who didn't have the faintest idea even back when he was winning. Similarly, I think Klopp is nothing more than a phys ed teacher and not the tactical mastermind that some folks think. I look deeper than the surface. But I don't want Jose to stay and never wanted him here.

That said, you did say that you weren't judging folks because of Jose's tactics and implied they should still be around when the new coach arrives by saying this

And that's my quibble. We already know who is shit and who is uber shit. No need to keep them around another season (a reprieve). And there are at least 8-10 for which we can make this decision prior to appointing another coach. In fact, feelers should be put out now and for the next 6 games we should further cement that decision with their input. Good teams are already set for next season's coaching moves like Dortmund with Rose. Wonder what we are doing?
My bad - that's me told!

If it was up to me this process would have begun straight after Zagreb,

I see us as being in a similar situation to 2014. There were player who we long suspected weren't good enough, and Pochettino confirmed it.

next season is a free hit for the new coach.

My bad - that's me told!
Hope I didn't come off like that though. I was just stating my Jose-hatred bona fides.

I see us as being in a similar situation to 2014. There were player who we long suspected weren't good enough, and Pochettino confirmed it.
Yeah, but didn't he give a 'clean slate' and they were around another year? I understand and agree with the wisdom but in our current case I just think some have already been here long enough and won't be geting better...like Dier who is both bad, not improved, and not HG. Some recent additions like Berg and Sess I can understand it.

next season is a free hit for the new coach.
Pretty much but will extend the mediocrity for the club to another season past the calls for a painful rebuild. And we'll keep pushing off what needs to occur. Shame!

Fire him before the Final so in the off chance that we do win he can’t say he’s won a trophy at every club he’s managed.
Ah, so you want him fired to prevent Spurs winning a trophy that would shut the hating media up?

Spurs have to play against 12 men every match, and the opposition know they can get away with murder and never get sent off, so United played like it was their cup final. Did you see United play Woolwich?? Or Chelsea?? It was like a bore snore and they played like 50% and for a 0-0.

When they and others play Spurs they go gung ho. But STUPID Tottenham fans don't see it and unfortunately Spurs have a lot of stupid fans like you!

Ah, so you want him fired to prevent Spurs winning a trophy that would shut the hating media up?

Spurs have to play against 12 men every match, and the opposition know they can get away with murder and never get sent off, so United played like it was their cup final. Did you see United play Woolwich?? Or Chelsea?? It was like a bore snore and they played like 50% and for a 0-0.

When they and others play Spurs they go gung ho. But STUPID Tottenham fans don't see it and unfortunately Spurs
have a lot of stupid fans like you!
Opposition gets away with murder? They reversed a United goal because of a foul! You are slacking in your trolling efforts. I expect better from you, Gobby.

As a fan you'd rather endure a season like this for a league cup versus the excitement we got during the Poch era? Plus, based on what evidence do you think Mourinho is gonna motivate this team to beat Man City? We haven't shown up in big games in several months. Mourinho is a dinosaur and whatever magic he had at the beginning of the season has all been used up.

Watching Spurs in the Champions League > winning a league cup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom