Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of you wallys need to take a look at the early pages of the Kane thread for a reminder about how dumb you can look coating off a teenager based on a few performances.

The thing that strikes me most with Scarlett is how much he’ll benefit from the natural body maturation and a weights program in the the next few years. He’s got the perfect frame to bulk up and become a real physical forward, but he’s just still just got that that teenage gangliness. As he adds muscle and strength I think he’s going to be a nightmare to deal with.

Some of those I think he should have gone the other way to spit the defense but he went towards our players.

Who do you compare him to?

I have been right (loved kane) and wrong (Cauker) but normally see something.

*I'm not writing him off, want to see something but am struggling
I don't think he's ready myself but I think he's going to be an alert finisher that thrives off of service and all about being in and around the 18 yard box. Just the feeling I got today. I liked that everytime the ball was wide he was looking to make the run towards goal.

I don't think he's ready myself but I think he's going to be an alert finisher that thrives off of service and all about being in and around the 18 yard box. Just the feeling I got today. I liked that everytime the ball was wide he was looking to make the run towards goal.
At his best he isn't defoe, he isn't kane, he's stature means he isn't kane. Who is he.

(obviously simplified but I am struggling)

At his best he isn't defoe, he isn't kane, he's stature means he isn't kane. Who is he.

(obviously simplified but I am struggling)
He needs to bulk up and get stronger, but I think Daniel Sturridge isn’t a bad comparison for his skill set. Not overwhelming in terms of speed, strength, or skill but does everything well.

Some of you wallys need to take a look at the early pages of the Kane thread for a reminder about how dumb you can look coating off a teenager based on a few performances.

The thing that strikes me most with Scarlett is how much he’ll benefit from the natural body maturation and a weights program in the the next few years. He’s got the perfect frame to bulk up and become a real physical forward, but he’s just still just got that that teenage gangliness. As he adds muscle and strength I think he’s going to be a nightmare to deal with.
Why?

said it before the start of the season he should be on loan at Div 1/champship team where he would get 20mins most matches against men
he is not ready for us yet, he needs to be playing, getting pitch time

I think he needs to know when to drop deeper to collect the ball and when to be in and around the box. Just mix it up a little.

He was getting frustrated that he wasn't receiving the ball. Our biggest problem in attack/midfield since Poch left is lack of movement off the ball. We end up passing backwards or sideways.

don't think its a lack of movement, you can see the players making runs, we have not got an one that can see a pass (other than Kane maybe Tanguy)
most players on the ball have to look look and look again before they pass the ball

I'd love to know how many touches and how many balls played to him the lad has had so far this season.....

Must be next to nothing.

Clive Allen (who actually knows what he is talking about) was complimenting Dane for getting into great positions and making good runs but bemoaning the fact that Gil, GLC and others were not passing to him.
Dele tried to find him a few times but was inaccurate.
Decent performance by the lad but...Harry Kane is better than him. :rolleyes:
At the moment.

He’s unbelievable highly rated by the club and he’s England No 9. But like others I’m struggling to see it even at U23 level. Yes done well at U18 but I tempered my expectations about a year ago, went last night and sadly had absolutely no excitement to see him was looking forward more to seeing Markanday. The only thing I will say is he could be a late bloomer as has good physical attributes and by early 20s he’s gonna be a bit of a beast.

Definite potential but difficult to rate him playing for us as we are so bad at crossing the ball or putting an early ball into the penalty area

He’s unbelievable highly rated by the club and he’s England No 9. But like others I’m struggling to see it even at U23 level. Yes done well at U18 but I tempered my expectations about a year ago, went last night and sadly had absolutely no excitement to see him was looking forward more to seeing Markanday. The only thing I will say is he could be a late bloomer as has good physical attributes and by early 20s he’s gonna be a bit of a beast.

A late bloomer??

Rooney at 16 playing in the PL against men.

That's what true talent that isn't even a debate looks like at that age.

At the moment, Scarlett could be decent in a few years (aint now) or he could end up at Dartford in the next 18 months. Let's not try and paint another kid as the next messiah based on performances in the u18's - it doesn't translate to mens football.

Rooney at 16 playing in the PL against men.

That's what true talent that isn't even a debate looks like at that age.

At the moment, Scarlett could be decent in a few years (aint now) or he could end up at Dartford in the next 18 months. Let's not try and paint another kid as the next messiah based on performances in the u18's - it doesn't translate to mens football.

You going to post a video of Harry Kane at 16 to prove the same point?

Back
Top Bottom