Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These two minute cameos may seem dumb, but they are a reminder to young players that the Boss is watching and there’s a route to the first team.

EwIO-CsWEAI_r2i

Everything has been such a bag of total shit at this club for the past 18-24 months, as bad as I can remember. However seeing some young players come through like Scarlett, Devine, John as well as older youth players coming back from successful loans like Skipp and Sessegnon is a good tonic.

I hope Dane Scarlett becomes everything Mourinho told The Times:

'I know he’s still very young, just 17, and it is probably too early for the next World Cup, but Tottenham Hotspur have a striker in Dane Scarlett, who, if everything goes well, is going to be phenomenal. For England, there is lots of promise.'

But we also know Mourinho's super-sized ego will claim credit for giving the "next big thing" his Spurs debut.

Anyway, I think we should keep Scarlett, not loan him out, and give him some first team minutes in the Europe Nonsense League. He's 17, and we can better control his physical development in-house rather than have some lower league team play him through injuries and risk burn out, or worse.

The Europa Nonsense League should be entirely youth players and reserve players, even the manager should be the assistant. It would be nice to have one season where the first team can concentrate on the league as priority.

Evening lads, Pompey fan here.
Just wanna post about our loan signing Dane Scarlett.
What an absolute talent you've gotbon your books. He is absolute quality. The boy has everything, runs with the ball, finds space, takes players on and beats them, can put a 50 yards pass onto a sixpence.
He's already a cult hero at Pompey, we absolutely are lucky to have the boy here.
I read somewhere weeks ago when we loaned him that it's hoped he'd be Harry kanes replacement in future years. Trust me he will be.
Yes I know we're league one, but trust me this boy has got the lot at aged 18.
He'll be prem ready within 2 years in reckon. Hoping pompey get promoted this season because if we do there's a chance we can keep this kid on loan in the championship next season.
Good luck for the season lads, you'll be challenging for the title in reckon.
Dane scarlett is in good hands, we'll look after him for you.

Think your fans can take credit, for cherishing him early doors, giving him confidence.

Play up Pompey!

Scarlett then put in a man of the match performance against Peterborough yesterday, scoring his first brace for Portsmouth.

The England under-19 international’s first goal was a glancing diving header into the bottom corner.

He won the game for Pompey with a powerful left-foot finish, wrong footing the keeper by putting it through the defender’s legs.

They were two highly quality finishes from Scarlett, and Tottenham fans will be over the moon to see how effective Scarlett is becoming.

Scarlett wins man of the match award​

There was plenty of praise for Scarlett after his match winning performance yesterday.

The only criticism manager Danny Cowley had was that he wished Scarlett’s headed goal had come sooner.

The Portsmouth manager, via Hampshire Live, said: “He’s ruthless and I’ve seen him score those headed goals before, so I’ve been moaning about when they were going to come for us!

“He is so sharp with his movement and so brave. He’ll flash across the front and put his head where other people don’t want to.”

His teammate Tom Lowery added, via Portsmouth.co.uk: “He’s had a really good run of games of scoring goals and there’s still more to come from him.

“I don’t think there’s any limit to how high he can play.”

“He’s got a great attitude and I think he can go right to the top.”

The Peterborough Telegraph described Scarlett’s finishing as ‘deadly’, and his second goal as a ‘powerful low shot’.

There’s plenty of positivity around Scarlett at Portsmouth right now, and he’s clearly got the backing of his manager and teammates.

5 years time...

-------------------Scarlett--------------------
Richarlison---------------------Kulusevski
---------Bentancur------Kane--------------
---------------------Skipp---------------------

Yes, that is an aging Harry Kane in the Pirlo role. Spraying balls about left, right and centre.
Sonny at LB yeah?

Back
Top Bottom