Daniel In Talks To Sell Spurs ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Misunderstood maybe I thought you was hoping we would spend big despite having a (perhaps) five year financial prognosis dependent on, say stadium naming rights, and unforeseen pandemic induced recessions etc etc.
Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but it seemed like you equated a big financial year with going out and immediately spunking it.

Misunderstood maybe I thought you was hoping we would spend big despite having a (perhaps) five year financial prognosis dependent on, say stadium naming rights, and unforeseen pandemic induced recessions etc etc.
Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, but it seemed like you equated a big financial year with going out and immediately spunking it.
No not at all

Yeah from 14th to CL finalists how shit is that
In how many years Sammy? Basically a whole fucking 'generation' FFS. Meteoric!!!! You make it sound like it was all by design and not aided by a whole heaping hopper full of chance. And though your DL perma-semi might go flaccid at the thought of it but much (fucking MOST) of it was due to...wait for it Sammy...

POCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In how many years Sammy? Basically a whole fucking 'generation' FFS. Meteoric!!!! You make it sound like it was all by design and not aided by a whole heaping hopper full of chance. And though your DL perma-semi might go flaccid at the thought of it but much (fucking MOST) of it was due to...wait for it Sammy...

POCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How many other teams have regularly broken the top 4 in that time?
I’ll start you off. City.

Your turn

Your turn
Two things: 1) Chelsea 2) it only happened regularly with...wait for it again there Sammy...

POCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before this last era it happened with 2 WC talents but, again, not by design or some ingenious leadership from above. Which again leads to the point I have often repeated and that is that anyone with reasonable financial sense and some handle on the football side of things or that surrounds themselves with good football people can replicate what DL has done. How does DL stack up against FSG Sammy? That's right big boy, suck it!!!!* That's real front office leadership and they are reaping the fucking fruits in less than half the time DL has been here.

*and don't come with your childish "well go support liverpool then" shit.

Two things: 1) Chelsea 2) it only happened regularly with...wait for it again there Sammy...

POCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And before this last era it happened with 2 WC talents but, again, not by design or some ingenious leadership from above. Which again leads to the point I have often repeated and that is that anyone with reasonable financial sense and some handle on the football side of things or that surrounds themselves with good football people can replicate what DL has done. How does DL stack up against FSG Sammy? That's right big boy, suck it!!!!* That's real front office leadership and they are reaping the fucking fruits in less than half the time DL has been here.

*and don't come with your childish "well go support liverpool then" shit.
Chelsea were top 4 before 2005
So apart from two teams who spent over a billion to make top 4 regularly, no one else did other than us.

What a compelling argument for failure

Chelsea were top 4 before 2005
Yes, but that wasn't the fucking prompt I was responding to was it Sammy? Let me remind you:
There you go shitnuts!! Now they are perennially there and have multiple PLs, ELs and a CL.

Poch.

So apart from two teams who spent over a billion to make top 4 regularly,
So apart from that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the show. (won't translate for some that want to be intentionally obtuse).

Poch.

no one else did other than us.
Liverpool left and came back under the new owners about which you are neglecting to respond. FSG Sammy, FSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I wouldn't say "regularly" for us either Sammy. That would be a disigenuous characterization of DL's 20 years. We hit top 4 for 4 of the 5+ seasons POCH WAS HERE. Very recent success Sammy that is mostly attributed to Poch and not DL.

Poch.

What a compelling argument for failure
You putting words in my mouth again Sammy? You know I don't like that. What I'm saying is he is overly defended and lauded for doing the minimum for which HE will be the greatest beneficiary not the fans. FSG might be setting themselves up for a big payday (and rumor is that Billy Beane's group is actually investing in Pool) but they are making sure success is apparent on the field as well...or what some of the more cultured football aficianados like to call "The Right Way", Sammy.

:pochlol:

Great post, Archie

There are a few on here, not many but a few, whom I'm convinced would support another club if ENIC sold up and Levy became involved there.

The God like worship he attracts is seriously disturbing. Obscene given His record of 1 league cup in 20 years.
Probably unprecedented in football tbh

not a single brick :levyeyes:

but joking aside, there is middle ground here. He frustrates me at times but I can also see the good he has done, if people can't appreciate this they are blinkered IMHO.

Your turn

I was thinking that. There are some big teams that have disappeared in those 14 years (see below) and some that have performed well below us. That's not to say we've taken all our opportunities as looking back a you can see where mistakes were made but that's hindsight – it's bloody annoying as we really had chances to kick on...

Newcastle
Sunderland
Everton
Aston Villa

If you start looking further down the list then you start to come across:

Leeds
Fulham
West ham
Middlesbrough
Wigan
Blackburn

Footbal histroy is littered with casualties

CL was all Poch and massive luck

Isn't that football in a nutshell? Luck and taking your chances? Lucky you got that decision, deflection, that your key players went most of a season without injury, that you didn't get food poisoning the night before a final.

In the tightest of margins luck is the defining factor.

Sure you make your own luck but things like the Mendes goal 4ft over the line... there are exceptions to that rule!

Back
Top Bottom