Daniel In Talks To Sell Spurs ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, but that wasn't the fucking prompt I was responding to was it Sammy? Let me remind you:

There you go shitnuts!! Now they are perennially there and have multiple PLs, ELs and a CL.

Poch.

So apart from that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the show. (won't translate for some that want to be intentionally obtuse).

Poch.

Liverpool left and came back under the new owners about which you are neglecting to respond. FSG Sammy, FSG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I wouldn't say "regularly" for us either Sammy. That would be a disigenuous characterization of DL's 20 years. We hit top 4 for 4 of the 5+ seasons POCH WAS HERE. Very recent success Sammy that is mostly attributed to Poch and not DL.

Poch.

You putting words in my mouth again Sammy? You know I don't like that. What I'm saying is he is overly defended and lauded for doing the minimum for which HE will be the greatest beneficiary not the fans. FSG might be setting themselves up for a big payday (and rumor is that Billy Beane's group is actually investing in Pool) but they are making sure success is apparent on the field as well...or what some of the more cultured football aficianados like to call "The Right Way", Sammy.

:pochlol:
So apart from the billionaire cheats, only us.
The short answer.

Isn't that football in a nutshell? Luck and taking your chances? Lucky you got that decision, deflection, that your key players went most of a season without injury, that you didn't get food poisoning the night before a final.

In the tightest of margins luck is the defining factor.

Sure you make your own luck but things like the Mendes goal 4ft over the line... there are exceptions to that rule!
It was “all Poch” to them, but on Final night it wasn’t Pochs fault...

Who hired Poch
...only after he screwed it up with our previous manager that took us to place "we never had it so good" and the the awful hiring of AVB. Yet you wanna heap praise again? Are you on your knees when you say your morning "dear leader" chants?

...only after he screwed it up with our previous manager that took us to place "we never had it so good" and the the awful hiring of AVB. Yet you wanna heap praise again? Are you on your knees when you say your morning "dear leader" chants?
Not to mention sacking Jol at half-time like a rat and bring in clueless Ramos - set us back years -same with firing Poch now

So let me get this straight - all failures are on Poch but all success on Levy?
No but the reverse is what you believe.
Poch was responsible for using the team in the right way when Kane was out in the semi and quarters.
He was also responsible for getting the best out of the team that Levy provided for him for large parts of 2016-18.
Levy is responsible for not signing Grealish, who Poch wanted, and there’s probably more players you can add to that.

But when you have players like Llorente, Aurier and Ndombele (100M combined) saying Poch called them personally and asked them to join, I’m not going to sit here and say he wasn’t backed with a Striker, RB and CM.

Levy isn’t any more responsible for losing the final than he is for winning the semi.
Can’t you see that? Truly?

It was “all Poch” to them, but on Final night it wasn’t Pochs fault...
That's right Sammy sing for your supper. Are you doing the Airfixx Airfixx jig too? Dance Sammy, dance!!!!
iu

No but the reverse is what you believe.
Poch was responsible for using the team in the right way when Kane was out in the semi and quarters.
He was also responsible for getting the best out of the team that Levy provided for him for large parts of 2016-18.
Levy is responsible for not signing Grealish, who Poch wanted, and there’s probably more players you can add to that.

But when you have players like Llorente, Aurier and Ndombele (100M combined) saying Poch called them personally and asked them to join, I’m not going to sit here and say he wasn’t backed with a Striker, RB and CM.

Levy isn’t any more responsible for losing the final than he is for winning the semi.
Can’t you see that? Truly?
I've never held Levy responsible for us losing the final

Nope:

biggest was sacking Redknapp for AVB. Not sacking Redknapp per se....but for AVB.

AVB was a shit manager and a massive mistake that set us back 5 years. We should have stuck with Harry and that’s been Levys biggest mistake.
I’ve always said that. Redknapp didn’t lose the dressing room, he was forced out for the next level manager and people like you lauded the fuck out of it.

Levys biggest mistake in my opinion and set us back five years, to get back to where we was under Redknapp.

Cl final should be largely Irrelevant when forming a view on Enics tenure IMO , it was a total anomaly really and we barely played well in the whole tournament on reflection.

ENIC discussion aside....

We were desperately unfortunate in the group stages in that our performances didn't match the results.... Losing to 2 late worldies away to Inter was scandalous and despite succumbing to Messi in god mode, I thought we were excellent against Barca at Wembley. We were superb home and away vs Dortmund too. Beating City at home was a cracking result against a beast of a side; then the injures took hold and we rode our luck like a motherfucker, but in those last 2 away ties (and at Neu camp) we also showed a tonne of guts against 2 very good sides.

Less said about the final the better obv.. :(

Yet somehow the total opposite is true regarding Poch
:mourfacepalm:

Not for me , I don't honestly know if we played a good 90 minutes in the whole of that season certainly not very often in the CL maybe City at home, Poch made us a genuine top 4 team that's his legacy, Enic haven't managed that without Poch yet but Poch is to blame for not getting it right in most of the big games we played.

Not for me , I don't honestly know if we played a good 90 minutes in the whole of that season certainly not very often in the CL maybe City at home, Poch made us a genuine top 4 team that's his legacy, Enic haven't managed that without Poch yet but Poch is to blame for not getting it right in most of the big games we played.

4th 5th 4th under Redknapp is an entirely credible phase in the trajectory to that point though surely.... ? Much like back to back 5th under Big Martin.

If we bag top 4 this year is it reasonable to call last year a blip rather than a downward slide?

4th 5th 4th under Redknapp is an entirely credible phase in the trajectory to that point though surely.... ? Much like back to back 5th under Big Martin.

If we bag top 4 this year is it reasonable to call last year a blip rather than a downward slide?

What percentage of our Cl qualifications were achieved without Poch, bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom