Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like Schneiderlin, but a Modric-type creator he is not, and I'm not sure why so many are hoping he will be. In fact, in five less league performances, Dembele had as many assists, more chances created, and more key passes. I don't think he is the creative solution so many are hoping he will be.

What he does provide though is a stupendous number of forward passes (nearly twice as many per game as our most forward-thinking midfielder this past season), and an outstanding defensive option (most interceptions and tackles in the league last season) to allow the more creative forwards more freedom, and doing so on the back of this high number of forward passes.

It seems to me from the friendlies, as if Poch may be looking to employ Holtby as this deep-lying creator. Of course, this could all change once Paulinho and Dembele return, but either way I've no doubt Poch will be demanding more forward play from his central midfielders, and especially more from the No 8 position from which we've been so lackluster in this regard the last two seasons.

Agree with most of the rest, but I hope Dier doesn't go out on loan. He has some Prem experience, as well as experience playing in one of Europe's better leagues. Hope he is integrated slowly in the fall through the cups alongside a more senior option, and then makes the transition to dependable league player.

Levy/ENIC have done okay to good overall, but we have only won one major trophy in 13 years under them, and that the most minor of the major trophies. That's poor by our standards. We have also gone from being the second biggest club in London to a distant third, and that is bad, as that directly impacts on many of our fans who have to put up with triumphant Woolwich and Chelsea fans.

But the lge positions have been good, though I completely disagree we were 'mid table nobodies' before ENIC took over. We're the famous Spurs, the last time we were 'nobodies' was in the 19th century. Even during our dark days in the 30s we were able to attract 75,000 to the Lane. In the 13 years previous to ENIC we won twice as many trophies, finished as high as 3rd and were ever presents in the Prem. Doesn't seem like too much progress there since 2000. If we were 'nobodies' during 1987-2000, what are we now?

PS I will be furious if Dier goes out on loan. Furious I tells ya, I expect him to be a key part of helping us to win a trophy again. We need a strong squad to compete on all fronts and if Dier isn't good enough to play some of the weaker teams we'll meet in the Cups I don't know why we bought him.

Last edited:

lol. Seems to blame the Chairman, blames him for never being any good, yet says:

Indeed judging on Levy’s track record I wonder just what odds I would find if I were to walk into my nearest bookmakers on the Argentine seeing out his debut season in the hot seat.

Okay, so you're saying it's likely he'll not put any faith in Pochettino?

Levy really needs to stop throwing money at this project, if they are ever to become a force again Tottenham Hotspur require an absolute overhaul of their football operations from top to bottom and there is currently one man out there readily available who would crawl over broken glass to assist in the rebuilding of this once revered institution.

Okay, so now you're saying he shouldn't spend any money at all? But I thought....

Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour and suddenly the stock of the White Hart Lane doesn’t hold the same appeal as it once did, Tottenham frankly are a shadow of the club they once were with absolutely no sign of the glory days returning in the near future.

So does money work or not?

His name is Glenn Hoddle.

Wait... so Levy should stop sacking managers and improve things by...sacking the manager :paulinhofacepalm:

I seem to recall we tried that one when ENIC first took over.

Glenn Hoddle - legend, yes. Playing hero, yes.

Absolute batshit crazy legend with massive inability to manage without blaming gays and disabled people for bad luck? Yes.

What a nob that Rob Devine is.

Looks like this thread has been neglected ...

Just want to say that I'm fully convinced Poch is our guy.
He was the right hire.
& he was my third choice (LVG; de Boer).

But it looks like fan-favorite Mr Levy got an important decision correct.
& there's a reason ENIC pays him and not me to make these decisions.

For all the slating he'll take for our January transfer dealings, just thought I'd mention he isn't 0-fer-everything.

:coys:

Why was the first word I thought of when I saw a new post on this thread, "cunt"? I agree with the last post btw but I still have a Tourette's moment every time I see, hear or read the name "Daniel Levy".

Looks like this thread has been neglected ...

Just want to say that I'm fully convinced Poch is our guy.
He was the right hire.
& he was my third choice (LVG; de Boer).

But it looks like fan-favorite Mr Levy got an important decision correct.
& there's a reason ENIC pays him and not me to make these decisions.

For all the slating he'll take for our January transfer dealings, just thought I'd mention he isn't 0-fer-everything.

:coys:

Poch doing ok so far, plenty to iron out yet and a long way to go until we know for sure. Let's see how things are in May and then in 12-16 months time.

24EB24FD00000578-0-image-a-97_1421875561161.jpg

buy buy buy buy buy buy buy buy all i ever hear, we aren't like those chav oil fucking cunts. Just face it.
Plus it's been made quite clear year after year that no buys happen in Jan unless there are sales. Yet here we have the same routine every winter from the fans living in home that the new Messi is gonna join.

Back
Top Bottom