Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's interesting that some are taking Levy to task for pulling the plug on the Ade deal, when it would make sense, from a purely financial perspective, to let him go and save on part of his wages at least. Levy's not being very money-minded here, the fool :levywtf:

I understand the frustration about not bringing in more cover for Kane and am disappointed in this too, but would really like to find out what the options and prices quoted were during this transfer window. And no, I would not pay 30m quid for Ings much as I rate him.

But if we had got a striker in, then we could have let Ade go, and while I can't stand West Ham, IF they were prepared to pay half his wages, would have settled for that. Yes, Ade might have started playing out of his skin for them, but, seriously, good enough to get them to finish above Woolwich or Utd. I don't think so.

If we don't finish above Woolwich or Utd, we're not getting CL, IMHO. One of those two will take third or fourth place.

Ade might just have got West Ham above us, I doubt it, but it's a gamble I'd have taken. I'd rather go for glory, get a new striker in and have a decent chance of fourth and/or a Cup. Ade is not going to help us do either of those, again IMHO.
Thats why you don't work in football you silly prick. You don't go loaning out players to a team 2 places and 4 points below you on a whim. not to save 40k a week. And especially not when it weakens you.

Can anyone name a successful football strategy Levy has started and achieved?

I'm struggling. Wait till last moment to sell Berbatov. Get extra 3m. Too late to buy anyone to replace. Sell player for world record fee. Buy in shit. Etc.

Can anyone think of anything he's done football wise that has actually helped us achieved anything for the first team? I guessing people will say the academy. Remember. The key word is first team. Not the balance book.

I'd be interested to know.

I'm struggling. Wait till last moment to sell Berbatov. Get extra 3m. Too late to buy anyone to replace. Sell player for world record fee. Buy in shit. Etc.

Can anyone think of anything he's done football wise that has actually helped us achieved anything for the first team? I guessing people will say the academy. Remember. The key word is first team. Not the balance book.

Last season we finished 5th. Ahead of a liverpool team that was being touted to win the league. In recent years, a bad season for us has been finishing 6th. Stop being pathetic you're a grown man.

I just don't he's the master negotiator some people believe he is. I think he did do a very good job getting Modric in & his hard ball tactics worked then but people are not stupid , they have become wise to his ways & they can toy with him as much as he thinks he does with them.

Also I think ( purely guesswork of course) that his ego can bugger up deals which do not help the club as a football team

None of us have a single clue what goes on though. We know nothing. No club lets slip what goes on behind closed doors. We don't know what levy says in meetings, within the club or with other clubs. Its literally not worth even thinking about let alone having a conversation.

Im so fucking bored of this "Lets debate every single aspect of the club when we don't win" trend.

TEAMS LOSE GAMES GUYS. We were above chelsea when i woke up this morning.

He has somehow managed to fool a bunch of people to back him and worship him and defend him no matter what he does and justify his every move even though most of his footballing related decisions are absolutely ridiculous! So I guess that counts for something.

None of us have a single clue what goes on though. We know nothing. No club lets slip what goes on behind closed doors. We don't know what levy says in meetings, within the club or with other clubs. Its literally not worth even thinking about let alone having a conversation.

Im so fucking bored of this "Lets debate every single aspect of the club when we don't win" trend.

No one is asking you to read this forum on even log on. You know what to do if this upsets you.

This is not about 3 games. If you think that then you really are more of a child than I thought.

Join the debate and defend your man.

No one is asking you to read this forum on even log on. You know what to do if this upsets you.

This is not about 3 games. If you think that then you really are more of a child than I thought.

Join the debate and defend your man.
You're right its not about 3 games.

How many times have we finished outside the top 8 since ENIC took over? What exactly are you moaning about?
I dont understand why you've wasted your time writing that. Think about it.
Firstly, you're implying that you know better than Daniel Levy. I can assure you, you don't.
Secondly, you're implying you're privvy to every chat, plan, powerpoint presentation, discussion and meeting that Daniel Levy has. We both know that isn't the case.
Thirdly, you're implying Daniel Levy isn't doing whats best for the club. Well, that makes no sense. For example. If the Berahino transfer is taking this long, its obviously for a reason.
People usually jump immediately to "Levys trying to save a few quid"
Well firstly, its not a few quid, is it. Its millions. 5 million. 10 million. Who knows, but its millions. And if that is even remotely the case (and we're presuming that the sale of an actual human being is really that simple, which we know it isn't) then there must obviously be a reason to save that money. I don't know what it is, but it could be that the money saved means the difference between buying our first choice central midfielder, and third choice.
Fourthly, again using the berahino example. To solely blame Levy, means you're implying that Saido himself, his family, girlfriend, his agent, Tony Pulis, the west brom chairman, the west brom players, assorted staff at the baggies (do they have a director of football?) The player that West Brom intend to replace Saido with and his agent, that guys family... etc etc etc. Are all sorted and agreed and happy. And that the ONLY reason the transfer hasn't gone through yet, is because Levy is trying to save money.

Things do come out though like AvB's comments , the president of Lyon etc... Of course they all could be telling porkies pies but , for me anyways, there is a constant repeat of us being short of players in key positions. Most people as far as I can see are just frustrated at the lack preparation when the season starts.

Imagine where we could be if we prepared before the season started

Surely ENIC's strategy was to take the club forward and make us more profitable?
I don't think anyone can argue the club haven't progressed from where we were pre-ENIC.

Have ENIC/Levy made mistakes? Of course.
Are we run as a business? Yes.

I could think of far worse owners to have though. Are we any bigger than an Everton or Aston Villa who've done just as little in much of my lifetime? Lerner backed Villa massively, they got no further than we did and have suffered the consequences of their over-spending ever since.

Levy has made a right cock up of this season, on top of many previous mistakes but we've also seen a lot of progress in ENIC's time at the club.

Under ENIC I've seen us play numerous European campaigns, including a European Cup/Champions League campaign (only other time being 61/62).
I've seen us at Wembley four times (and four defeats) added to a further trip which I missed out on.

There are a lot of decisions I haven't agreed with but we've stayed relatively competitive in much of ENIC's time here. If we'd had a better start to the season (which I agree is Levy's fault) then there'd be far less criticism. Football fans are fickle - myself included.

You're right its not about 3 games.

How many times have we finished outside the top 8 since ENIC took over? What exactly are you moaning about?
I dont understand why you've wasted your time writing that. Think about it.
Firstly, you're implying that you know better than Daniel Levy. I can assure you, you don't.
Secondly, you're implying you're privvy to every chat, plan, powerpoint presentation, discussion and meeting that Daniel Levy has. We both know that isn't the case.
Thirdly, you're implying Daniel Levy isn't doing whats best for the club. Well, that makes no sense. For example. If the Berahino transfer is taking this long, its obviously for a reason.
People usually jump immediately to "Levys trying to save a few quid"
Well firstly, its not a few quid, is it. Its millions. 5 million. 10 million. Who knows, but its millions. And if that is even remotely the case (and we're presuming that the sale of an actual human being is really that simple, which we know it isn't) then there must obviously be a reason to save that money. I don't know what it is, but it could be that the money saved means the difference between buying our first choice central midfielder, and third choice.
Fourthly, again using the berahino example. To solely blame Levy, means you're implying that Saido himself, his family, girlfriend, his agent, Tony Pulis, the west brom chairman, the west brom players, assorted staff at the baggies (do they have a director of football?) The player that West Brom intend to replace Saido with and his agent, that guys family... etc etc etc. Are all sorted and agreed and happy. And that the ONLY reason the transfer hasn't gone through yet, is because Levy is trying to save money.

Whoa, whoa, whoa fella. You are basing what I wrote about Berahino and these supposed discussions?

Let me get this clear. I don't want Berahino at the club. He has a distinct whiff of Ade about him.

Secondly. Coming 15th to 5th means nothing unless you use that position to propel the club forward. How many times have we been in the position to push on only to see Saha or Ryan turn up. Or massive mistakes in personnel being brought in for huge money. Every time the chance arises to break through the glass ceiling he is left wanting.

As I said. This isn't about 3 games.

Your little rant about Berahino may well be a microcosm of Levys tenure but it's not what I was referring to.

Surely ENIC's strategy was to take the club forward and make us more profitable?
I don't think anyone can argue the club haven't progressed from where we were pre-ENIC.

Have ENIC/Levy made mistakes? Of course.
Are we run as a business? Yes.

I could think of far worse owners to have though. Are we any bigger than an Everton or Aston Villa who've done just as little in much of my lifetime? Lerner backed Villa massively, they got no further than we did and have suffered the consequences of their over-spending ever since.

Levy has made a right cock up of this season, on top of many previous mistakes but we've also seen a lot of progress in ENIC's time at the club.

Under ENIC I've seen us play numerous European campaigns, including a European Cup/Champions League campaign (only other time being 61/62).
I've seen us at Wembley four times (and four defeats) added to a further trip which I missed out on.

There are a lot of decisions I haven't agreed with but we've stayed relatively competitive in much of ENIC's time here. If we'd had a better start to the season (which I agree is Levy's fault) then there'd be far less criticism. Football fans are fickle - myself included.

I appreciate your reply mate. It is dispassionate and fair.

I just feel we could have done better with someone else at the helm and this isn't hindsight. I've felt it since Jol. That's when the penny dropped. Actually it was earlier. When Kelmsley laughed Carrick out of the club.

And no doubt we are fickle.

Back
Top Bottom