Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whoa, whoa, whoa fella. You are basing what I wrote about Berahino and these supposed discussions?

Let me get this clear. I don't want Berahino at the club. He has a distinct whiff of Ade about him.

Secondly. Coming 15th to 5th means nothing unless you use that position to propel the club forward. How many times have we been in the position to push on only to see Saha or Ryan turn up. Or massive mistakes in personnel being brought in for huge money. Every time the chance arises to break through the glass ceiling he is left wanting.

As I said. This isn't about 3 games.

Your little rant about Berahino may well be a microcosm of Levys tenure but it's not what I was referring to.
It was purely an example. The current fashionable complaint is that Levy hasn't signed a striker and we should have done our business earlier.

I mean, never mind that other teams are still signing players.

Besides, your argument about 15th to 5th is again ridiculous. What other teams have done that? What other teams have the consistency we have? Look at Everton for example. Probably the closest club to us in that respect. They finished 4th once about 10 or 11 seasons ago... and didn't even get through qualifying for the champions league. Plus 3 5th place finishes since then.
In the same time we've finished 4th twice and 5th 5 times.

Maybe, just maybe. Its REALLY FUCKING HARD to "break into" the top 4.

It was purely an example. The current fashionable complaint is that Levy hasn't signed a striker and we should have done our business earlier.

I mean, never mind that other teams are still signing players.

Besides, your argument about 15th to 5th is again ridiculous. What other teams have done that? What other teams have the consistency we have? Look at Everton for example. Probably the closest club to us in that respect. They finished 4th once about 10 or 11 seasons ago... and didn't even get through qualifying for the champions league. Plus 3 5th place finishes since then.
In the same time we've finished 4th twice and 5th 5 times.

Maybe, just maybe. Its REALLY FUCKING HARD to "break into" the top 4.

With respect I don't think you have the mental fortitude to enter this debate.

I appreciate your reply mate. It is dispassionate and fair.

I just feel we could have done better with someone else at the helm and this isn't hindsight. I've felt it since Jol. That's when the penny dropped. Actually it was earlier. When Kelmsley laughed Carrick out of the club.

And no doubt we are fickle.
Jol was certainly a low moment and I accept Levy/ENIC have made mistakes. I do think they've made them in the best interests of the club (themselves) though.

Whilst Levy/ENIC may focus on the financial side of things I think the key aspect is that a successful Tottenham is going to see Spurs at it's highest value and therefore in the best interests of ENIC.

Similarly to Harry who only had his self-interest in mind, his best chance at the England job was succeeding with Spurs and we reaped the benefits.
I think ENIC will make mistakes but their self interest in their investment means that they do make their decisions to help take the club forward.

Not all of them have paid off. Martin Jol a very good example. For all the arguments defending ENIC to state look at where we've gone forward under their ownership it was quickly forgotten that Jol really kicked off that period of consistently qualifying for Europe and top 6 finishes.

I'm fuming that lessons haven't been learnt from the Keane/Berbatov disaster and we've gone in to the season again with just one fit striker but I do still think Levy/ENIC are the right owners for us currently.

With respect I don't think you have the mental fortitude to enter this debate.
I see you're taking the high road in this debate.

Listen up kids, when you're beaten in an argument, resort to getting personal. People will immediately take you seriously.

Last edited:
Jol was certainly a low moment and I accept Levy/ENIC have made mistakes. I do think they've made them in the best interests of the club (themselves) though.

Whilst Levy/ENIC may focus on the financial side of things I think the key aspect is that a successful Tottenham is going to see Spurs at it's highest value and therefore in the best interests of ENIC.

Similarly to Harry who only had his self-interest in mind, his best chance at the England job was succeeding with Spurs and we reaped the benefits.
I think ENIC will make mistakes but their self interest in their investment means that they do make their decisions to help take the club forward.

Not all of them have paid off. Martin Jol a very good example. For all the arguments defending ENIC to state look at where we've gone forward under their ownership it was quickly forgotten that Jol really kicked off that period of consistently qualifying for Europe and top 6 finishes.

I'm fuming that lessons haven't been learnt from the Keane/Berbatov disaster and we've gone in to the season again with just one fit striker but I do still think Levy/ENIC are the right owners for us currently.

I see what your saying but i truly believe they are happy for us to bubble away where we are.

We pay the most game for game season tickets in the world of football. That's pretty staggering when you think about it. That probably means we pay the most in the world of Sport. Plucky Tottenham Hotspur charging Ultra, ultra Elite prices.

Bought the club for 30 odd million. Levys wages alone have exceeded that.

Bought all the shares off the fans for a pittance on the pretext of making it easier for getting a loan. As far as I recall interest rates have been 0.5% for 8 years or so. Far cheaper than when Woolwich had to borrow.

I haven't got the net spend to hand at the moment but as it stands today they are winning by upwards of 40m.

Disastrous and clearly unplanned manager strategy.

I could go on and on and on. And on.

Mate if you think these are the right owners I would hate to see what the wrong ones would do.

I see what your saying but i truly believe they are happy for us to bubble away where we are.

We pay the most game for game season tickets in the world of football. That's pretty staggering when you think about it. That probably means we pay the most in the world of Sport. Plucky Tottenham Hotspur charging Ultra, ultra Elite prices.

Bought the club for 30 odd million. Levys wages alone have exceeded that.

Bought all the shares off the fans for a pittance on the pretext of making it easier for getting a loan. As far as I recall interest rates have been 0.5% for 8 years or so. Far cheaper than when Woolwich had to borrow.

I haven't got the net spend to hand at the moment but as it stands today they are winning by upwards of 40m.

Disastrous and clearly unplanned manager strategy.

I could go on and on and on. And on.

Mate if you think these are the right owners I would hate to see who the wrong ones would do.
Just to clarify, are you saying you think Levy earns more than 30 million a year?

As for the wrong owners, see;

Pete Winkelman, George Reynolds, Craig Whyte, Peter Ridsdale, Ken Richardson, Alexandre Gaydamak, Sulaiman Al-Fahim, Ali al-Faraj, Ballam Chanrai, Vladimir Antonov, John Batchelor, Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, The Venky's, Doug Ellis, Ken Bates, Vincent Tan, Aldo Spinelli, Maurizio Zamparini, Ratko Butorovic, Luciano Gaucci, Zdravko Mamic, Thaskin Shinawatra.....

I mean i could go on but i think you get the point.

Listen up kids, when you're beaten in an argument, resort to getting personal. People will immediately take you seriously.
It's certainly a tatic you relentlessly use in your steadfast bitter unequivocal never ending support
of the slaphead duo . Some say this sounds the arrogant rant of one on the pay roll .
Humility , compassion , truth , have always been lacking , a perfect candidate for
UKIP and others that spread discourse .
Who cares if we win or lose a silly argument on a childish forum .

Last edited:
It's certainly a tatic you relentlessly use in your steadfast bitter unequivocal never ending support
of the slaphead duo . Some say this sounds the arrogant rant of one on the pay roll .
Humility , compassion , truth , have always been lacking , a perfect candidate for
UKIP and others that spread discourse .
Who cares if we win or lose a silly argument on a childish forum .
i support TOTTENHAM

Not ENIC, not levy, not poch, not doris the tea lady, not stats, not rumours, not board meetings.

Since this is the first month of me wearing my anti Lev badge I'll explain why: It is because of signings. Not player signings, but managerial and behind the scenes.

There have been so many talented people pushed out the door by Levy, and so many gambles coming in that it's obvious he does not have a clue about football. We have stumbled from one clown to another.

Santini, Ramos, Hoddle (he's a legend on the pitch, not on the side of it so he's not a clown...) , AVB etc. The way he sacked Jol. The AVB gamble after he failed at Chelsea. Poch is looking like another AVB. They strange breakdown with Harry and England. The partnerships with Real. Baldini. Clipboard Chris. The "committee" signing policy etc etc.

I think Lev needs to go behind the scenes and be a money man only. He should have no say whatsoever in any football based decisions. The one who dragged us from the dark days was Jol. And he only ended up in power because Lev selected looney tunes Santini and it was Arnesen that used all his weight to get Jol to be the main man. So even that period of growth was not down to Lev.

When it comes to money in though, you want Lev in your corner. Just not spending it.

Before this season started, I said that my Lev support (which is vastly important to the universe) would go down to how Poch performs. Poch is being out-managed. No getting around it despite my man crush. Poch is another AVB style gamble on an inexperienced manager. All IMO.

Thought it was time for some appreciation, I really like him. We're lucky to have him as chairman, he's done an outstanding job imo
He's got lucky as fuck with Poch. A fantastic manager who doesn't ask for money. Credit where it's due mate. Outstanding job? He's fucked up nearly every managerial appointment up to now. Levy just stands still watches the TV money roll in. Don't mistake Poch's achievements for Levy's.

He's got lucky as fuck with Poch. A fantastic manager who doesn't ask for money. Credit where it's due mate. Outstanding job? He's fucked up nearly every managerial appointment up to now. Levy just stands still watches the TV money roll in. Don't mistake Poch's achievements for Levy's.
He dragged us from mid table nothing to consistently getting european football. In the process he made us the 12th richest club in the world and got us a brand new stadium. Sure he's fucked up some of the managerial appointments, but If that isn't an outstanding job, I don't know what is.

Last edited:
He dragged us from mid table nothing to consistently getting european football. In the process he made us the 12th riches club in the world and got us a brand new stadium. Sure he's fucked up some of the managerial appointments, but If that isn't an outstanding job, I don't know what is.
Ok mate.

Back
Top Bottom