Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Naive to think he's a true Spurs fan , are there any chairman that are ? He serves Lewis first . Enic are a investment company that maximises it's assets for profitable return .
lnvesting large amounts in the team is considered high risk and "our" money is better used for infrastructure .
The premier league is a wash with cash. While l thank him for the new stadium , any owner /chairman would have done it in the last 20 years . With a large fan base , tourist fans it would be stupid not to .
So till we win a title , a few cups he will always be mocked by the media/other fans as greedy tiģht fucker. The media , just never see the will to invest any required cash into the first 11 to be taken seriously as club that wants to actually win things . At the moment we are the new Woolwich without the cups , which is an improvement .
I hope a leopard can change it's spots but lm not so confident .
Spot on - the Board is more than happy with Top 4 it seems because it ensures maximum financial return with least investment in the team since winning the PL / CL would require spending top dollar on real talent.

I also have a lingering suspicion ENIC might actually sell as soon as the stadium is done as our stock is at its highest. Hopefully not

Naive to think he's a true Spurs fan , are there any chairman that are ? He serves Lewis first . Enic are a investment company that maximises it's assets for profitable return .
lnvesting large amounts in the team is considered high risk and "our" money is better used for infrastructure .
The premier league is a wash with cash. While l thank him for the new stadium , any owner /chairman would have done it in the last 20 years . With a large fan base , tourist fans it would be stupid not to .
So till we win a title , a few cups he will always be mocked by the media/other fans as greedy tiģht fucker. The media , just never see the will to invest any required cash into the first 11 to be taken seriously as club that wants to actually win things . At the moment we are the new Woolwich without the cups , which is an improvement .
I hope a leopard can change it's spots but lm not so confident .

Its naive and downright crass to deny he's a Spurs fan to try and push an agenda.....
"oh he didnt buy me Ronaldo, he's not really Spurs"

Only a true Spurs fan would run the club the way he has, giving it financial health and a future. Awwww we had to wait a whole 6 months longer for the 15 year project he just delivered, Levy Out.
He was attending WHL in the 60's and was good friends with the likes of Hoddle I believe in the 80's while he had a box....he then bought the club and built a stadium.

If he's not a true fan, Im not sure what that makes any of us

Not signing anyone was one thing but cashing in on Dembele was fucking criminal. We were getting injuries galore at the time to but they still felt it best to cash in. Just fucking disgusting.

Agreed. Of course Levy deserves credit for delivering the stadium, as every single Spurs fan(I would hope) would give him. But the reason we are in a Champions League semi final and the reason we have seen an overall massive improvement in the football side of our club during the last 4 years is down to Mauricio Pochettino, not Daniel Levy and ENIC.
If you pay Levy and Enic no credit any for that success, then you are a blithering idiot.

Conte will tell him to fuck off in months. An incompetent of the highest order, knows fuck all about football. Should had never left the accounting part of the club, it’s the only thing he’s good.
I'm afraid to say he's not even a good accountant.

He's created a persona now that everyone is looking to pull a fast one over the great negotiator that is Daniel levy our Lord and saviour.
It is royally backfiring on him and reflecting in the accounting books too.

Even some of his business decisions are odd. He's sounded out lots of companies to get naming rights but has valued the club way beyond anything a legitimate buyer would pay.
The uber rich (the only people who can afford to pay the valuation) aren't going to want to buy us, they've made their money, they have no interest in us. So he's priced himself out of that market.

His morals are also off. Reminder this is the same guy who wanted to cut wages of our non-playing staff during the pandemic whilst he himself is happy to give himself millions each year, including bonuses.

As with most businesses, covid has thrown a spanner into his business of using the stadium as a cash cow. But everyone knows this money is not going to be invested in the team.

I think ENIC have made the decision that they will not be able to financially compete with Chelsea, City, Newcastle and United. So they will take what they can get from the stadium which is enough profit to keep them going.

The football operation is just going to survive although matchday revenues will not be anything like what levy intended when the stadium opened. Hence from a business point here he's not made a good decision because he has failed to realise that to maximise profits which are his intentions he needs to invest in on field football operations to ensure fans fill out the stadium.

Just my opinion but by the time international travel fully recovers from covid, the casual tourist fan who levy was banking on will no longer want to attend because the footballing side will be such a shit show it won't be worth a tourist spending that much money. I'm sure the big games will get sold out against the top 6 but none of the others will.

The attendances at home from now to the end of the season will be on average 40-50k IMO.

The net spend argument is a joke as well. The fact our net spend is low is a good thing. If we are improving and not spending beyond our means, that's fucking genius.

My opinion is that Levy has made some big mistakes cough*stratford*cough, however, we are probably the best run club in the Premier League and who would we replace him with if he did go. Would we be comfortable with a multi billionaire fuel boss and turn in to the likes of Chelski? Or have someone that splashes money they dont have and put the club at financial risk?

images

Takrn from Alex Fergusons autobiograpby
" but it ended up as a scrap with Daniel Levy, thr Tottenham chairman, whivh left us reluctant to reyurn to Spurs for players."

" you come off dizzy, you cant discyss both sides of the same issue with daniel. Its about him, and Tottenham, nothig more"

I love this.

Did Ferguson write this in a drunken state or was he still dizzy from the meeting with Levy?

So Gold has a month to do the deals he wanted, tries to do 8 in the last 2 hours of the window and fails. Rather than hold up his own hands and admit they should have acted faster he blames other people for being impossible to work with? Oh well, whatever hoodwinks the cavemen fans into believe your bullshit I guess

Back
Top Bottom