Daniel Levy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not rocket science! Send him on loan to them, pay half his wages, he starts scoring goals for the spammers (he's on loan after all), meanwhile we are double fucked if Kane gets injured. Levy does loads of questionable stuff but this is not one of those things

Imagine us paying someone to fucking score for the spammers, disgusting thought.

As funny as it would be if Levy purposely mugged them off, I think its a no brainer to not let Ade go there.
  • They are close to us in the table
  • They offered to pay less of his wages than other clubs
  • We didn't have a replacement
West Ham lacking class is there own doing.

K6GuzX4.jpg

Just thought I would take a look at the numbers.

In the 17 years since ENIC took over THFC have averaged 6.6 place in the Prem. If you discount the first 3 seasons when he was dealing with the shambles he took over from Sugar that goes up to 5.7 place. Ergo, firmly established us as a top 6 side.

In the previous 14 seasons we averaged 10.1 and previous 17 season avg was 9.3. Firmly mid table fodder.

On top of that we are on a solid financial footing, have the £850mn NPD, a great young manager, the best (English) striker of his generation and a nucleus of the England team.

Levy isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination but anyone that thinks he has been bad for Spurs is deluded.

Not one nosher among the 22 positive ratings so far. Truly a fanbase divided. They obviously think we were better before. Madness. All I will say is that none of them who paid money to go to the Lane in those days can seriously argue that we are worse off now.

Of course you're right that is progression, but is that down to Daniel Levy, or the manager he arguably struck gold by appointing, who has delivered everything you mentioned above?
If you're gonna blame every failure on Levy, you must do the same for the successes.

The truth is, every win, loss and draw is an amalgamation of everything and everyone.

We signed Lucas in Jan 18. I'm calling out your lies. Twat.

We also clearly came close to signing De Jong and Grealish. Two players who clearly have quality to add to the team. Levy hasn't sat on his arse doing nothing, far from it. Under Levy we have gone from no European football through to getting to the semi finals of the Europa League, all the way through to being in the semi finals of the Champions League. We have done so whilst working within our financial means.

Levy has been a catalyst for change & people that can't see the development to date refuse to see it as it doesn't suit their agendas. If we beat Ajax and win the final, will people say they were wrong to slag Levy off? It's a real possibility and it's occured under Levy's reign when 15 years ago breaking into the top 4 was seen as an impossible task by the likes of Jol etc.

It's all about the long-term, it's the only way to organically grown the stature of the club just and fairly

Interesting reading here, and if its claims are true, then I don't blame Levy for turning down West Ham's low offer of paying half Ade's wages.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...locked-by-Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy.html

Of course, we don't know whether a new striker was lined up should the Adebayor loan have gone through. It seems unlikely - so perhaps this falling through could be a blessing in disguise.

Without a player coming in I see no point in lending Ade to Wet Spam, paying half his wages and then watching him suddenly play well for a contract and perhaps drive them above us, it would be typical #Spursy

This is a bit of a strange debate because no one is going to change their opinion on Daniel Levy. He is either the tight chairman holding us back or a safe pair of hands getting us slowly up to where we belong.

There are so many things to be said about spending big, it's not worked for Chelsea or Manchester United and the jury is out on City. Demanding a high spending chairman seems fairly hollow looking at the premier league today.

That said we need a striker, any fan with a set of eyes will tell you that our reliance on Harry Kane to lead the line is short sighted. Though Son did a great job at Leicester, he is not a natural focal point for our system, though I think he's only going to get better in attacking midfield. Though it may be a scouting issue or reluctance on the part of Mitchell/Pochettino, if we fall short through a lack of goals this season, I think the general consensus will be that Levy has let us down.

Even if that is the case, I think you have to credit Levy, we are not the 4th richest club in the league, therefore we are clearly over achieving, we are a top 6 side on the basis of the squad we can afford.

The fact we have not won the league or FA Cup under Levy does not make him a bad chairman, I think he has taken the club forward sustainably,which is a great deal better than some of the horror stories of the clubs we've seen come and go.

I can understand why some might be a little disappointed by Levy, he's not always been right, not by any measure. What I don't get is that some fans think he is literally the worst chairman we've ever had, I just can't see that...

I do think that people forget we operate within a budget, and if there are restrictions due to the stadium and paying our current crop the best wage we can afford, then it stands to reason we are not going to splash out silly money for average players. I am sure that when we come calling, the price shoots up.

Wonder how people would genuinely feel if Utd poached Levy and we ended up with the Glaziers and Woodward.

I’m pretty sure it’s not what you want
ahhh the glazers
borrowed a stack of cash to buy man utd. trasnferred the debt they incurred to man utd, so the club is paying for its self to be bought by them.

and some people think ENIC are bad owners

Naive to think he's a true Spurs fan , are there any chairman that are ? He serves Lewis first . Enic are a investment company that maximises it's assets for profitable return .
lnvesting large amounts in the team is considered high risk and "our" money is better used for infrastructure .
The premier league is a wash with cash. While l thank him for the new stadium , any owner /chairman would have done it in the last 20 years . With a large fan base , tourist fans it would be stupid not to .
So till we win a title , a few cups he will always be mocked by the media/other fans as greedy tiģht fucker. The media , just never see the will to invest any required cash into the first 11 to be taken seriously as club that wants to actually win things . At the moment we are the new Woolwich without the cups , which is an improvement .
I hope a leopard can change it's spots but lm not so confident .

Hi Chester. I’d just like to point out how much I love your pithy, homespun amorphisms from the Arctic Circle and beyond. On the long winter nights I get a great deal of satisfaction knowing that you are colder than me.

Not a criticism as such, but do you have any raccoon based wisdom? I admit I’m an ignorant Englishman, but do the furry little fuckers even get up as far North as you?

Being made into a hat seems a harsh punishment for a lack of basic Geography.

Respect.
Ain't no coon critter around Whitehorse but we sure got badtooth grizzlys .
A few summer's back down south worked on Uncle Woodrow's farmstead in Alberta. You sure got those coons in the salt marsh around the creek.
No Davy Crockett hats here brother , that's in gong land of the free . We leave that to the half witted Trumpbillys.

(Our Great Great Granddaddys all United Empire Loyalists )

Just played a Champions League Semi Final in the best stadium in the world.

But what has he ever done for us?
Welcome back, Spursdem.

Credit to Levy for the venue. But I think Poch and team deserve the credit for getting to the semi.

Kind of backs up my earlier post. It's a shame more supporters don't show as much support for the hand-tied Poch and his dwindling band of fighters as they do for Levy and the owners.

Back
Top Bottom